The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware is moving WAY too slowly

Makade

Ok, granted. But in that case, I ask that you roll an alt on Trask Ulgo (EU) & see for yourself.

If your characters are on a full, lively, busseling world then I honestly am very happy for you, but I'm in hell, if this is what solitary confinement is, I'm so glad I was never a criminal.

:o

Fair enough i'll do that tonight when I get home from work.

And in return I offer the same. Roll and alt on EU Progenitor, Republic side and /whisper Sho-Kuda. I can assure you a guild of fun loving loonies that love the game and group together on a regular basis.

Our fleet is generally around the 80-120 mark, drops off after midnight GMT. But as long as we have 4 50s logged in we have a group.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been a fairly constant post maker, as of the last couple weeks. But. man.. this stuff is really getting old. Why does everything always have to be so doom and gloom. can't we just be happy with the game for two minutes.. cmon. f'in let's talk about fun stuff for a chage. this is just getting so old, so fast. I love the game, I hate the constant griping about why the game is about to die. I don't want it to die, I like it here. So, take that for whatever it's worth.

As I bet half of you work for Blizzard, and this is just a viral attack to get people uninterested in the product heh.

Agree. And everyone who disagrees have not played Rift so they don't know the awesomeness the Trion developers are.

The patches that have been released are so small I feel as though there hasn't been a single update in this game.

I disagree with OP and have played rift. BORING. Trion is not a dev company to be used as an example.

edit: now CCP that's a different story, but EVE is also a different type of MMO.

Edited by Apocalypsezero

They are adding content far too slowly.

1.2 isn't giving us a great deal either, 1 raid (with no NM lol that will keep us busy for 1 hour then), 1 FP and 1 WZ and a bunch of stuff that should of been in at release.

Add to the fact that there is still a bunch of stuff missing after 1.2 that should of been in at release.

Edited by Tekkoclarky

Not true. Rift players are quite happy with their game, actually. I keep seeing on these forums that Rift is dying or it's included in a list of "failed" mmos. It is simply untrue. The servers are absolutely hopping over there.

I love Rift and if I weren't playing SWtor, I'd be playing Rift. However, you're not camparing things straight up. Rift allowed free transfers so everyone piled up on the server that were left over from the initial release. SWTOR is doing better that Rift. So if Rift is thriving then SWTOR is currently killing WoW.

So it's been three months since launch, and what has Bioware done? Bioware needs to take a long, hard look at Trion (the new bar for MMO devs), take a few notes, and get busy. I suspect there is too much celebrating going on in Austin for them to even recognize that their update schedule is laughable (the blind arrogance of this dev team regarding their "success" with this titanic is astounding). Players these days will not tolerate a so-so patch (made up of stuff that any crap F2P MMO has at launch) every 4 months. Bioware needs to wake up, get some humility, and get to work. I wish I would have listened to EA Louse.

Welcome to MMO's as a newbie there are a lot of things you can learn from those of us that have some experience with MMO's it took decades for some games to rise to the features that are currently present in this game after only a couple of months launch.

Welcome to MMO's they can be a lot of fun, but you will need to learn patience. Which is not something every newbie starts out with.

Edited by Dayln

They are adding content far too slowly.

1.2 isn't giving us a great deal either, 1 raid (with no NM lol that will keep us busy for 1 hour then), 1 FP and 1 WZ and a bunch of stuff that should of been in at release.

Add to the fact that there is still a bunch of stuff missing after 1.2 that should of been in at release.

Listen to this guy, this game has only been out since Dec and you figure that is should be comparable to game that have been out for year and years. This game isn't perfect but no mmo is. Just hold your horse, 1.2 is a game changer and if you don't like it after then just cancel. No ones going to miss you anyways.

Agree. And everyone who disagrees have not played Rift so they don't know the awesomeness the Trion developers are.

