Bioware, great job on ruining Commandos

Kushtaka

So, you weaken Commando healing, weaken Gunnery but you buff one of the most overpowered classes in the game (Marauder and I'm sure Sentinel) along with I'm sure other classes. You did nothing to improve our PvP survivability, you just made it worse. Standing ovation, thank you for not listening at all.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you weaken Commando healing, weaken Gunnery but you buff one of the most overpowered classes in the game (Marauder and I'm sure Sentinel) along with I'm sure other classes. You did nothing to improve our PvP survivability, you just made it worse. Standing ovation, thank you for not listening at all.

I hear ya...scrappers are feeling it too...looks like rated will be knights and sage healer exclusive with a few shadows sprinkled in for placing bombs etc. Since I don't want to play either of the "favored" classes I'll just level my shadow and take the scraps.

My guildmate has been complaining about sentinels for so long, he actually rolled a commando to DPS in operations.

It's the infinite wheel of "my class is worse than the others"

I say wait for 1.2 and play a Healer commando in hard modes, see what gives then. I do understand our grav round damage is nerfed by 10% but Demo Round is buffed by 10% and we get to use Full Auto more often with Curtain of Fire proc rate being boosted to a much higher percentage.

The big change now is that people thinking they can just sit and spam Grav Round will have to use Demo Round and Full Auto when available or fail miserably in PVP/PVE damage output.

My guildmate has been complaining about sentinels for so long, he actually rolled a commando to DPS in operations.

It's the infinite wheel of "my class is worse than the others"

I say wait for 1.2 and play a Healer commando in hard modes, see what gives then. I do understand our grav round damage is nerfed by 10% but Demo Round is buffed by 10% and we get to use Full Auto more often with Curtain of Fire proc rate being boosted to a much higher percentage.

The big change now is that people thinking they can just sit and spam Grav Round will have to use Demo Round and Full Auto when available or fail miserably in PVP/PVE damage output.

Whats funny is the same knuckleheads that complained about getting to many dirt naps because of grav "spam" are still going to get owned.

This change does nothing to help them out but Gunnery is still just as gimp in the 50 bracket as it was before...I was hoping the "nerf" would change the tree enough to actually reward good PVP play but this change won't cause me to dust of my geared up Mando for rateds...I will have to stick with my alt and just use my main for crafting..I didn't care for CM but at least that felt usefull and now they are *********** that up too.

Edited by Zekeiele

If by "ruining" you mean "balanced", then I guess you got it right. Commandos/Mercs were loaded with too many +% healing bonuses, while having numerous abilities to load cells/vent heat, on top of damage reduction buffs.

You're insane if you don't think they were loaded with too much passive utility. Yeah, passive. Hitting Supercharge Cells/Gas is not hard, and its ready ridiculously fast.

Edited by PaintOnASign

If by "ruining" you mean "balanced", then I guess you got it right. Commandos/Mercs were loaded with too many +% healing bonuses, while having numerous abilities to load cells/vent heat, on top of damage reduction buffs.

You're insane if you don't think they were loaded with too much passive utility. Yeah, passive. Hitting Supercharge Cells/Gas is not hard, and its ready ridiculously fast.

And regardless of all this godly overpoweredness you speak of, a single marauder played with one hand by a lobotomized goat could shut down and kill even the best commandos (of any spec) around.

Thanks for being funny dude.

I for one do not rely on Grav Round (GR) for my only source of DPS, but as Gunnery, it's pretty much a staple of the build. In PvP, which is my main source of pleasure in this game thus far, any Commando that sits around and just spams GR is either not being focused or just doesnt know better. Grav Round and Tracer Missile were not game breaking, and I would not even care about these obviously terribly implemented nerfs if I did not see other nerfs to our our survivability, i.e.,

-Healing weakened...I'll allow the other thread to handle this one.

-Concussion Charge cooldown increased by 5 seconds by way of nerf to Tenacious Defense (stupid idea, guess the devs at Bioware while facerolling their Marauders couldn't get their e-z mode kill on a Commando one day so they just had to nerf one of our few forms of (not CC) but ways to escape.

