Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Worst advanced class post patch 1.2?

theoleon

Sniper/gunslingers are still the underdogs.

31 madness sorc is still top ranged dps if you have a couple of firing braincells.

Commando dps is more or less the same with less tracer and more unload.

PT and Operative got mostly screwed, so did healers.

Assassin is more or less the same.

Warriors were mostly buffed.

That about sums it up.

Edited by Krytycal

If the category is worse PVP class...

The Ars Merc wins hands down..

the reduction in survivability with longer knockback times and damage mitigation coupled with less TM damage and 4 sec cast time on the new damaging ability (unload) will make for easier interrupts and more deaths.

At least Sorcs call still heal and pull in huttball, which is very powerful.

the reduction in survivability with longer knockback times and damage mitigation coupled with less TM damage and 4 sec cast time on the new damaging ability (unload) will make for easier interrupts and more deaths.

Pulls? Pulls were easily countered by counter pulls or knockbacks. But no worries, w/ sorcs gone from WZs, there won't be any defensive pulling.

Not quite.

Unload is actually superior to tracer if you're getting interrupted. If someone interrupts your tracer, you do 0% damage. If someone interrupts your Unload, you can do anywhere from 25-50% damage (1-2k) depending on how quick your opponent is as the first Unload ticks happen instantly.

Also, Unload can be talented to have a -50% speed debuff, which helps when someone is trying to close up on you. Good mercs were already using Unload, they are simply adding incentives so bad mercs use it too.

Edited by Krytycal

how are snipers and gunslingers crap? ive seen couple premades with 2 of them and they focus fire and drop people instantly.

They are not crap, just simply harder to excel at than the other classes.

Also, any two good DPSers on a premade focusing targets are going to drop people instantly.

how are snipers and gunslingers crap? ive seen couple premades with 2 of them and they focus fire and drop people instantly.

Vulnerable to LoS and mobility. There are good for getting up on the rafters and helping to control middle but that's about it.

There are other DPS classes that melt people when two of them are working together that don't have LoS, mobility, or utility problems.

Edited by Raggok

I have played against good and bad pvp-players and taking away the skills, gear, class and all other i can really say that som OP are awsome and all classes are really functional depending on player!

Lets face the fact in wz it´s several facts that will keep us from picking out the best or most nerfed class.

1. The primery goal is to win, not kick as in duells

2. Not that often you will be in a singel fight if your goal is to win.

3. If not streetsmart you will die all the time

So if we take away the fact that almost all classes in their forum seems to think that 1.2 is a nerf to there way of playing, it´s more of a "who can QQ the most contest". Soon the BioWare inside numbers will come out and then we can judge!

Only my opinion

every healer will be overpowered.

Have you seen the freakin expertise changes

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=364314

Every player will now go full Battlemaster instead of a rakata mix. I expect the healing percentages go up at least 5 % due to the expertise increase.

Worst class would still be a sniper due to the warzone designs. The class is really on par with other classes if they can sit in one place, and the enemies come right in front of it.

Edited by beyou

Not only did cull get nerfed, but snipers lost 3% crit as well. I gotta say sniper is still the worst ac. A sniper has to perform perfectly to do well, where other backpedaling classes just faceroll the keyboard.

The thing that pisses me off the most about sniper is that we have the same range as a guy who duelweilds pistols, what the ****.

Sniper and gunslinger still the underdogs for sure.

If you want challenge than they are they way to go.

I play a gunslinger. It's a great class when supported, and played smartly. 1v1 fights are pretty much a done deal though. I really enjoy my gunslinger all being said.

Not only did cull get nerfed, but snipers lost 3% crit as well. I gotta say sniper is still the worst ac. A sniper has to perform perfectly to do well, where other backpedaling classes just faceroll the keyboard.

The thing that pisses me off the most about sniper is that we have the same range as a guy who duelweilds pistols, what the ****.

Trust me, I have long wondered why my 2 pistols have the same effective range as a sniper rifle...

Edited by bsmolke

If youre the type of player to take a long distance range class with a cover mechanic, and high dps, and sit them down smack dab in the center of the concentrated fire zone, then yes you will think gunslinger/sniper is the worst class. If however you actually hang back, find smart places to cover down at and periodically move around to readjust all the while smashing faces, then sir you will enjoy a nice class.

