Official Questions Thread for March 23rd, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any plans for merging light servers and/or allowing for server transfers? If so would you be willing to expound on the time table for this and any plans for dealing with Legacy for these transfers? Edited by TheRiddick

I was hoping if you could clear something up for me. In 1.2 you will allow set-bonuses to be transferred from Ops-gear and the like to be placed in custom gear. But does this only mean that the armoring slots will be opened on new gear or also the set-bonuses that are in the current Tionese/Columi/Rakata sets?

I ask this because people are telling conflicting things. One states that it will only be allowed for the upcoming sets, while other state that it includes the set-bonus on for instance my Columi gear.

Edited by Danakar

When will there be any updates/corrections to the bugged and unachievable entries plaguing the codex system?

My question goes beyond the limited treatment the codex is receiving in 1.2 (1 fixed entry, new pictures for entries, etc).

When I say bugged I mean:

-A codex entry that is achievable in the game, and registers an entry, but does not count towards the Codex status bars

-A codex entry that is achievable in the game, but does not register an entry or count on status bars

-A codex entry that is captured by the Codex status bars but is not achievable

-A codex entry that is theoretically achievable, but is not being correctly awarded when completing the condition to award it (either the entry or the status bar)

-A codex entry that was achievable at one point in Beta, and was removed from the game prior to release, but still is counted in the status bars

Second go around with this question. Fingers crossed :cool:

Any plans to implement pvp competitive arenas in the future? Like EVER, not necessarily any time soon because we already get rated warzones in 1.2 and we can't have everything at once right? :p Edited by Deviss

First time asking a question...

Will there be a section of the Bioware website Detailing new aditions and new mechanics and where to go how they work steps to take?

I ask this becausei feel where hard modes and Operations are concerned im just fumbling around.I have done daileys and have used those commendations to upgrade the slots in my orange gear. I have done tarel 5 hard mode once and couldnt heal enough to geep the guardian alive at level 50. I know my gear is not what it should be but I dont understand the stats completely other then i need as much willpower and endurance as possible. I have almost all purple mods and still cant single heal for what i have seen people CLAIM on boards somethiing like 13 to 14kHPs in one cast.

I gues i am asking for a suggested path on stats for dummys. I guess i am asking for some sort of Bioware approved updated stratagy guide that is kept current with changes ongoing with patches and expansions. Ide even be willing to paya yearly fee for it say 40 bucks a year..

- Are there any plans to change movement, also some animations like strafe/cross-run and jump.

- Is there any plan for Space Combat ? For example separate space from "earth" and making it like EVE Online include space crafting.

- What about social things ? maybe with legacy system.3 or 4 speciality for example ;

Combatan ( all combat classes) / Entertainment & Arts ( Master of Crafting + Dancer,musician, politician ) / Space Captan

On of the things I hate most as a PvE player is constant nerfing due to pvp content.Do you have any plans to seperate PvP and PvE abilities (Such as have powers do one thing in BG's and another in PvE content) so players dont have to face constant nerfs and class changes because of the two very diffrent types of gameplay?

What are your plans to give companions more use for level 50 players?

Currently there are Ilum/Belsavis dailies, 1.2 brings Corellia ones, but those aren't exactly fun/"epic" end-game content (compared to flashpoints/operations/story leading to 50). Seen some great suggestions, like

- Allowing their use in ops (could be completely new future ops, or sacrificing some power in order to use them, -%dmg for example)

- Not counting them towards player limit in FPs (new difficulty mode maybe, or same as above),

- Special flashpoints for solo play with (multiple) companions

- Continued interaction, for example daily/weekly quest(s)

What are your intentions? Legacy gives more powers when using companion, but there's too little content for 50s to use them in!

Character creation is lacking the attention the rest of the game has received. What is the plan to improve the quality of character creation, besides what has been mentioned about the connection to Legacy concerning mixing species with classes. Example: better appealing options, or more control?

* Looking at the changes to crafting in 1.2 there is mention of attempts to sort out the RE problems, but there is no mention of the "you already know that schematic" issue, will this be addressed in 1.2?

* Will Australasian players get the transfers they are still waiting on before 1.2 goes live and makes the legacy system even more complicated to move?

* My Bounty hunter worked hard to make it to 50 aligned to neither the dark side or the light side and stays loyal only to the credits. Will we see neutral gear and relics any time soon?

Edited by ZicStar

Are there plans for an Out-Of-Game Personalized Character Search/Viewer (For lack of a better term: An Armory)?

I've seen it/heard it suggested or asked about in many different locations or threads(mostly pre-launch), but I have not seen an official response.

An out of game character search tool has been in existence since the original days of Everquest and has evolved into the following parts:

A. Current gear, including what is or isn't in the customized mod slots, and a 3-d view

B. Advanced Class & Specialization points chosen

C. Professions chosen and progression in it.

D. General activity or achievement progression (ie Gear and Datacrons Obtained, etc)

E. Guild links to search/view other players in your guild

F. Progression bar/slider of potential Operations Options to search for gear upgrades.

G. Character comparison tool (gear)

There are many different applications for this tool, but the two most common are to look-up potential upgrades, or compare yourself or others to characters you know have decent gear and specific specialization points so that you may find areas to improve yourself. Many people will argue that you can technically inspect characters before you start a mission or op, however, you are not always standing next to said character(s) during group formation and you cannot inspect a specialization. (It's also hard to write down gear names when the character you're inspecting runs away from you....)

I realize this is not an insignificant request and would require at minimum a database of all current gear and the various skins for them and the characters or server data access or data dumps. In example, I know for World of Warcraft, their armory was initially tied to wowhead. Perhaps you could partially piggyback off of torhead or darthhater dabases, which are already implemented.

how long before the same-sex romance options, promised us many months back, become a priority over things you've only just decided to add?

My Sith warrior female is deeply enamored with Dark Jeassa and would like to continue the relationship but cannot due to some invisible wall in a universe far far fffaaar away. I purpously leveled Jeassa's affection to 10k and yet cannot marry. My question is if I do not have a husband and when the SGR is available, will i be able to consumate my dark union with my either Vette or Jeassa?

With 1.2 will Rakata Gear/Weapons and Columi Weapons become purchasable with Operation's currency? As a person who does Operations frequently it is very frustrating to not be able to acquire certain pieces because of bad luck with the RNG. It's silly to have HM KP on "farm status", but still be wielding a Tionese tier weapon.

Can you explain how the 1.2 changes to the tank Advanced Classes were arrived at? Just on a cursory analysis: Assassin/Shadow received no changes; Bounty Hunter/Trooper a slight reduction in absorbtion through the Ablative Upgrades change but gained greater absorb through the new talent Heat Screen; and Juggernauts/Guardians gained more threat. What sort of metrics are you using to determine damage, mitigation and avoidance across the tank advanced classes? Edited by Crutchess

When will we finally be able to get PANTS for Sith Sorcerers and Jedi Sages? I know some exist in Social Gear at planet cantinas, but in most of those cases, the pants only match the social outfit it comes from. I see no specific reason to prevent Sages/Sorcerers from getting pants when Knights/Warriors can wear both pants and robes?

It's very limiting and I personally don't want to wear a dress the entire game.

On this same topic, how about some outfit options that allow us to show off some skin?

Edited by Jaavik