tired of mobs

kbadelas

Other games let you avoid mobs because they have wide open spaces; this game mobs are so close together along the tiny little narrow paths this game operates on, you always run into several crowds. A few alts in this is boo-rring

Not true at all.

You avoid mobs in this game just like any other. So many ways to do it its not even funny. You can bypass 75% of most encounters but just like the other games, when you get close to your quest objective...you have to clear the mobs to get to it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can bypass 75% of most encounters

It's the 25% OP wants to also avoid, what part of that do you not get. To put it in real terms - that's an extra 25% of his time multiplied by 7 (alts) completely wasted on killing extra mobs.

It's the 25% OP wants to also avoid, what part of that do you not get. To put it in real terms - that's an extra 25% of his time multiplied by 7 (alts) completely wasted on killing extra mobs.

Then don't play the game...what part do you not understand of mobs being in a MMO?

I can't even believe you're trying to argue this. Honestly... this argument is completely ridiculous. If you don't want to play the game, don't play it. I'm sure there's a "hello kitty super fun time" game out there with a win button if you prefer.

Edited by Galbatorrix

I can't even believe you're trying to argue this. Honestly... this argument is completely ridiculous. If you don't want to play the game, don't play it. I'm sure there's a "hello kitty super fun time" game out there with a win button if you prefer.

I'm not OP *******. Welcome to my ignore list (aka stalklist) for being so completely redundant you likely can never have anything useful to say. You'll see me again however.

Edited by lollie

I'm not OP *******.

Your argument is the same, so you might as well be.

Welcome to my ignore list (aka stalklist) for being so completely redundant you likely can never have anything useful to say. You'll see me again however.

Nope. I'll go ahead and ignore you as well. One less useless whiner on the board.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Your argument is the same, so you might as well be.

Pointing out flaws in another's argument isn't the same as saying I don't want to kill mobs, which is what you're suggesting. This makes anything you said there useless, and even better, still useless in your second post to me. Go you.

Pointing out flaws in another's argument isn't the same as saying I don't want to kill mobs, which is what you're suggesting. This makes anything you said there useless, and even better, still useless in your second post to me. Go you.

You also said fighting mobs is boring and you're defending an argument that says people shouldn't have to fight mobs at all if they don't want to. In other words, your arguments are just as asinine as the OPs.

It's a game. Fighting NPCs is a big part of it. If you don't like it, go play something else.

"OMG, why do I have to shoot aliens in Halo? Why can't they just leave me alone so I can get through this level faster?!?!"

The game has to somehow keep you playing, by artificially lengthening it in the form of mobs.

Thing is, people have no problem killing millions of mobs in Diablo.

They also have no problems killing the same creeps over and over again in DoTA.

Those 2 games somehow making grinding mobs a lot of fun. Is it because of loot?

Maybe there is something that can be done to make killing mobs fun.

Edited by ConradLionhart

The game has to somehow keep you playing, by artificially lengthening it in the form of mobs.

Thing is, people have no problem killing millions of mobs in Diablo.

They also have no problems killing the same creeps over and over again in DoTA.

Maybe there is something that can be done to make killing mobs fun.

Most people don't mind killing NPCs in MMOs either. They expect it. Heck, this game especially because there are no training dummies right now. I'll normally kill any and all golds I come by just to work on something in my rotation.

It's just that there will always be insane people on gen boards that literally complain about everything.

Welcome to the world of MMO's.

What is your suggestion then, just let anyone hit the easy button on an alt to get to lvl 50 if you already have a lvl 50?

Laziness never ceases to amaze me.

Get rid of the mobs, those pesky quests, needing to raise your skill to craft...pffft...too time consuming.

I kinda see the OP's point, though I don't think it was expressed well. It has nothing to do with laziness...it's the contrived nature of having 3 mobs standing there, then 3 more mobs, then 4 mobs, then 2, then 3 more....it can get rather boring slogging through this.

But this a problem with most MMOs, not just SWTOR. If the OP is put off by it, he likely should avoid this type of MMO. In an MMO like EVE Online, the OP could avoid this contrived game play.

I kinda see the OP's point, though I don't think it was expressed well. It has nothing to do with laziness...it's the contrived nature of having 3 mobs standing there, then 3 more mobs, then 4 mobs, then 2, then 3 more....it can get rather boring slogging through this.

