I knew 1.2 was going to kill this game.

Chaos_Distortion

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew 1.2 class balance changes were going to be the end of this game, it usually always is the beginning of the end when developers do massive class balance changes in one patch. I didn't know they were going to be this severe, Bioware managed to actually completely gut over half the classes in this game, seriously *** do you guys play your own game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

GW2 SUCKS!

I cant has my FOTM and my GEARZ! YUCK!

:D

Well I find it humorous that all the "hardcore" pvpers are whining about losing the gear grind advantage, blah blah blah and then say they're moving to GW2.....

Where gear will be normalized and not matter....

And yet the "casuals" they despise that are happy about swtor losing the gear grind advantage will be here.....

where gear will be normalized

and not matter.....

People are funny.

Edited by Vaipyr

Well I find it humorous that all the "hardcore" pvpers are whining about losing the gear grind advantage, blah blah blah and then say they're moving to GW2.....

And yet the "casuals" they despise that are happy about swtor losing the gear grind advantage will be here.....

and not matter.....

People are funny.

It is indeed funny

Actually, all classes still have the same potential if played correctly. They just made it so there is no "AI PREZZ ONE BUTTON ND PWN U NOBBZORS" anymore, EVERY class takes some brain now. I play a merc myself (not as my main, cmon flame me!) and I think the changes were justified. Now it actually makes sense to use unload.

People don't seem to understand, that range classes are RANGED, they have a natural advantage and are not supposed to do the same dmg as a melee class, that actually STICKS to an enemy. That's why there's so much knockbacks, etc in FPs and Raids. You gotta make use of it, if you play a ranged class. Just standing on a ledge, never moving and pressing two buttons is NOT what PvP should be about. Use your brain and Sorcs/Mercs will be as effective as before.

Only things they screwed is the Scoundrel/Op nerf and the overbuff of Marauders/Sents Rage/Focus tree. But it's on the PTS so you can expect some changes, bfor it goes live.

and not matter.....

People are funny.

Because first you grind valor for battlemaster for a two months, and next second it's just dust in the wind and a waste of time, 'coz valor is nothing now. Understand me, amigo?

Because first you grind valor for battlemaster for a two months, and next second it's just dust in the wind and a waste of time, 'coz valor is nothing now. Understand me, amigo?

Awww.... all that time playing a game is suddenly invalidated and a "waste".

wait, wut?

/tinyviolinforyou

All that time raiding NM's and then an expansion comes out and it's all just dust in the wind and a "waste of time". So harsh. Owait

Actually, all classes still have the same potential if played correctly. They just made it so there is no "AI PREZZ ONE BUTTON ND PWN U NOBBZORS" anymore, EVERY class takes some brain now. I play a merc myself (not as my main, cmon flame me!) and I think the changes were justified. Now it actually makes sense to use unload.

People don't seem to understand, that range classes are RANGED, they have a natural advantage and are not supposed to do the same dmg as a melee class, that actually STICKS to an enemy. That's why there's so much knockbacks, etc in FPs and Raids. You gotta make use of it, if you play a ranged class. Just standing on a ledge, never moving and pressing two buttons is NOT what PvP should be about. Use your brain and Sorcs/Mercs will be as effective as before.

Only things they screwed is the Scoundrel/Op nerf and the overbuff of Marauders/Sents Rage/Focus tree. But it's on the PTS so you can expect some changes, bfor it goes live.

Use YOUR brain, sorc/merc will be NO WHERE NEAR as effective as before. This game requires very minimal skill to play. There is no "derrrrr use ur brain and bettar strats" to overcome unnecessary nerfs. Not to mention, do you realize that mercs ARE rooted in place to obtain the best dps and heals rotations (and even post nerf this is true)? We don't stand in one place because we like being immobile. You have obviously never played one.

Awww.... all that time playing a game is suddenly invalidated and a "waste".

wait, wut?

