The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So the point of rated WZ gear is...

Xinika

set bonuses are tied to the armoring segment. they are transferable, but only to gear of the same slot type

I thought it was the slot not the Armoring itself. I'll test tonight on an old piece of champ gear and throw everything into a orange piece of gear.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...for looks? Seems like a waste of time.

Edit: Have fun wearing your ranked WH gear because it makes you look better than other players. I will be wearing those nifty, nifty liddle level 10 oranges with augment slots.:):):)

Isn't that the point of rated warzones? Get a better rank than your opponents because it makes you feel better?

Seems fine to me.

If you're only in it for the stats on gear, you have no reason to do rated. Simple as that.

Rated warzones are for people who like to PvP and want to play competitively.

You are exactly correct. This will seperate the gear wh@#%$ from the real competitors. They can stand around fleet complaining how there is nothing to do and PVP is dead without massive statistical bonuses and reroll whatever FOTM they are into. We can continue to que up, get better competition and look cool all at the same time.

You are exactly correct. This will seperate the gear wh@#%$ from the real competitors. They can stand around fleet complaining how there is nothing to do and PVP is dead without massive statistical bonuses and reroll whatever FOTM they are into. We can continue to que up, get better competition and look cool all at the same time.

Good for you. The rest of us will be replacing this game with Diablo 3 and GW2, and this game will ''die'' sooner rather than later. And by die I mean the only ones playing it will be casual goons. But I guess thats alright, take this game, ruin it, but please keep playing it for centuries to come, cause I'd rather have my future games free of casual QQ'ers who never stop complaining about others getting benefits for investing more time.

No effort = reward.

Effort = same reward.

= boring goodbye.

I thought it was the slot not the Armoring itself. I'll test tonight on an old piece of champ gear and throw everything into a orange piece of gear.

Set bonuses are tied to the armoring slot--but I believe it's bugged atm on Test.2

Of course it's a waste of time, that's the point. It's another treadmill for players to jump on so they don't cancel. The entirety of the endgame is one big timesink. If they don't give you a list of chores to do they think you'll quit so they absolutely mean to waste your time.

There was a time when finishing a character in an MMO was a possibility. At which point you'd go off and enjoy the endgame (usually open pvp all night every night). Games today aren't like that. They lead us around by the nose until we can't stand it anymore and finally quit paying them to waste our time for us. I really do miss games and developers who were confident in the worlds they created and were happy to let us run around doing our on thing without falling behind the gear curve.

QFT

This makes me nostalgic for SWG :(

This a tiresome discussion. Casual players get what they want in the end.

I disagree, you are not getting what you want. From a purist PVP standpoint, we consider you the casual player. If there is no clear advantage to participating, you won't participate. We will still continue to que up for competition. Hate to break it to you, but that makes you the casual player...

Set bonuses are tied to the armoring slot--but I believe it's bugged atm on Test.2

BW has specifically stated it will be tied to the armoring mod, not the slot. Maybe I just misunderstand you, but yes you will be able to transfer the set bonus to another price of gear.

Unless they change their.minds.

Why dont they just remove all the gear and let everyone play naked? People want to achieve something, people that invest more time want better rewards, thats just human nature. If i do more work than you then i will be able to buy a better car, drive faster etc.

Bioware just hands out the same Ferraris to everyone, be it afking scrubs or hardcore PvPers.

That proposition works alright in PvE but it breaks PvP. Competitive PvP requires that all factors aside from player skill be marginalized. Keep in mind that I did not say removed, I said - marginalized.

To use Warcraft 3 or Starcraft II as an example again - would you want to play against another player that had a permanent "build everything twice as fast because they've been playing a long time" ability? Awarding more powerful gear for higher positions on the ELO ladder is the same principle.

That is one of the major reasons why WoW's Arena failed in later seasons.

Edited by Raeln

...So I'm about to tryhard ranked wzs to satisfy my ego? Um...

In your case no because you don't seem to understand pvp and your ego would just be crushed.

