* White damage on Marksman tree makes it useless for pvp

* 31 points build suck due to the fact 31 point talents are bad

* Engineering/Sabotuer still bad trees

* Dirty Fighting/Lethality still dispellable

* Still useless appart from damage in PVP

* Nerf to Lethality Damage

No one sane would take GS/Sniper in Ranked WZ

Edited by il-jumper

You ought to be happy now that we've been nerfed into the ground. It's people like you that caused it.

Tell me ONE SKILL that does the following

Kinetic Damage

4k Damage Crits on BM Geared people

Refunds Energy on Crit

No Cooldown

Reduces Armor

Give me a break...

You think GS/Snipers are screwed? I know plenty of them, including myself doing fine with the class AS IT IS RIGHT NOW. And from what i take from the 1.2 notes i see almost only buffs too...

GS/Snipers are one of those classes that will benefit the most from these changes.

I play marksmen spec on GS and do just fine in warzones. I never hit top damage dealer, but the difference between 320000 and 300000 damage is just minutia. All we got was a buff. Not a very big buff mind you, but good enough for me.

Our survivability is still very low, but if you play like you are supposed to, line of sighting, staying well back, taking targets of opportunity, and making good use of your 3 defensive abilities, you will notice you can do much better than most if you have good healers on your team.

No class can perform as much consistent DPS as us, save sentinels and their sith equivalent, or be able to target quickly get the finishing blow on as many enemies as us. (Consistent DPS meaning the ability to start shooting and enemy and keep shooting an enemy until its dead without popping our energy cooldown. Especially when we have a good rotation) How many times have you seen a group of enemies all hovering at very low health running back to mommy (sorcs and sages) and able to quickly finish them off with quick draw, instant cast charge blast and trick shot maybe throwing in sabo charge to help out and get all of them before they take you to half?

On the topic of ranked pvp. Well if you are going in solo to ranked pvp, you are doing it wrong. Very very very wrong. An 8 man "kitchen sink" group of pugs will always lose to a well rounded team that plays smart and efficiently. And yes, Gunslingers will have their uses in those groups.

Edited by Lightning-count

The problem is that the Sniper/GS is like a Ford Pinto.

It gets u where u want to go, in a timely manner.

However, there are other better cars out there.

A Ferrari or Mustang, whatever that will also get u where u want to go, but do it in a much faster manner.

That's the problem with the Sniper/GS.

By itself, it is ok.

But when compared to other classes, there is no real need to bring a Sniper/GS when other dps classes can do a much better job.

If all you ever played competitively is a Sniper/GS, you might think they are fine.

But once u try out a Trooper/BH/Sor/Marauder etc, your Sniper/GS totally feels gimped.

In pvp, it is all relative.

Snipers/GS are relatively weak when compared to other dps classes.

That's what people are trying to tell you.

I play marksmen spec on GS and do just fine in warzones. I never hit top damage dealer, but the difference between 320000 and 300000 damage is just minutia. All we got was a buff. Not a very big buff mind you, but good enough for me.

Our survivability is still very low, but if you play like you are supposed to, line of sighting, staying well back, taking targets of opportunity, and making good use of your 3 defensive abilities, you will notice you can do much better than most if you have good healers on your team.

No class can perform as much consistent DPS as us, save sentinels and their sith equivalent, or be able to target quickly get the finishing blow on as many enemies as us. (Consistent DPS meaning the ability to start shooting and enemy and keep shooting an enemy until its dead without popping our energy cooldown. Especially when we have a good rotation) How many times have you seen a group of enemies all hovering at very low health running back to mommy (sorcs and sages) and able to quickly finish them off with quick draw, instant cast charge blast and trick shot maybe throwing in sabo charge to help out and get all of them before they take you to half?

On the topic of ranked pvp. Well if you are going in solo to ranked pvp, you are doing it wrong. Very very very wrong. An 8 man "kitchen sink" group of pugs will always lose to a well rounded team that plays smart and efficiently. And yes, Gunslingers will have their uses in those groups.

Major L2P issue here.

1.2 not only provides some very nice buffs/fixes, but a lot more bad Marauders to slaughter.

I'm always top kills and damage as sniper, but I'm useless for objective with no survibility.

No one will take snipers/gs to rnaked wz

I'm always top kills and damage as sniper, but I'm useless for objective with no survibility.

No one will take snipers/gs to rnaked wz

That is cos you re running up with the wrong specc i guess. And even, you´re lucky cos mos of enemies have no clue about how killing you and dont know all your weakness. If they knew, your dps would be crappy too cos you were a dead man all the time.

And they are buffing DF dps due better energy management. Hemorraguing Blast with no energy cost is very nice and 5 energy less in wounding shots gives better rotation too = less autoshots = more dps.

Overall, we re getting buffs. And if Incendiary Bomb is good enough, i dontknow the maths yet, a Saboteur Build would be viable too. But with this changes, they are trying to kill hybrid speccs Sab/DF.

Edited by Nyaara

one sec what class have one cooldown that make you inmune to ALL cc for 20 second and have only one minute cd?

what class have 24 % mitigation more 30 % with covert = 54 % to the lvl of tanks?

what class have one stun with 30 sec cd?

what class have knowback more root?

what class have instant root for 6 second?

what class have one aoe mezz isntant ?

what class have one combo that can make you 5k-3k-4k?

hnnn sorry i think that all this have it the class that the OP claim as no survivality ?

learnt to play your class or lvl up other char because the sniper is the best class on pvp but thanks to ignorant people as you that dont know how play it we are going to 1.2 witouth nerfs

Edited by prochuvi

You can't expect to get everything. It sounds like some good changes/fixes have been made. I'll be interested to hear what people on PTS think.

Even though my GS is my favorite, if I'm BW I wouldn't do much more than this in one patch either because then they might have to take out the nerf bat.

We don't even know what all the changes to gear and stats really mean yet and a lot of other classes are being nerfed... There are a lot of variables at play... too many to take a negative view of the patch as far as GS/Sniper is concerned.

I will say it is a start to come out of this NOT nerfed.

I wouldn't say sniper/gunslinger was really buffed but fixing cover to work when rooted along with the other nerfs going around, and I will take the healing reduction and easier action regen and smile and say thank you.

Actually, looking over it I am happy with my sniper, but just a bit surprised on my bodyguard merc and darkness assassin for opposite reasons.

That is cos you re running up with the wrong specc i guess. And even, you´re lucky cos mos of enemies have no clue about how killing you and dont know all your weakness. If they knew, your dps would be crappy too cos you were a dead man all the time.

And they are buffing DF dps due better energy management. Hemorraguing Blast with no energy cost is very nice and 5 energy less in wounding shots gives better rotation too = less autoshots = more dps.

Overall, we re getting buffs. And if Incendiary Bomb is good enough, i dontknow the maths yet, a Saboteur Build would be viable too. But with this changes, they are trying to kill hybrid speccs Sab/DF.

As nice as the free weakening blast is, going full lethality is still worse than the 16/3/22 build in both energy management and damage. As a matter of fact, that build is still the king dps spec for snipers/gunslingers.

Edited by Tronzax