Thanks for Killing Sage/Sorc

Doubtless

Our abilities weren't strong or overpowered, it was our ability to use them while being mobile that made us great. (not OP, but decent)

Now you have taken that away from us and now we are sitting target dummies for the melee class especially now that they are going to be doing 5k+ smashes and force sweeps.

Don't even get me started on the balance nerf.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you should state what is changing in order for us to know what your talking about. Last i checked sorc/sage were still op as hell.

They are referring to all the class changes coming in 1.2, but beyond that you got me...

People will always scream bloody murder when their class receives a perceived nerf only time will tell what the real implications the changes have but until then there are going to be countless people claiming the sky is falling.

They are referring to all the class changes coming in 1.2, but beyond that you got me...

People will always scream bloody murder when their class receives a perceived nerf only time will tell what the real implications the changes have but until then there are going to be countless people claiming the sky is falling.

^^^ This.

No matter what the change, people simply adapt.

No biggy.

Sorc allrdy had a hard time with kiting classes as you know, and we have THE worst class for 1v1, the only chance we had was to kite. Now they removed the ability to cast chain lightning off our free proc from FL. So basically, all the hybrid specs are nerfed from 1.2 and on. Now we can go full lightning, healer or madness. All the hybrid specs were centered around instant cast chain lightning. So now you cant get a kite spec with chain lightning proc.

This is a really big step towards death for sorcs. Unfortunetly I had hoped that they would fix our lightning tree before they killed an allrdy underpowered class, but they have felt nerfing some of our only viable options was the way to go.

For all of you that felt you couldnt kill sorc, well... From now on there will be alot less. So now you will see what its like to be killed by all the really OP classes. Lets guess what class that will be super whined about next. Maybe snipers will get nerfed.

Edited by Zilrota
removed rude

Our abilities weren't strong or overpowered, it was our ability to use them while being mobile that made us great. (not OP, but decent)

Now you have taken that away from us and now we are sitting target dummies for the melee class especially now that they are going to be doing 5k+ smashes and force sweeps.

Don't even get me started on the balance nerf.

The funny thing about MMOs? The people who play the slightly overpowered class think they're class is balanced and the ones who don't think they're overpowered. Just from I just said you can already tell my stance on the Sorc/sage issue.

Welcome to the club! While I don't think the nerfs will be as bad as you claim them to be, I welcome you to what Juggs have felt like for the past four months.

Praise the buffs!

^^^ This.

No matter what the change, people simply cry.

No biggy.

Fixed for you.

Anyway, toning down is needed for that ACs, one way or another, if it will reduce your combat effectiveness, which is over the top if you have a clue on what you do, then go for it.

Fixed for you.

Anyway, toning down is needed for that ACs, one way or another, if it will reduce your combat effectiveness, which is over the top if you have a clue on what you do, then go for it.

I guess you did not see the disgrace the sorc was in the 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 tournament. Something BW should actually have learned from. If you think sorcs are over the top in pvp, you really do sucks. After that tournament its a fact. They are horrible at alot of stuff. What makes them decent is huttball, THATS it.

First off, all those crying 'I'm rolling Mara/Sent', you're making yourself invalid by announcing yourself as a FOTM PvPer.

Even if it's true in a 1v1 situation Sorc/Sage isn't the best, that doesn't really matter because SWTOR PvP is all TEAM based. And on a team level the side with the most Sorc/Sages always won because of the healing and utility that they provided. You guys are a class that needed to be toned down and quite honestly, those who aren't willing to adapt I have to assume roled Sorc/Sage because they wanted to feel like a god, and not because they enjoyed the class.

And I call BS on Sorc/Sages being bad at 1v1s and terrible in other WZs... the people guarding the nodes in BoA are almost always that AC. And that's because your AC has insane healing abilities and without proper interrupts (That only interrupts THAT healing spell) you guys make damage not really mean anything.

I'm not claiming to know the extent at which you guys will be hit, and neither do you just by looking at patch notes. Save the QQing until you've atleast had a chance to play around with it.

First off, all those crying 'I'm rolling Mara/Sent', you're making yourself invalid by announcing yourself as a FOTM PvPer.

Even if it's true in a 1v1 situation Sorc/Sage isn't the best, that doesn't really matter because SWTOR PvP is all TEAM based. And on a team level the side with the most Sorc/Sages always won because of the healing and utility that they provided. You guys are a class that needed to be toned down and quite honestly, those who aren't willing to adapt I have to assume roled Sorc/Sage because they wanted to feel like a god, and not because they enjoyed the class.

And I call BS on Sorc/Sages being bad at 1v1s and terrible in other WZs... the people guarding the nodes in BoA are almost always that AC. And that's because your AC has insane healing abilities and without proper interrupts (That only interrupts THAT healing spell) you guys make damage not really mean anything.

I'm not claiming to know the extent at which you guys will be hit, and neither do you just by looking at patch notes. Save the QQing until you've atleast had a chance to play around with it.

Yawn.

You know why sorcs are guarding nodes?

Because their only use is to write "incoming" and leave serious fighting to OP classes that actually matter.

Im sorry for you being a baddie and couldnt interrupt THAT healing spell rofl

Edited by GrandMike

Yawn.

You know why sorcs are guarding nodes?

Because heir only use is to write "incoming" and leave serious fighting to OP classes that actually matter.

Im sorry for you being a baddie and cdoulnnt interrupt THAT healing spell rofl

Yawn

I always interrupt, the problem is that without schools of spells, the lockout is only on that spell and not all their healing spells. They just pick another spell and go on their merry healing way.

I'm sorry you can't adapt and play to your classes' strengths.

Edited by Norke

You're worried about a smash that takes 10 seconds to setup? I'd be more concerned with the PT who can spam 3.5k rail shots.

That got nerfed. Its no longer spammable, Unless they run the DPS ammo cell, which makes them have like 3k less armor. Which means they are easier to kill than gunnery commandos in that spec.

Yawn

I always interrupt, the problem is that without schools of spells, the lockout is only on that spell and not all their healing spells. They just pick another spell and go on their merry healing way.

I'm sorry you can't adapt and play to your classes strengths.

Its a problem to play class strenghts on a class thats doesnt have any rofl

ANd sorcs did adapt - they guarded nodes and wrote incoming and left fighting/healing to OP classes.

Don't ruin your credibility with 31/31/31 impossible spec nonsense. Insane healing abilities are not possible with the build this change is targetting.

Aside from whether Sorc/Sages are over or underpowered, the hybrid spec which allowed TK wave(and Sorc equivalent) to be spammed was broken. I've been using that spec and it's too much. Nerfs happen. It's good because it gives me an opportunity to consider different specs.

They fixed Force Bending once and for all, and actually gave a nice buff with the change to 60% crit.

Force Lightning spammers will have to cope with a different spec and pressing more than one button, just like Arsenal Mercs.

/signed happy corruption sorc