Is anyone happy with the pvp changes

Talizzar

A huge list of fixes, mostly minor and a whole bunch of class changes.

PTS forums are full of nerf QQ.

Is anyone really happy with the changes?

It doesn't appear that they fixed the animation with the pub toons at all. I saw mention of fixing timing issues for imp classes.

More WZ's to me does not fix the pvp and more same faction pvp just makes it worse for the pubs.

Nothing earth shattering in the patch notes to me.

It doesn't appear that they fixed the animation with the pub toons at all. I saw mention of fixing timing issues for imp classes.

More WZ's to me does not fix the pvp and more same faction pvp just makes it worse for the pubs.

Seriously... people are maaaad when they make changes to their beloved class. That's so pathetic.

How dare Bioware changes their game !?

A couple major intros

1. rated wz, new tier gear

2. crafting improvements

3. class balance

I'm happy about everything they've done, but it is a lot of big changes.

A couple major intros

1. rated wz, new tier gear

2. crafting improvements

3. class balance

I'm happy about everything they've done, but it is a lot of big changes.

of course you are happy, you play an assassin.

Class balance? They changed a ton of things. We will not know for a month if those changes were for better or worse. I am concerned they tried to do too much.

I think many of us thought the balance was fairly good with a few, few, few , few tweaks needed and it appears they took the wrecking ball out in a number of cases.

Warzones are pvp mini games. One more is no big deal. I don't know how people can play them all day long everyday and not be bored to tears.

Ranked....For the scoreboard watchers which are many to gauge their epeen. It is not about skill it is about ego.

I just don't see much to get excited about.

Class balance? They changed a ton of things. We will not know for a month if those changes were for better or worse. I am concerned they tried to do too much.

I think many of us thought the balance was fairly good with a few, few, few , few tweaks needed and it appears they took the wrecking ball out in a number of cases.

Warzones are pvp mini games. One more is no big deal. I don't know how people can play them all day long everyday and not be bored to tears.

Ranked....For the scoreboard watchers which are many to gauge their epeen. It is not about skill it is about ego.

Some would be worried if they didn't try enough. You present only one side of an argument.

There are those who appreciate the changes and the attention the Devs have been giving this game. I hopped over to this game from DCUO where in a full year they have yet to update the game to anything worth a damn.

I love pvp. I will enjoy the ranked pvp. To me it's an additional feature.

I'm on the other side of the argument and welcome the changes. I enjoy 1.2 on the PTS. I think people will like the changes so far.

Edited by Draeb

Some would be worried if they didn't try enough. You present only one side of an argument.

There are those who appreciate the changes and the attention the Devs have been giving this game. I hopped over to this game from DCUO where in a full year they have yet to update the game to anything worth a damn.

I love pvp. I will enjoy the ranked pvp. To me it's an additional feature.

I'm on the other side of the argument and welcome the changes. I enjoy 1.2 on the PTS. I think people will like the changes so far.

Devs seem to be so detached from the game that its amazing.

When I look at the changes from the perspectives of my Sniper and my Sawbones Scoundrel, I am quite happy. When I look at the changes from the perspective of my Combat Medic Commando, I am somewhere between enraged and confused.

wait, you need to wait and see if the Ops changes are better or worse? really? after 5 patches of nerfs you need more time? do you need more time to see the effects of nerfing every singel mainattack the concealment ops has? really?

well, dont mean to be harsh, i guess you dont play the class, but you are right, people are overreacting. they can do what calm people do when they had enough, just quit playing :)

Devs seem to be so detached from the game that its amazing.

They have to justify their jobs. If they made something balanced, we wouldn't need 'em anymore. Brake something already slightly broken and ya have a job for years trying to fix it.

(waiting for incoming forum warning)

Edited by Scav

People asked for changes there you go! You got them!

Stop crying for everything... Come on... Thats so childish...

The only thing I dont like in the PvP is the new gear... I know Bioware could do better than that... EA can you please stop pushing them?

Edited by -Kelerak-

I think the changes are great and good for the game.

People get bored if things don't change, and it seems like they have slightly nerfed some of the most popular classes so that might force some re-rolls to some of the under utilized advanced class.

depends.

im not happy with the corruption nerfs. our force pool could be burned through rather quickly as it is if you got into trouble and had to drop big heals quickly, post patch you wont even be able to do that

im not sure about the arsenal nerfs or if they are all even nerfs. its obvious our defense and utility took a hit (we didnt have any anyways so i guess BW said **** it) but im not sure if more unload procs will make up for the less usage of HSM + RS due to the slower buff stacking. i hear the TM nerf is almost unnoticeable and if thats the case then we get a damage buff, if it is noticeable and unload doesnt make up for the lost damage from TM + HSM + RS then we just became the worst class in the game, time will tell

im rolling a mara because they are apparently the teachers pet now. if BW wants to nerf every class and buff only one (that is faceroll already) then we can have a fun time playing "melee wars: lightsabers of the old republic" and BW can focus on balancing only two classes and deleting the rest

Edited by Cegenaus

People get bored if things don't change, and it seems like they have slightly nerfed some of the most popular classes so that might force some re-rolls to some of the under utilized advanced class.

