Thought on Why Ranked Warhero Gear is Flawed

Scoobings

Just throwing this out there: The concept of ranked warhero gear as a reward for high rankings is a flawed system. The reason it's flawed is because the reward is only cosmetic and as far as I know won't have an augment slot.

In 1.2 the best gear is going to be crafted, crit oranges. The reason for this is with the ability to remove all mods from armor, including armor rings, from pvp pieces; you can simply remove those mods and put them in an Orange crit piece and get the benefit of an Augment as well.

This isn't new information to anyone, however what I haven't seen mentioned is the fact that if the Ranked Warhero Gear is only cosmetic and doesn't have an augment slot no one will wear it ever.

I don't have a problem with rated gear not being better than normal gear, but it seems unfair to have a reward for "end game" pvp and have it actually be worse than the best in slot gear.

The simple fix would be to add an augment slot to the PVP gear, and I hope the devs aren't over looking this. Would be kind of a bummer if any rated gear I gained just rotted in my storage chest.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just throwing this out there: The concept of ranked warhero gear as a reward for high rankings is a flawed system. The reason it's flawed is because the reward is only cosmetic and as far as I know won't have an augment slot.

In 1.2 the best gear is going to be crafted, crit oranges. The reason for this is with the ability to remove all mods from armor, including armor rings, from pvp pieces; you can simply remove those mods and put them in an Orange crit piece and get the benefit of an Augment as well.

This isn't new information to anyone, however what I haven't seen mentioned is the fact that if the Ranked Warhero Gear is only cosmetic and doesn't have an augment slot no one will wear it ever.

I don't have a problem with rated gear not being better than normal gear, but it seems unfair to have a reward for "end game" pvp and have it actually be worse than the best in slot gear.

The simple fix would be to add an augment slot to the PVP gear, and I hope the devs aren't over looking this. Would be kind of a bummer if any rated gear I gained just rotted in my storage chest.

+100000000000000000000000000000

If they don't address this, I will laugh in their faces.

DON'T LET IT HAPPEN BIOWARE FOR FRICKIN GOSH DARN FLIPPY SAKE

The higheast problem is ther combat leader designer is 60IQ man who have a finished college and lucky place in company...he should be dissmised a.s.a.p.

I heard a rumor that there are Augments on that gear. No idea how valid it is.

That would be good. I can't imagine the "best damn pvp team in the biz" wouldn't think of something like that themself but who knows at this point.

I heard a rumor that there are Augments on that gear. No idea how valid it is.

That would be tight. I'm assuming they are going to put that in there anyway. There is just not put augments on the gear when they are stressing "equal gear for all"

By the way people are confusing the new world order of gear. The mods you get from warlord or whatever will be bis.

I do think adding an augment slot will balance things out but people act like getting this gear will be pointless which is 100% not true as you will take the mods and move them. That is the point in the first place. Not being able to have a single look is only a very minor issue.

By the way people are confusing the new world order of gear. The mods you get from warlord or whatever will be bis.

I do think adding an augment slot will balance things out but people act like getting this gear will be pointless which is 100% not true as you will take the mods and move them. That is the point in the first place. Not being able to have a single look is only a very minor issue.

no....you get the gear, take the mods out and the enhancements out and put them in a critted orange piece which has an augment slot

BOOM best in slot level 10 robe.

you don't think thats flawed?

You think the level 10 robe should be superior to the war hero gear you grinded for...give me a break.

no....you get the gear, take the mods out and the enhancements out and put them in a critted orange piece which has an augment slot

BOOM best in slot level 10 robe.

you don't think thats flawed?

You think the level 10 robe should be superior to the war hero gear you grinded for...give me a break.

You grinded for the cosmetic. That's the whole reason that orange armor is capable of being BIS as opposed to the system we have now.

The point of getting the normal war hero gear would be to strip the mods. The only difference between normal warhero and ranked warhero is the cosmetic, since their stats are the same.

If you can't wear the cosmetic because you'll be gimping yourself, then your reward for getting ranked warhero gear isn't really a reward at all.

You grinded for the cosmetic. That's the whole reason that orange armor is capable of being BIS as opposed to the system we have now.

Yes but they're limiting customization to orange crits for BiS. So by allowing customization they've in reality drastically limited customization. This whole system is so counter intuitive it's mind boggling.

Wait so hold on...

You are grinding to war hero gear simply because its cosmetic and not the best in slot pvp gear (who knows if it will be, there might be a pve/pvp combo) but lets say its the BIS pvp gear.

You like the way it looks, its tight, it makes you look big, which is a reason people play mmos, they think their char looks cool.

But you are also a min/maxer who likes to get the best out of his equipment to have the best stats.

So you are going to take away all the mods from the "best pvp gear in the game" and put them in the oranges simply because they have access to an augment and your pvp gear does not.

So the gear you grind for "cosmetic" reasons...has absolutely no purpose at all, you can't even wear it to show people what you earned...because its in the bank.

I realize people are like you should pvp for fun, but to some people it is still a competition. If you are capable of grinding the "cosmetic" ranked pvp warzone match, it should be best in slot pvp gear.

Not the baby orange gear.

Am I wrong on this? Why do I feel like im crazy...

Speak for yourself, maybe that's why YOU grinded. Obviously from this thread others disagree.

Speak for yourself, maybe that's why YOU grinded. Obviously from this thread others disagree.

The whole should Rated gear be better than unrated gear is a discussion I feel like is best served with another thread. Regardless of how you feel about that, I think it is pretty easy to agree that at least the cosmetic should be wearable as a best in slot piece.

The concept of ranked warhero gear as a reward for high rankings is a flawed system. The reason it's flawed is because the reward is only cosmetic and as far as I know won't have an augment slot.

You know, if it was the other way around you'd have hordes of people complaining about the exact opposite. Saying that it should be cosmetic only.

Damned if you do, and Damned if you dont.

You know, if it was the other way around you'd have hordes of people complaining about the exact opposite. Saying that it should be cosmetic only.

Or they can just give it an augment slot and everything would be exactly even.

If you want the cosmetic gear from rateds to show off, you can do that

If you can earn the cosmetic gear, you can wear your crit craft orange gear and be exactly the same.

The only difference is the cosmetic gear player from rateds is better but at no statistical advantage.

If they added the augment to only the rated warhero gear then you get to wear your cosmetic reward, and it's BiS (just like every other crafted orange).

I don't see why anyone would complain about that. Rated warhero gear would be even with the other gear, just like what everyone wanted.

This.

The armor itself is the reward. Kind of like some of the flashy speeders you can loot from hard modes. They're the same as other speeders, just with a different paint job. At some point, kids, the progression has to end. Your bus stops here.

This.

The armor itself is the reward. Kind of like some of the flashy speeders you can loot from hard modes. They're the same as other speeders, just with a different paint job. At some point, kids, the progression has to end. Your bus stops here.

Except it would be like if they rewarded you with a speeder that goes slower than all the other speeders.

The reward is the item, sure, but if you can't use the item then what is the point? At the very least it's poor design.

Except it would be like if they rewarded you with a speeder that goes slower than all the other speeders.

The reward is the item, sure, but if you can't use the item then what is the point? At the very least it's poor design.

I don't see how people don't understand what you and I have tried explaining to them. Is it just going over their heads?