/tinyviolinforyou

All that time raiding NM's and then an expansion comes out and it's all just dust in the wind and a "waste of time". So harsh. Owait

Can't get your sarcasm, though i think you can't get it yourself, so no big deal.

And yes, i don't like when i'm trying to put efforts in game for a two months, and suddenly it becomes just a waste of time, which i can spend to another storyline or another craft missions on my alt chars. If you fine with that, i'm not.

Use YOUR brain, sorc/merc will be NO WHERE NEAR as effective as before. This game requires very minimal skill to play. There is no "derrrrr use ur brain and bettar strats" to overcome unnecessary nerfs. Not to mention, do you realize that mercs ARE rooted in place to obtain the best dps and heals rotations (and even post nerf this is true)? We don't stand in one place because we like being immobile. You have obviously never played one.

cool story bro

Well i resubbed after I seen the 1.2 changes.

Imo its a step in a good direction for the game for those of us who want PVP not GVG. I will give you a hint about nerfs.... When the class you play feels underpowered and weak that pretty much means that its balanced, and its you that is fail not a weak class.

Edited by Razot

Yeah it's kind of hard to balance classes when you do have gear disparities. Their metrics might show an operative knocking someone down to 10% in seconds, but I'm curious if expertise/player stats are included in their formula. They should have leveled gear out, then looked at class balancing issues.

Oh, and separate pvp nerfs from pve entirely.

The changes won't kill the game but they will kill DPS Operatives/Scoundrels. Actually it's more like the nerfs will put them out of their misery. I doubt it will make much of a dent in subs considering they make up such a small percent of the population. I think the Merc/Commando nerfs will affect more subs, but both specs are still viable for PvE at least. Edited by CaptainInsano

All I see from 75% of the posters, if not more, in recent threads is that 1.2 will suck and kill the game. Nobody knows how the class changes are going to affect them. Let the patch come out, sit down, shut up and f'n play it for a while. Make changes to your spec if need be and re-learn your spec. Every MMO does this sort of thing so deal with it.

Looks like bioware is nerfing themselves with this patch.. You watch, many unsubs to come ... Great job ..

You mean just like all the republic players that left after the 1.1 disaster? RIP sorc/sage...u will NOT be missed

I love when people threaten to leave the game because they see their class as being nerfed. This went on for years in WoW and it still goes strong. The community as a whole doesn't care if a person threatens to leave.

QFT.....couldn't have said it better.

I feel warhammer dejavu

As Mythic kept nerfing Witch Elves and Witch Hunters again and again, even after they were more than fine, until the classes were gutted. This is Warhammer all over again, if you don't like stealth classes that much developers, don't put them in the freaking game. Make assassin/rogue classes use a shadow step instead to get to their targets like Guild Wars does; because Arena Net knows that stealth just being there is going to cause unnecessary calls for nerfs to said classes (Just because they can come up to you from stealth.). People just don't like stealth classes and will not stop crying until they are completely gutted into oblivion.

If they would only give Mercs a viable option of using more then "one button" for dps then we would have an answer. There is a rotation that good mercs use but mercs need way more interrupt / cc resist going forward. They're going to be unplayable until the fix the real issue behind mercs - poorly devised tree from the start.

Unfortunately Bioware decided to nerf first and fix later.

Oh while we're at it, let's buff a class that doesn't need buffed. lol

Yeah sentinels/marauders did not need to be buffed, they were perfectly fine. I don't understand the logic behind the majority of the class changes..

Well i resubbed after I seen the 1.2 changes.

Imo its a step in a good direction for the game for those of us who want PVP not GVG. I will give you a hint about nerfs.... When the class you play feels underpowered and weak that pretty much means that its balanced, and its you that is fail not a weak class.

Yeah because Operatives/Scoundrels that leveled to 50 which I have seen to be some of the best players in the game are bad because Bioware decides to nerf the class into oblivion, when they are some of the best players I have seen in the game. Yeah they are terrible and it can't be that the class is complete and utter ****, thanks to Bioware nerfing it over and over again.