Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

VOTE : Bring Back Stealth Cap

Bombalurina

Hear me out.

The designers stated that Smuggle capping nodes/doors was not a glitch and was intended to be in the game.

What they did not intend was the lack of utility we would have as a class compared to others for 1.2 8-man premades. We suck at hutball, our DPS is nerfed, one our talent trees is useless and our CC and survivability is below par. Give us back the utility that made us worth having. Give us the added extra excitement of forcing defenders to ACTUALLY pay attention to their doors again. Give us the ability to single handed turn the tide of a match like a good pull in hutball can do or a knock-back would.

Don't let us be the head-headed step child of Rated Warzones, it's not game breaking, it's competitive.

Please Vote +1 or - 1 and let your voice be heard.

They listen to forums rather than first hand experience, what can you do. I feel your pain

Uh.... you might want to read this sentence out loud to yourself and ask what is wrong with this statement.

Do the forums talk to you at night? What do they tell you? Do they whisper sweet nothings in your ear? I am so intrigued...

EDIT: lol nice change there you originally said they listen to forums rather than people.... you almost had me thinking I was seeing things.

Edited by Surgin

They listen to forums rather than first hand experience, what can you do. I feel your pain

Sure, they don't have their own numbers based on which they balance the game. If they'd listen to the forums we'd have the choice between creating a full equipped l50 at char creation.

There also wouldn't be any sorcs, bhs, ops, marauders, pts etc etc since you'd find an "But they are OP thead" for virtually every class :)

I can go stealth and cap the doors. My team job is to attack and distract enemies. And I CAN'T EVEN COUNT how many times I arm doors standing 1m behind some idiot who never ever looked back because "i have clear view from here, there is no possible way for them to arm that doors!".

Working as intended.

I play an op and infiltrate capping was stupid.

Edit: Although I wouldn't mind an improved radius and duration for infiltrate to make it a more meaningful utility in PVP.

Edited by Bnol

Hear me out.

The designers stated that Smuggle capping nodes/doors was not a glitch and was intended to be in the game.

What they did not intend was the lack of utility we would have as a class compared to others for 1.2 8-man premades. We suck at hutball, our DPS is nerfed, one our talent trees is useless and our CC and survivability is below par. Give us back the utility that made us worth having. Give us the added extra excitement of forcing defenders to ACTUALLY pay attention to their doors again. Give us the ability to single handed turn the tide of a match like a good pull in hutball can do or a knock-back would.

Don't let us be the head-headed step child of Rated Warzones, it's not game breaking, it's competitive.

Please Vote +1 or - 1 and let your voice be heard.

Smugglers on my sever hedarr soogn (something like that) always place top 3 of not 1 in damage done regardless of wz map. They do very well especially when healers are involved.

I think it is a l2p issue. I have still been a victim of smuggler burst which feels still over the top. And bioware agrees :)

Edit : -1. What a stupid idea.

Edited by Audenlol

that's ridiculous and i say that as an operative. Now having to turn off stealth, then start to cap, instead of popping out of stealth when you start to interact seems like a weird change. Was it really that 1/2 of a second that was the linch pin in capping?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.