The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

R.I.P Pyro Powertech.

Shogunjedi

Time to spec Advanced Prototype . I always wanted to spec AP for PVP but pyro was too amazing to pass up. Now i have my chance , and hopefully QQers will pick the next target and it wont be my class. I will continue to destroy idiots in PVP playing my next class , hopefully someday they will realised that its not the class , its them.

Bioware listening to qq, fixing stuff that aint broken and screwing up more and more with each patch , i will be playing till GW2 or even Tera wont come out , but when they do , i am going and not coming back , ive lost my faith in you .

Vanguard Saga of Heroes In Space .

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to spec Advanced Prototype . I always wanted to spec AP for PVP but pyro was too amazing to pass up. Now i have my chance , and hopefully QQers will pick the next target and it wont be my class. I will continue to destroy idiots in PVP playing my next class , hopefully someday they will realised that its not the class , its them.

Bioware listening to qq, fixing stuff that aint broken and screwing up more and more with each patch , i will be playing till GW2 or even Tera wont come out , but when they do , i am going and not coming back , ive lost my faith in you .

Vanguard Saga of Heroes In Space .

A) You are clearly terrible at reading patch notes

B) Less RNG is not a bad thing, especially with increased % on Flame Burst/Rocket Punch (We've all had a full 15 sec duration without railshot proc once)

C) Quell not costing heat makes it easier to take out casters.

D) AP is still terrible.

Edited by exphryl

Too much drama from the OP.

The only real nerf is to our survivability (which was already lacking). As all assault / pyro users are now forced into plasma cell. This also effectively kills hybrid specs like 21/2/18.

For the rest, our DPS will stay more or less the same, there will be less situations where you got really bad luck and could do jack ****, and less situations where you were blowing up people in seconds because you got 6 procs in a row.

Pyro Powertech was significantly buffed. Instead of getting lucky procs and killing someone in 8 seconds and sometimes getting zero procs and killing them in ~14 seconds, you will now kill everyone in 10 seconds all of the time.

pyro will actually be fine. yes we cant get back to back railshot procs anymore, but nor will we run into the situation as often where we get no procs for 15 seconds and we do crap for damage and are overheating for the next 10-20 seconds and are stuck with basic attack during that timeframe.

the only RIP is carolina parakeet, that spec got destroyed by 1.2

Pyro Powertech was significantly buffed. Instead of getting lucky procs and killing someone in 8 seconds and sometimes getting zero procs and killing them in ~14 seconds, you will now kill everyone in 10 seconds all of the time.

how are you going to kill someone in 14 seconds without railshot procs? first of all, we will be using an attack that hits for about half as much as railshot, AND we will be using more resources.

and no, pyro was not buff nor nerfed. we were redesigned. significantly less burst, better sustained.

It will not proc every 6 secs

It has increased chance to proc every 6 secs.

What was so bad About AP? Railshot every 15 sec.

Now with pyro its gonna be ( with best proc rate and gcd ) 2 Railshots every 15 sec.

Instead of that extra railshot u can now use last ability in AP tree ( forgot the name)

Its not as powerful but its elemental damage.

Rail shot is guaranteed crit as well as rocket punch.

AP looks almost on par after the nerf .

Prototype Particle Accelerator now requires Combustible Gas Cylinder to trigger. The chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly but cannot trigger more than once every 6 seconds.

Every 6 sec u spam Flameburst to proc railshot , with GCD its 7.5 sec .

And this is not guaranteed , it has higher chance of procing.

Charged Gauntlets now triggers from damage dealt such that the bleed caused by Retractable Blade can trigger the buff. It now has a visual effect.

Kolto Vents has been replaced by Hamstring, which causes Retractable Blade to slow the target by 30% for 6 seconds.

While AP getting a boost , Charged Gauntlets proc and useless kolto vents are being replaced with a much needed snare.

how are you going to kill someone in 14 seconds without railshot procs? first of all, we will be using an attack that hits for about half as much as railshot, AND we will be using more resources.

They aren't nerfing the damage of the abilities (least from the patch notes)

So you'll still get 5k Rail shots, 3k+ Rocket Punches, 5k+ TDs, 2k+ Flame Bursts, and a dot that can crit for 1k at times.

And again, with casters, our interrupt being free means more heat to kill them with.

Also, you can NOT compare rail shot damage from Pyro with AP. AP Lacks the crit bonus damage talents which STILL make it subpar to Pyro.

We will be more then fine still in PvP.

Edited by exphryl

They aren't nerfing the damage of the abilities (least from the patch notes)

So you'll still get 5k Rail shots, 3k+ Rocket Punches, 5k+ TDs, 2k+ Flame Bursts, and a dot that can crit for 1k at times.

And again, with casters, our interrupt being free means more heat to kill them with.

Also, you can NOT compare rail shot damage from Pyro with AP. AP Lacks the crit bonus damage talents which STILL make it subpar to Pyro.

We will be more then fine still in PvP.

There is no such thing as 5k Rail Shots and 5+K Td's . To do that u need to have full BM set with adrenals and trinket . This is an exception.

Didnt see anything about Quell costing no heat must have overlooked. Quell is not that important anyway .

AP lacks bonus damage for RS, but u will get Flameburst bonus damage its another ability we use all the time.

All in all AP will not rival Pyro u right about that, but playing Pyro after they spit on a Rail shot proc , nah i go AP or level my sniper/jugg.

There is no such thing as 5k Rail Shots and 5+K Td's . To do that u need to have full BM set with adrenals and trinket . This is an exception.

Didnt see anything about Quell costing no heat must have overlooked. Quell is not that important anyway .

AP lacks bonus damage for RS, but u will get Flameburst bonus damage its another ability we use all the time.

All in all AP will not rival Pyro u right about that, but playing Pyro after they spit on a Rail shot proc , nah i go AP or level my sniper/jugg.

I get the feeling any amount of education on a Pyro will not sink through your head at all...

An interrupt not important? I don't even.....

I think it can now be said with confidence that you are trolling and/or don't know how to play your class.

Sigh , this thread is becoming a Praise thread for Quell.

Please make your own thread and praise quell there , u problably havent met any good healers that can spit on a something with 10 m range , 4 sec duration and 8 second cd.

I picked most underplayed class , when i got to my 40ties , i noticed others rolling PTs , i showed them how great this class is . Now its becoming Fotm and they nerfing it .

Bad luck i have. Really.

That would be the scoundrel, who's getting hit way harder than your class in 1.2

Bounty hunters/Sorcs are one of the most played advanced classes in the game.

http://taugrim.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/swtor-class-distribution.png

Edited by therouterninja

That would be the scoundrel, who's getting hit way harder than your class in 1.2

Obviously off topic. But an easier to read image was create from that here:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/classdistribution6.jpg

Which as a whole, PT/VG is less played then Scoundrel/Operative :) Only by a mere fraction but still

Edited by exphryl

Yes lots and lots of mercenaries. Pt are rare. The only class i see even less then mine is my republican mirror .