FIX Pass Mechanic in Huttball

Herboss

Passing in huttball can just be a pain.

I have noticed the more elevation differences you are passing at the more it can just become more of a pain, what I mean is from your perspective it can look like you passed right to them but the with the change in elevations they are actually standing below and/or above where the ball is landing.

closest to center

Latency is a pain, i've been in countless situations where according to my screen i'm closest to the middle by far, but still someone seamingly barely touching the outskirts of the circle still gets it.

the thing that pisses me off the most is when the circle doesn't show up. all the sudden some1 else has the ball

That's when the ball carrier gets knocked around / pulled just as they're throwing it.

Edited by Havocx

After playing Huttball (a lot) and intercepting the ball (a lot) I've found that it's a line of sight issue. I can't tell you how many times I've intercepted by intercepting the throw based on the direction it was being thrown. I'm not sure precisely how it works but I totally disagree that it's closest to the center from my personal experience.

i agree i've been in the center and someone to the side got it on enemy team
Yeah same, I've had enemy that looked like they were just out of the circle get it instead of the guy stand bang in the middle of it. It seems completely random which is stupid.

Yeah same, I've had enemy that looked like they were just out of the circle get it instead of the guy stand bang in the middle of it. It seems completely random which is stupid.

Line of sight is not random? I wouldn't be able to reliably intercept the ball if that was the case.

This is false.

It really is a random person who is in the circle at the same time.

It SHOULD be closest to the center though.

No, it is correct, with the exception of it taking into account the path of travel. If you have someone standing dead center, but an enemy is between them and the ball in its path of travel, the enemy gets the ball.

Kind of like any other sport evolving a ball. If that ball travels within the reach of the opposing team before arriving at the intended target, it gets intercepted.

Ball traveling: --------( : ) E T X-Center of landing

E is the enemy, T is your teammate. In this situation, the enemy gets the ball as he is in direct line of its travel and right next to your team mate.

Edited by PostalTwinkie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.