Please don't remove the 'giggle'

FadeLei

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight from the donkey's mouth.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-april-6th-2012-game-update-1.2-special

PerfectDuke: Are you really removing the giggle/laugh for scoundrels when Upper Hand procs in Game Update 1.2? As a healer, having the audio cue is great for focusing on... well, healing. Especially if the proc comes off of my hot, slow-release medpac.

Austin: The change was intended to prevent sound fatigue when lots of these procs were going off in a small area (especially in operations). We are looking into ways of making this proc more visible going forward.

Bye Bye giggle.

God that giggle is annoying on the other end >,< makes u wanna smack that scoundrel real hard...

To everyone who complains about my giggle while I'm healing I tell them I will comply with their request and not use anything based on the proc that the giggle signifies. No Kolto Pack's, no Emergency Medpacs, and no pugnacity. I'll just keep the 2 hot's and use my big heal that costs 1/4th of my resources. After the 2nd or 3rd wipe it becomes apparent that my "giggle" informing me of my procs is no less important than a knight's "HEY!" or the commando's "cackle" telling them their skill has refreshed. If anything, it's more important for us to hear this sound as it effects the vast majority of our skills.

I want the giggle, it is great when healing.

Sadly it seems in the latest Q&A Bioware confirmed it is going.

Again, why do the other classes keep their verbal queues and we lose ours. Another amazing move forward...

Revert the change Bioware and keep the giggle.

Keep the laughter!

But seriously, wouldn't it be best for them to just make it so its only audible to the player controlling the smuggler, or put in an option for "mute smuggler laugh" like they have "show sith corruption". Unless they replace it with an equally good indicator that Upper Hand procced, this change really sucks.

LMAO Bioware,

So this thread was closed in the PTS Forums, which is for ALL PTS related issues, which this is as it is not live.

Keep the giggle, and stop breaking your own damn rules

you fail bioware forum mods

LMAO Bioware,

So this thread was closed in the PTS Forums, which is for ALL PTS related issues, which this is as it is not live.

Keep the giggle, and stop breaking your own damn rules

you fail bioware forum mods

Actually they're awesome. The fail is in your comprehension.

The PTS frums are closing. Some enterprising and clearly intelligent CM, rather than letting our plea disappear, has taken it upon themself to save it by moving it to safety among the permanent Scoundrel forums.

Good show I say, good show!

Instead of the giggle we now got some super annoying reload sound (ones troopers use i think) They seriously need to revert this **** because this sound is pissing me off already, And the giggle was fine, been using it since release and i never found it annoying.

Please bring it back!

I miss it already. If it really upsets people, make it so only I can hear it, or allow them to turn off sound effects they don't like.

It's as much a part of my smuggler as the cheesy grin and the creepy flirting!

Ok after dealing with the new proc sound for a bit i have deleted my scoundrel and will be boycotting healing both pvp and pve with my sorc and commando until the giggle is brought back. between taking the giggle away and turning corso in to bowdaar v 2.0 the class just isn't fun to play any more.

this is starting to feel like the old days in FFXI again. where the devs didn't give a damn about what the player wanted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.