You mean class like IA/Smuggler?

Edited by GrandMike

I'm very happy with the juggernaut changes - put things in just the right place for my hybrid to increase damage, retain utility with a few minor but desired survivability tweaks.

They say they want people playing tanks like tanks, the sorc nerf is a good start but they would have got even better results if they cut the defensive cd's in half.

First of all--it wasn't really a "slight nerf" in some cases. I'll take just ONE example- why touch a hybrid spec, which people used because the 31 point trees really weren't very good- IF you don't improve those 31 point skills?

"Forcing re-rolls" not only insults people, because it assumes that they selected that class because it was "OP" or "FOTM" but it also assumes that they will choose another class on a whim, when they may have made a major investment in that class, or in a raiding group.

For example- in the case of sorc/sage- its really the only caster class- that's the reason a lot of people selected it- what would they re-roll to ? especially if they happen to want to heal.

According to the patch notes, they fixed Dirty Kick and Mortar Volley, which were the two most broken animations. Somebody also posted that they added a delay to Explosive Probe (without mentioning it in the patch notes), which was also badly broken (in a way that made it much better than the Republic equivalent).

Of the animation issues that I'm aware of, the only significant one that didn't get fixed/changed was Project (which is the one that garnered the most complaints, oddly).

Edited by Dzhokhar

wait, you need to wait and see if the Ops changes are better or worse? really? after 5 patches of nerfs you need more time? do you need more time to see the effects of nerfing every singel mainattack the concealment ops has? really?

well, dont mean to be harsh, i guess you dont play the class, but you are right, people are overreacting. they can do what calm people do when they had enough, just quit playing :)

Nearly all the classes were changed. Even subtle changes can have an undesired effect. I am not debating one class over the others.

Sounds like more people are upset over happy though.

What I don't like is there is very little if any explanation on why certain changes were made and what they expect to see from the changes.

I was extremely happy as I was reading about the PvP, Crew Skills, and Legacy changes. Then I read the Class changes aannndd I became all giddy like a little school girl.

Why? Because I have 3 Characters right now... Assassin- wasn't touched, Merc Pyrotech- was barely touched, but in a good way, JK Sentinel- pretty much buffed.

So I am still extremely happy!

The fact that there isn't a page dedicated to Shadows/Assassin tells me that we're balanced pretty darn close to where BW wants us to be. So far there isn't a major change that I'm unhappy with. Others who are pissed are just whiners that refuse to adapt.

Not at all happy/impressed by the upcoming PvP changes, mainly because they aren't impressive. They aren't impressive because, once again, the implementation looks half-hearted.

Rated WZs are an awesome idea. Unfortunately, they will be Rated PUGs since you can't bring in your own Ops and are stuck with just a 4-man premade.

I like the idea that the new set of PvP gear is mainly cosmetic. However, because there are no Augment Slots in the gear, nobody will be wearing it.

We are getting a new WZ. That's pretty cool. Unfortunately, all the other WZs will support Faction v Faction (except Alderaan initially) so everyone will be rerolling and playing Imp after 1.2. Goodbye Star Wars. Enter Imp Wars.

All PvP emphasis will be on Instanced PvP. Not real thrilled about that. Happy to be getting a new WZ. However, the other three are played out and tired at this point. The new faction changes in WZs pretty much guarantees that the population gulf between factions will increase. So not only did OPvP not get any love in 1.2, it's pretty much being buried six feet under for now and the forseeable future.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but each change in 1.2 appears to be another case of one step forward, two steps back. Whether 1.2 is a success will determine whether I resub or not, and the future is looking fairly grim to me. Since I will be rerolling an Imp though, my attitude may change.

Seriously... people are maaaad when they make changes to their beloved class. That's so pathetic.

How dare Bioware changes their game !?

I'm and Arsenal Merc. I love the changes that will be happening to my spec. Furthermore I am looking forward to hearing the new QQ about how the big bad Arsenal Merc stood in one place and killed people.

Until people realize we need to hard cast a sh*tton of abilities, then and only then can the QQ be more directed to, "Why not give them some mobility so they have to move to do damage". lol