But this a problem with most MMOs, not just SWTOR. If the OP is put off by it, he likely should avoid this type of MMO. In an MMO like EVE Online, the OP could avoid this contrived game play.

The thing is, which has already been mentioned, most areas allow you to avoid most of the mobs you come by. There are some door ways, or instanced areas that force you to clear it out (and it's normally a quest objective), but mobs in instances don't respawn (or if they do, it's always been too slow for me to have to worry about), so you normally only have to clear them on your way in.

Again, this is a non-argument. The game lets you avoid most things if you really want to.

The game lets you avoid most things if you really want to.

Again, skipping the point that 25% (another poster's estimate) of extra mobs multiplied by 7 alts is a long time wasted doing something OP (and most of the rest of us, at least the ones who aren't lying) define as boring ---> killing the same mobs on multiple alts.

If game didn't have such narrow pathways, or if we could get a hovercraft that let us jump over these things, then the problem would be solved.

Edited by lollie

Even the linear paths they try to send you down can be bypassed with a little exploring and SW style Parkour (sp?) meets Mario Brothers.

I have come to the (possibly wrong) conclusion that they have placed little hidden short cuts that are not extremely obvious but easily found with some effort.

Walk four meters, kill a group.

Walk four meters, OOO a boss...

And the best part it's a story driven RPG, and the mobs hardly make a dent in your experience. So they are pretty much just their to waste your time.

I like this game, but I would like it a more if I didn't have to fight for every meter of turf. Up hill both ways. It's not hard. It's just a grind. If I wanted to grind I would play Diablo or something.

Are there any puzzles in this game like KOTOR had? I am level 45 BH and have not seen anything yet. There are other things they can put in our way besides infinite mobs to kill on the way to a mission goal.

Are there any puzzles in this game like KOTOR had? I am level 45 BH and have not seen anything yet. There are other things they can put in our way besides infinite mobs to kill on the way to a mission goal.

Even Skyrim attempted puzzles, but made them bland and repetitive so by your second and third claw door, it was just an annoyance.

Puzzles are contentious in that they require a certain degree of difficulty to be exciting and fun, but have to be simple enough to not block people from content. It seems that recently, developers have erred on the side of "stupid" and have made puzzles little more than speed bumps with no pay off.

I'd rather they not attempt them at all because they can't be trusted to make them good enough or fun enough without upsetting the audience this game is intended for.

I can go play other games for my puzzle fix.

Edited by Dezzi

I actually hate playing a stealth class because I can't stop myself from using it. I have a level 33 Vanguard that goes in guns blazing wrecking everything in sight. And then there's my shadow... who sneaks around like a weenie. I'd rather play a bad muthashutyomouth than a weenie.

The sneaky ones usually come out on top. It is those in the shadows down thru history which won. Look at all the stealth technology and Ninja's etc. :cool:

To the OP. What is the big rush? Too many nowdays want a quick fix.

Edited by Valkirus

If game didn't have such narrow pathways, or if we could get a hovercraft that let us jump over these things, then the problem would be solved.

How about an intant-level-50 button....right next to the game-over-I-win button.

Your mindset suggests you should not be playing MMOs, they simply are not the fun you are looking for.

I actually hate playing a stealth class because I can't stop myself from using it. I have a level 33 Vanguard that goes in guns blazing wrecking everything in sight. And then there's my shadow... who sneaks around like a weenie. I'd rather play a bad muthashutyomouth than a weenie.

/this

Trooper is my favorite class, I play both Vanguard and Commando. They both kick *** in the fun department.

I like playing stealth classes just so I can sneak up behind as many mobs as possible and gank their asses.

I thank god that on my first character I didn't choose the gathering skill that allows you to harvest crafting mats from corpses or I'd never stop grinding.

Oh, and you mention only wanting to do quests. Well did you realize when you kill a mob in a quest area you usually get a bonus quest to kill more mobs.

And it usually works out that you have to kill just about as many mobs as it takes to get to the objective (assuming there wasn't somebody in front of you clearing the path).

So, to do all of the quests you have to kill all of the mobs.

Stop being lazy. Stop complaining. If you can't do both of those, do us a favor and STOP PLAYING THE GAME.

Walk four meters, OOO a boss...

Walk four meters, kill a group..

90% of the "groups" can be bypassed.

Learn to not /aggromagnet