Anyone who asks why ranked warzones with no stat increases is a pver hiding in pvp.

The point is obvious and clear, to win.

I prefer competitive play with a beneficial reward system. (See: WoW and Arena with Gladiator mounts/ 2200+ rated weapons.) I can care less for showing my different coloured geared because it makes me *look* better.

Well there you go... Ranked warzones provide competive gameplay where you play people on your level. I still can't take anyone seriously talking about pvp when they don't instinctively want win first and foremost. That is not something you learn or acquire.

I think it is great, no incentive will keep the riff-raff out.

Here is who won't do rateds:

That guy who leaves after the other team scores once in huttball.

Medal farmers.

People not interested in guarding nodes.

People expecting to get carried.

AFKers.

Here is who will:

Full teams of 8 who want to face other teams of 8.

People who enjoy competitive PvP.

People who go after prestige items.

If you're not satisfied with the size/deliciousness of the carrot on the end of the stick you should reassess your motivations for playing. If the only reason you PvP is for gear which is pretty much just for more PvP why do you PvP? MMO loot isn't sex, there is no climax so you better enjoy the chase or you're gonna be a cranky nerd with blueballs like most of the people in this thread.

That is why afkers don't bother me much in pvp except the ruin individual warzones. Bad players getting gear who don't ever pvp are not magically going to be below the bottom of the barrel.

But the changes will limit their rewards to almost nothing.

It is pretty clear the op is trolling all this about crafted gear. They will fix it and until then you can get the gear and move the mods.

His complaint is absurd. He asks why he should pvp just for looks and then cries he can't look the way he wants because of crafted gear. He is just trolling.

The mods and enhancements are the rewards, the shells are designed so you can wear what you want. That is the whole point. If there is a time where people wear crafted gear because of augment slots who cares. The op said he doesn't care about looks.

These are non problems. The op says I don't card about looks but how come I can't look the way I want. He needs a thwack to to the ear.

Why are PvE players trying to ruin PvP with this "play for progression" nonsense?

I think it is because most pvers have no real end game because most people find raiding boring. We see more and more pvers coming over to controlled pvp as their endgame.

While I am glad to see more people learning the superior enjoyment you get in pvp over pve I can do without the calls to turn pvp into pve.

Gear progression exists in end game pve because players would stop after they did all encounters once or twice. Pvp provides a unique experience every time. It does need to bribe players to participate.

Edit: Have fun wearing your ranked WH gear because it makes you look better than other players. I will be wearing those nifty, nifty liddle level 10 oranges with augment slots.:):):)

Seeing as how they're buffing expertise, I think I'll stick with the pvp gear.

when sometime ago lots ppl made threads that pvp gearing is easy ...hundreds of ppl flamed them and called them grinders and no lifers.

casual players made clear that they want pvp gear to be easy for all.

what u guys expect now?

next time ppl flames others cause they are undergeared or they have less time to ger up ,they should concider thats easy mode games comes to this point.to become a *********** joke.

enjoy what casual players demanded now..tbh i enjoy it.its like a sweet revenge cause i made a thread 2 months before saying that new systems makes gearing up a joke.many ppl flamed me.now its time to enjoy all the retardation i see from time to time at all games in forums.

Seeing as how they're buffing expertise, I think I'll stick with the pvp gear.

Step 1: Get pvp gear

Step 2: Buy crit crafted oranges

Step 3: Take out pvp gear mods/armor/stuff

Step 4: Put in orange crit crafted gear

Step 5: Add augment stat of your choice to orange gear

Waaa-la. Now my orange gear is better for pvp than your pvp gear.

Step 1: Get pvp gear

Step 2: Buy crit crafted oranges

Step 3: Take out pvp gear mods/armor/stuff

Step 4: Put in orange crit crafted gear

Step 5: Add augment stat of your choice to orange gear

Waaa-la. Now my orange gear is better for pvp than your pvp gear.

Unless they're making it so you can move the expertise over as well, which currently you can't, I'll still stick with the pvp gear.