The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Quinn or Vette?

Maraxuss

I run with Quinn sometimes. Hes better for some encounters that can drag on where I need sustained healing. Otherwise I roll with Jaessa, because having my own dark sith sex toy at my disposal is just too much fun. Two sabers are better than one. Edited by ghettogenius

Run Vette unless you're soloing champions or soloing H2+ quests. Quinn will only slow you down on anything weaker. Put it this way - if you feel that the content is pressuring you to use Quinn because you're just taking so much damage every pull, do it. Otherwise, leave him on the ship.

After leveling up BH with Mako I got used to having a healer around so I've ran with Quinn for almost as long as he's been with me.

And since I play female toons (and am a female) this is my first real opportunity to get flirty and make out with a companion loool :D

Run Vette unless you're soloing champions or soloing H2+ quests. Quinn will only slow you down on anything weaker.

Pretty much this.

It depends on the fight, but if you're a Jugg and tanking Heroics, then you want Quinn.

If you're just running Daily's then Vette is the way to go.

As always, make sure they are geared up with Cunning gear.

As pointed out : best survivability of the team is obviously tank/healer combo.

Tank/dps can also work even for tougher content, but on a different math. Basically, can you and your DPS companion kill them faster than they kill you?

In your typical 2 strong 1 elite heroic, answer is prolly yes. I've soloed a few with Vette and a carnage mara back then while only being a few level above the H2. (carnage lack survivability compared to annihilation, nvm Immortal jug)

If its a champion tough, time is not your best friend. THAT said, I've soloed a champ on a quest with my Guardian and Kira Carsen last week. Note that I burnt all my CD, a medpack and ended the fight with less than 1% health left (managed to slightly heal with the recuperation ability to not die to a last DoT tick). And I was 5 level over the champ.

So yeh. Keep Quinn nearby for stronger content, use a DPS for regular questing.

Edited by verfallen

My first Jugg was Vengance. Rolled with Quinn when I got him, never looked back.

My second jugg is solely Immortal. Been leveling with Vette. so far it's not been bad. just hit Alderaan. you do run into times where even with a tank spec you take damage that vette can't heal. I find Biotech to be a nice balancer. endless use med pack on level very easily make up the difference.

Quinn is saved for nasty fights when my immortal would take too much damage. but honestly, haven't even used him. defensive CD's last long enough to take most elites down.

But in spite of this, I do see more downtime on my immortal with Vette then my Vengance did with quinn. Healer companions are sorta OP IMO. but the damage isn't something that I can't get past. running vengance with no heals sucks. but you don't see too much of a difference until your mid 30's in the specs.

Tank = Vette

DPS = Quinn

Honestly, you could probably run with a rabbit as your companion, and fight al your battles with a toothpick. wouldn't be easy, or enjoyable tho. the combinations above make the process smooth enough that you can enjoy the class.

After you hit lv50, maybe lv47 or so, you don't have a choice. You need to use Quinn otherwise you die in solo if you are in tank spec.

False. I used Vette all the way till the end and had no issues taking on any solo content anywhere. I ended up at the same level of health regardless of which companion I chose since it took me so long to kill a mob with Quinn (and on-level he can't keep up with the dmg unless he is better geared than I am!) and Vette helped kill it quick. Jaesa is good too, but Vette is my "wife".. and she gets *****y when I want some Sith bonding time.

Besides... Quinn is a douche.

I ran with Quinn for a while but as everyone has pointed out, it's very slow going.

Since I picked up Pierce, I play with him 99% of the time in his Sniper mode. He does decent DPS, mobs die quick and I don't have to worry about his survivability due to his heavy armor.

I only pull out Quinn on boss mobs that I've already died on with Pierce and even then, that's maybe 1 out of 10 bosses that I have to get Quinn out.

(On the enjoyment level, being a woman, I prefer the eye and ear candy of Pierce over Quinn.)

Now, I didn't do this on my warrior (marauder) because she's my first character and I felt like I got pummeled without constant heals. But when I leveled my mercenary, I just stuck with Torian until my health dipped low, pulled out Mako for a fight or two, then swapped back - with him at full health and myself pretty high up too.

I'd imagine especially on the tank jugg you could easily go a few fights with vette out, swap to quinn to heal vette and yourself without having to channel (much). In my mind its worth it as it felt faster on my BH, provided you don't mind keeping 2 comps available and not running missions.