-Charged Barrier now provides 1% damage reduction per stack, down from 2%...yes, because Commandos just live forever. So, you nerf the speed at which we can apply this buff, then you nerf the buff, really awesome.

These are obvious nerfs to our survivability but our survivability is also affected when you lower our damage output. And this is not about "oh all you want to do is spam GR/TM" because that is not the issue. If that was the issue, then I'd wager Sorcerers would have to be tarred and feathered for all the ridiculously childish lightning spam. Oh but hey, they got the sound fixed on that, but no nerf...but i digress.

Now, this cannot be about damage, because I see Sorcs/Sages and Sentinels/Marauders out damage Commandos all the time in WZ's. All the time. I'm talking about over 500k damage, that's alot of damage. Yet, Marauders were buffed? They have a ton of survivability and do great damage, now more buffs and we get the shaft.

Now some of you "optimists" might say "hey gloomy Gus, you got a 10% buff to Demo Round!!!!" And I'd say "is it still on a 15 second cooldown????" And, yay, Curtain of Fire might proc more, but, um, don't I have to stand still to use Full Auto....? So now, rather than having us think were "more dynamic" cuz were screwed out of the GR we now know, they're feeding us yet another "turret" option.

Oh, and I love this little nugget: Mortar Volley fixed, yay!!!! We're supposed to be happy about that and forget the nerfs to survivability and main attack damage.

What many of us wanted was some form of CC, an interrupt, fixed animations, etc. And we get this...oh, and I'm sure I am being a bit emotional here, I have played a few other characters in the game and settled on Commando, got to rank 63 and now I feel as though I'm going to be forced into quitting this game or playing a Sentinel/Marauder. If I have have misinterpreted these patchnotes, please feel free to tell me, it is late and I'm tired.

TLDR: this is BS.

And regardless of all this godly overpoweredness you speak of, a single marauder played with one hand by a lobotomized goat could shut down and kill even the best commandos (of any spec) around.

Thanks for being funny dude.

Actually, what's really funny is, that's what the Marauders/Sentinels/Juggernauts/Guardians say about Commandos/Mercs/Sorcs/Sages.

Edit: ^They did not lower our dmg output as Gunnery. You lose 10% from Grav Round and gained 10% in Demo Round and Full Auto procs. Unless all you did was spam Grav Round, your primary dmg abilities remain strong or got buffed.

Edited by Tenryou

Actually, what's really funny is, that's what the Marauders/Sentinels/Juggernauts/Guardians say about Commandos/Mercs/Sorcs/Sages.

Sorry, when I roll a Commando or Merc on my Shadow with ease, I am too busy convincing myself that I'm really really good at this game to worry about how easy it is for them to sit there and take it like I just traded them for a pack of Newports...:rolleyes:

Edit: ^They did not lower our dmg output as Gunnery. You lose 10% from Grav Round and gained 10% in Demo Round and Full Auto procs. Unless all you did was spam Grav Round, your primary dmg abilities remain strong or got buffed.

The GR nerf alone would have been one thing, and I think we understand the buff to Demo Round and CoF, but really whats the difference between sitting still and spamming GR or sitting still and spamming FA? None. It's the totality of the nerfs we received and the buffs that other stronger classes are getting.

Absolutely disgusted in the way some classes remain op and some that weren't are getting nerfs, increasing the gap even further between the classes, great balance, NOT :rolleyes:

Last nail in the coffin for me, on top of the Ilum failure etc, lost confidence in these devs ...

Edited by LillyWhiteS

Yeah will not be playing my battlemaster commando anymore, no joke.

Mele in swtor is alredy OP compared to range in TOR in 1vs1.And now they are nerfing us because of a few low players whining about getting killed in public pvp.

Damd bioware suck so hard right now.Have lost all respect for them.

I would love to see the face on bioware devs playing a commando in full battlemaster gear going up against a good mele class like Assassin/Marauder and get wrecked in a dual and then hear what they had to say.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

I think the message was sent to us (the community). Jedi matter. Everyone else doesnt. Same mindset as SOE, different company. Those of us that dont play Jedi will end up leaving. Those that do will think this game is the best mmo ever.

