What combo counters tank/healer?

Seravis

I keep running into healer + hybrid tank/dps combos that I have no idea how to beat with any combination of 2 other classes. This isn't a QQ post, but more of an honest question of what 2 classes should I be using to beat this combo?

They have quite a bit of CC, and due to guard mechanics the tank is immune to CC. I can't seem to separate the healer from guard due to all tanks having a gap closer. If I run 2 dps then the hybrid tank/dps kills one of us before we can kill the healer through guard and the CC. If I run healer + dps I almost always lose eventually due to not having guard on my healer when he gets hit by a coordinated burst.

So what 2 class combo counters healer + tank/dps? Every MMO I have ever played has some kind of counter to every combo so I am sure there is something I am missing.

What 2 classes would beat a trooper healer + vanguard tank/dps? It is almost impossible to kill them with 2 dps due to high armor and uninterruptable heals. At least not before the vanguard kills someone.

Edited by Seravis

I keep running into healer + hybrid tank/dps combos that I have no idea how to beat with any combination of 2 other classes. This isn't a QQ post, but more of an honest question of what 2 classes should I be using to beat this combo?

They have quite a bit of CC, and due to guard mechanics the tank is immune to CC. I can't seem to separate the healer from guard due to all tanks having a gap closer. If I run 2 dps then the hybrid tank/dps kills one of us before we can kill the healer through guard and the CC. If I run healer + dps I almost always lose eventually due to not having guard on my healer when he gets hit by a coordinated burst.

So what 2 class combo counters healer + tank/dps? Every MMO I have ever played has some kind of counter to every combo so I am sure there is something I am missing.

if you l2p and kill them both with skill,this is not WoW btw :rolleyes:

CC one, kill the other, /thread

Tank+DPS.

Attack the healer and rotate your CC'd / interrupts to keep him from healing. Only attack the tank when he taunts, but keep focus on the healer to interrupt/CC.

There is no way a tank + Healer is gonna do enough damage to you through guard that you wont have already killed the healer. You got to stop his casting tho, that does not mean just Interrupt then let him free cast till its off CD. I would use Hard CC's first, his resolve bar will fill but pure interrupt skills are not mitigated by resolve so once he is white barred you can still stop casts with pure interrupts. Between the two of you even when hes white barred you should be able to stop 2/3rds of his main heal (Main heal depends on the healer)

If the healer in question is a commando / BH .. thats the real kicker since they will let you white bar them then use thier shield to stop interrupts for 12s. BH / Commando healers you need to apply pressure to ASAP to force a shield use before they white bar, that way you can use hard counters insetad of interrupts to stop casts (Stuns / mezzs)

an inf spec shadow plus a real tank, not a fake tank in DPS gear, but a real one.

really, it more comes down to the players on each side. better players who work as a team will usually come out on top.

Tank+DPS.

Attack the healer and rotate your CC'd / interrupts to keep him from healing. Only attack the tank when he taunts, but keep focus on the healer to interrupt/CC.

There is no way a tank + Healer is gonna do enough damage to you through guard that you wont have already killed the healer. You got to stop his casting tho, that does not mean just Interrupt then let him free cast till its off CD. I would use Hard CC's first, his resolve bar will fill but pure interrupt skills are not mitigated by resolve so once he is white barred you can still stop casts with pure interrupts. Between the two of you even when hes white barred you should be able to stop 2/3rds of his main heal (Main heal depends on the healer)

If the healer in question is a commando / BH .. thats the real kicker since they will let you white bar them then use thier shield to stop interrupts for 12s. BH / Commando healers you need to apply pressure to ASAP to force a shield use before they white bar, that way you can use hard counters insetad of interrupts to stop casts (Stuns / mezzs)

why is it so important to make him use his shield before he white bars ?

why is it so important to make him use his shield before he white bars ?

His shield gives him 12s 25% damage reduction but also makes him immune to interrupts for those 12s. If you have white barred him and he uses his shield you have no way of stopping his heals. (Since hes white barred - full resolve - hes immune to all stuns / knockbacks etc) Forcing him to use the shield before the white bar (ie burst DPSing him) will mean that during the 12s you can use hard CC's - Stuns / mezzs to stop the heals.

Hence, with other healers you use interrupts / hard CC's with your cooldown refreshes in mind, with commando / merc healers you always want to use interrupts while his shield is down and try to save your hard CC's for when his shield is up (assuming you have not white barred him)

Remember Interrupts are not stopped by resolve, other hard stops (Hard CC) are effected by resolve. So in the case of healers assessing what type of healer you facing and how to get around thier defenses is important.

Its my opinion that many people here dont know how the different healers work and do silly things like white bar commandos then ***** because they shield and free cast without possibility of interrupt for 12s ....

Edited by Demarcc

remember when facing a dps healer combo that hard switching is going to be key, by that i mean doing enough damage to keep the healer super busy on one target and interrupting him on occasion making him panic and then you both switch to the other target and burst on him at the same time, the healer wont have shield/ other stuff up if you're quick about it most likely and you should be able to kill one and then move to the other.

His shield gives him 12s 25% damage reduction but also makes him immune to interrupts for those 12s. If you have white barred him and he uses his shield you have no way of stopping his heals. (Since hes white barred - full resolve - hes immune to all stuns / knockbacks etc) Forcing him to use the shield before the white bar (ie burst DPSing him) will mean that during the 12s you can use hard CC's - Stuns / mezzs to stop the heals.

Hence, with other healers you use interrupts / hard CC's with your cooldown refreshes in mind, with commando / merc healers you always want to use interrupts while his shield is down and try to save your hard CC's for when his shield is up (assuming you have not white barred him)

Remember Interrupts are not stopped by resolve, other hard stops (Hard CC) are effected by resolve. So in the case of healers assessing what type of healer you facing and how to get around thier defenses is important.

Its my opinion that many people here dont know how the different healers work and do silly things like white bar commandos then ***** because they shield and free cast without possibility of interrupt for 12s ....

The only healers that were making me work some of the time to kill them I simply didn't understand their defensive mechanics well enough, now thanks to you I do XD.

( didn't know about their shield making them uninteruptable) but seriously though most commando's don't even know how to use this mechanic only about 10% of healer commandos i've seen now in hindsight of course, where I'm like hmmm my interupt isn't working (why) (hmm) now I know it's the shield.

• 2 weeks later...
patch 1.2 is the counter to healers

This. There is a reason healers are getting such a hard nerf in 1.2. The shadow/assassin hybrid tank with a good sage/sorc or merc/commando healer is nearly impossible to kill providing the tank/heal are not completely retarded/

What combo counters tank/healer?

Mark and gang-bang the healer every time you see them. Make a point to look for them, send them to the respawn like a turnstile... over... and over. Have a group of elite geared Marauders/Sentinels on healer-killing-duty. Break them off of the main group, and everytime that healer leaves the respawn.. jump him.

That's what happens to me.

That's how you counter tank/healer.

Edited by TheGreatNeechi

I play a healer in warzones quite often. As a trooper, my heals are pretty obvious and it's pretty obvious they're coming from me. I get CC'd and interrupted alot, more often than I can break CC, so that's pretty much how you beat me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.