If youre the type of player to take a long distance range class with a cover mechanic, and high dps, and sit them down smack dab in the center of the concentrated fire zone, then yes you will think gunslinger/sniper is the worst class. If however you actually hang back, find smart places to cover down at and periodically move around to readjust all the while smashing faces, then sir you will enjoy a nice class.

So your the guy in huttball who just camps mid and does pretty much nothing for the team?

So your the guy in huttball who just camps mid and does pretty much nothing for the team?

Not even sure where you got this from, but as a dps class, your job is to DPS. On my sent I make it my job to attack enemy healers, thats what the class is designed to do, if healers can heal the ball carrier then my teammates can drop said ball carrier. When it switches to us carrying the ball I attack the people attacking our healers. I could spec to run the ball nonstop but I choose not to play that way as I honestly hate huttball.

But I do know as a gunslinger/sniper they are usually top damage and kills in almost every WZ I see them in, even with all their alleged issues.

As a sniper I can say I am quite happy with the patch. they addressed most of my concerns in some form or another

I much prefer being the underdog anyway.

EDIT: oh by the way, no we cant carry the huttball, but our ability to kill ball carriers is another matter. XD

Edited by Kalliadies

Not even sure where you got this from, but as a dps class, your job is to DPS. On my sent I make it my job to attack enemy healers, thats what the class is designed to do, if healers can heal the ball carrier then my teammates can drop said ball carrier. When it switches to us carrying the ball I attack the people attacking our healers. I could spec to run the ball nonstop but I choose not to play that way as I honestly hate huttball.

But I do know as a gunslinger/sniper they are usually top damage and kills in almost every WZ I see them in, even with all their alleged issues.

Honestly every time you see a sniper/gunslinger as top dps it is probably because of the AOE, especially if they spec lethality.

As a dps class your right, the job is to DPS, however in huttball the job is to kill the ball handler/healers and not sit in the middle. I would say about 50% of the time the ball is in one of the two pits where it is pretty much impossible to "hide in the rafters and snipe", the line of sight issues make it impossible.

You make it sound so easy to be in range/ in Line of sight, and just sit back and dps, when in reality that will never happen in a Battleground with smart people. I play a sniper, and I am 90% sure that you do not because you obviously have no idea how line of sight works.

as a gunslinger runnning sharpshooter(marksman?) i'm kind of excited about the changes. Burst volley might turn out to be an actual thing, and I'm fine with trading 3% crit for the trauma on flourish shot(shatter shot?).

the cull thing sucks though, but I think Dirty Fighting/Lethality is kind of a lame spec anyway. I like the burst/target switching capacity of SS/MM.

Edited by EhLiar

I always prefer being the underdog. From a PvP perspective, what is the consensus opinion of the worst advanced class and skill tree when 1.2 hits?

What about playing 1.2 first before discussing about this ? Nobody knows it since official 1.2 is not public only testing version. All we have is theorycrafting.

Edited by BobaFurz

Snipers are pretty damn good; I'd put them near the top in dps classes to take to a rated come 1.2. I'd say concealment operatives are the underdog going forward. The entire spec is based around ganking and jumping out of stealth with an exciting melee rotation. Now it's turned into a boring, slow rotation with less burst, and the hidden strike CD takes a huge part of the class away--deciding if vanish should be blown offensively or defensively. There was a choice before, now it's always a defensive skill.

Spec might be viable in PvE, but it's going to be completely outclassed by any other DPS spec come 1.2, and to boot, it's going to be flat out boring. All the "rogue excitement" seems to be gone.

Snipers are pretty damn good; I'd put them near the top in dps classes to take to a rated come 1.2. I'd say concealment operatives are the underdog going forward. The entire spec is based around ganking and jumping out of stealth with an exciting melee rotation. Now it's turned into a boring, slow rotation with less burst, and the hidden strike CD takes a huge part of the class away--deciding if vanish should be blown offensively or defensively. There was a choice before, now it's always a defensive skill.

Spec might be viable in PvE, but it's going to be completely outclassed by any other DPS spec come 1.2, and to boot, it's going to be flat out boring. All the "rogue excitement" seems to be gone.

You obviously havent read the patch notes for commandos/mercs...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.