I supported this game through all the hate the last couple months. When everyone left due to impatience I stuck to the "its only 3 months old, wait for 1.2" lecture. Well, if 1.2 is a sign of things to come from Bioware then good luck keeping anyone.

2 days left for me in SWTOR, and Guild Wars 2 pre-order is available 10.04.2012, so now i finally can say "bye-bye" to this disbalanced piece of bug.

Is it really pushed back to October now? Last I read it was June'ish. Wow, that put even more of a bummer on my day. :(

Wow, I'm stunned. W T H.

They pretty much nerfed every medic ability except Kolto Bomb, which now hits a whopping 4 targets.

Funny they didn't mention any of this earlier. Wow, just wow. I'm pissed.

Whatever are you talking about? They nerfed koltobomb into the ground.

Kolto residue got nerfed. But thats not a big deal. What is a big deal is the supercharged koltobomb which the shield got nerfed from 10 to 5%, So in this situation, the targets will get healed for 2% less and take 5% more damage. Thats a discrepancy of 7% less "survivability" which is pretty huge imo.

Is it really pushed back to October now? Last I read it was June'ish. Wow, that put even more of a bummer on my day. :(

european notation, not american. 10.04.2012 is 10th of april. but thats only the preorder date, release is still not confirmed but expected to be in june.

Oh, and I love this little nugget: Mortar Volley fixed, yay!!!! We're supposed to be happy about that and forget the nerfs to survivability and main attack damage.

Well, they also nerfed its AOE from 8 down to 5 meters

I think the message was sent to us (the community). Jedi matter. Everyone else doesnt. Same mindset as SOE, different company. Those of us that dont play Jedi will end up leaving. Those that do will think this game is the best mmo ever.

I supported this game through all the hate the last couple months. When everyone left due to impatience I stuck to the "its only 3 months old, wait for 1.2" lecture. Well, if 1.2 is a sign of things to come from Bioware then good luck keeping anyone.

I'd say it was this (Jedi>>>everyone else) except the Sage healing nerf is actually pretty major too.

This is a quote by one of the Sages on the healer forum breaking down the effect it will have on them. Short version is that it largely destroys their Force management because the gains from NS almost exactly equal the cost to heal themselves from it, and their is no point using Rejuv+Deliverance anymore as the gains come out to a wash.

Rejuvenate has a net cost of (30-12 regen during cast) = 18.

Deliverance has a net cost of (51-18 regen during cast) = 33.

Deliverance with Conveyance will have a net cost of (39-18 regen during cast + 18 (net cost of Rejuvenate )) = 39.

Healing Trance has a net cost of (40-21) = 29.

Healing Trance with Noble Sacrifice (Resplendence proc) has a net cost of (29-48) = -19

Healing Trance with Conveyance and Noble Sacrifice has a net cost of (29-48+18) = -1

So the changes can be described as thus:

There's absolutely no HPF gain using Conveyance with Deliverance. So unless you need to cast Rejuvenate anyway (and Healing Trance is on CD), don't use Conveyance on Deliverance. Essentially they've taken away my only way of getting meaningful heals off in skilled PvP and given me a HPF bonus that actually isn't a bonus. They've also buffed an ability that scales so poorly I almost never use it anyway. Thanks.

Using Healing Trance without Conveyance gives a net force gain, which is largely canceled out by having to self heal with Rejuvenate. Closest thing we have to a neutral rotation.

I have a 50 Commando and Sage. I'm not going to play two DPS characters and they both look like they're going to become unfun to play with these changes.

As far as I can tell, the Devs just have no clue what they are doing, and they refuse to listen to the community at all.

Edited by RuQu

LOL! Go play a Marauder. I think you will be shocked how hard it is. I play both Mara and Commando. The Commando is so much overpowered and easy to play its laughable. With a commando i can easily get on the top 3 on the kill list. With Mara I will have to work my butt off just to be top 5. And I played Mara as my main and since the startup of the game. Commando I have only played for a couple of weeks.

Go play Mara before you speak!