Searching for this...

dnoisette

Hi guys !

I saw this pic in the "Hood up ?" thread in the Marauder forum. It was said to be Merciless Juggernaut Elite Body Armor but Torhead icon for this item somehow doesn't match the pic.

Is this armor still in game ? If so what is it called and where can I find it ?

Thank you for your replies ! :)

Edited by dnoisette

Looks like the jugg level 40 PvP armor.

FYI, only the partial helms, like the rebreather in that pic, will display under the hood.

I could swear I've seen one helm that was similar to Baras' which did as well, but I'm probably just mistaken on that.

Thank you for all your replies !

Its heavy armor, from the heroic quests on Taris

Do you happen to know which heroic that is ? Also, does it really look like that ? 'Cause Torhead shows a chest piece with cape, kinda like the one from Tatooine commendations vendor...

Edited by dnoisette

I am quite sure that armor is not from any HC on Taris.

I am an avid armorhunter myself, and I must say that the armor shown in the screenshot has me a bit baffled. I think the second poster has it right though: it looks like the level pvp armor, Chestguard of Savagery, yet the colour seems different. The pvp armor is very dark purple, this one actually looks black. That could just be the colourscheme or shadowing of the screenshot, of course.

Another similar looking armor is the level 50 Corellian armor, which can be bought for Corellian commendations. That has a cleary visible breastplate beneath the robes though, so it's not the one shown in the screenshot.

I'd go with the Chestguard of Savagery though, that's your best bet.

Edit: upon looking at the screenshot again and reading another poster's comment on the colour, I really am at a loss as to the nature of this armor. I do not think I've ever seen it before. Interesting ... veeery interesting.

Edited by -SWA-

The background on that pic is Quesh, so I would check the Taris heroics. If I recall right, the chest piece comes from the quest to wipe out the jedi power off in the WNW area of the map. It's sad, that looks more like medium armor than the stuff my mara got from that quest. Guess I should have rolled Jugg.

Thank you for all your replies !

Do you happen to know which heroic that is ? Also, does it really look like that ? 'Cause Torhead shows a chest piece with cape, kinda like the one from Tatooine commendations vendor...

I believe the chest is from the Blackout quest, but I could be wrong. Each of the heroic quests gives you a piece of the set, so just do them all.

I believe the chest is from the Blackout quest, but I could be wrong. Each of the heroic quests gives you a piece of the set, so just do them all.

I'm not yet on Taris with my Jugg and cannot check that out with any other character which is why I'm asking for that set. It's really elusive at the moment. :cool:

Either they changed this, or the chestreward on Taris is what the picture on Torhead shows it to be. I've been looking all over for hooded armors, and I most certainly ran all HC's on Taris, both the normal ones and the bonusmission HC's. Never came across this armor.

Still, with multiple people claiming this armor to be the reward from a Taris HC, I'm certainly willing to give it another try. As soon as I have a chance (probably tomorrowevening), off to Taris I go!

Here's a Pic of it, you buy it from the Chubby Sith Lord wearing it in the Picture.

Color is a tad different but it's the same model.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/syringe8gs/Juggy-Armor.jpg

But that's the entire point. We know an armor of the same model can be bought at the PvP vendor. We're wondering where the BLACK armor came from, not the dark purple one. Yes, it's the same model, but the colour and rarity make the black one more desirable.

(Oh god, that sounds so lame. I'm shopping for clothes!)

I would recommend checking for this item, it's the same skin but it's orange and drops from a flashpoint (Colicoid War Game IIRC). :)

It can also be crafted: http://www.torhead.com/item/cp0158B/fortified-electrum-chestguard

I think the robe's colour is -slightly- different (grey instead of dark grey), but the model is the same. If you don't mind the slight colour change, you should find yourself a Synthweaver (skill 400).

Taris Heroic quest. Cannot remember the name of the quest, but I remember it was the only HC I did on Taris and I stashed that headpiece away in my captains locker.

I'd say I vaguely remember killing Rakghouls... but, y'know, that's a given.

I'm still searching for it, not giving up until I now if it's still IG or not. :D

I am trying to find the thread you first saw this armor in. Perhaps that will yield new clues.

We'll get this bastard yet ;)

I am trying to find the thread you first saw this armor in. Perhaps that will yield new clues.

We'll get this bastard yet ;)

Hold on, I'll search for the link. :p

EDIT: Here you go, second post of the 7th page.

Edited by dnoisette

Hold on, I'll search for the link. :p

EDIT: Here you go, second post of the 7th page.

Damn, just browsed all 52 pages of that post, missed it completely. Thanks for the link though. It appears to me the poster said the Black Armor he had was a Green one, that by doing all Heroics on Taris, one could get a better version, namely the Merciless Juggernaut Elite. As I've just shown, it's not Merciless Juggernaut Elite, so the armor shown could very well be an uncommon (i.e. green) armor, not an orange, moddable, version.

And honestly, I am playing on a rather large server, and have been searching for orange armors since beta. I have an entire banktab and more filled with orange armorparts. I am still not sure of the existence of this armor as a moddable one, else I think I'd have seen it by now.

I do hope it's out there though. It DOES look good!