The patches that have been released are so small I feel as though there hasn't been a single update in this game.

i played rift for a month and a half. bored out of my mind. this game is far better, in every way

Listen to this guy, this game has only been out since Dec and you figure that is should be comparable to game that have been out for year and years. This game isn't perfect but no mmo is. Just hold your horse, 1.2 is a game changer and if you don't like it after then just cancel. No ones going to miss you anyways.

This attitude astounds me. How do you know "no one" is going to miss this particular player. Maybe he's a guild leader, or a raid leader, or some other important position within a group of friends. Maybe a cheerleader for this MMO that people, in his circle of friends, is respected and with his departure (assuming he departs) takes several folks with him.

Now, do I think begging someone to stay is the right course, absolutely not. But to be blatantly obnoxious about someone's subscription or not is just unwarranted and certainly not good for the game long term.

Do you have to agree with his assessment, no. But do you have to comment on it, no you don't.

And when a lot of people take your advice you'll be the first one complaining about what happened to the game, there used to be so many people. The whole "LOVE IT OR QUIT" has sunken more MMO ships than bad game design and rabid fanboys. However, you will soon get your wish and we'll all look back at this game at the 6 month mark and you won't have to wonder why game didn't do well.

I played rift great game. They do nice large content updates very often. In one year i believe its been a total of 6 major updates. However the first major update took about 2 months to release and it wasnt the greatest. The fact is it takes time for a new game to get into a groove. When looking at a developer like Blizz we see them take 6 months to a year to push new big content patches. I believe bioware is on the right track. Its hard for us to judge though what 3 months will bring us until we see the new patch notes.

Edited by jaggid

Nope.

They are doing just fine.

But we need some serious server merging operations.

I would like them to first phase out all of the instancing like they said they were going to do before we do any server merges. Once they do that though id be right there wanting them to merge some servers.

So it's been three months since launch, and what has Bioware done? Bioware needs to take a long, hard look at Trion (the new bar for MMO devs), take a few notes, and get busy. I suspect there is too much celebrating going on in Austin for them to even recognize that their update schedule is laughable (the blind arrogance of this dev team regarding their "success" with this titanic is astounding). Players these days will not tolerate a so-so patch (made up of stuff that any crap F2P MMO has at launch) every 4 months. Bioware needs to wake up, get some humility, and get to work. I wish I would have listened to EA Louse.

I have to agree. Bioware is two leagues below Trion. Im starting to despise them as much as i despise SOE after SWG. I naver bought any Sony product since, be it game or hardware and i wont buy any bioware game as well, if they wont change the way they are handlig this game. Unfortunately there are many sheeps who will accept whatever crap bioware throw at them, so they dont realy care.

I played rift great game. They do nice large content updates very often. In one year i believe its been a total of 6 major updates. However the first major update took about 2 months to release and it wasnt the greatest. The fact is it takes time for a new game to get into a groove. When looking at a developer like Blizz we see them take 6 months to a year to push new big content patches. I believe bioware is on the right track. Its hard for us to judge though what 3 months will bring us until we see the new patch notes.

Its not about major updates. Whenever Trion made a patch it took few minutes to read what it fixed. Every patch fixed ten times more things then bioware's. I cant even articulate the difference in english.

Edited by Satanski

I was amazed at the rate at which Rift patched. I wasn't amazed or surprised how often new bugs were introduced and then hot patched. I also wasn't surprised that every time you turned around, classes were completely changed for 'balance' reasons. Rift was an OK game, but it never had the potential to be an outstanding one. TOR is really good and can become absolutely excellent.

That's not to say that BW can't learn certain things from Trion, but the rate of patches isn't one of them.

Except that Rift's 1.1 took 29 days. And 2 months in they had 1.2 which added another raid and 3 months in they had 2 more raids and more pvp and bug fixes in 1.3. At this pace Bioware won't have 1.3 out until early August.

Except that Rift's 1.1 took 29 days. And 2 months in they had 1.2 which added another raid and 3 months in they had 2 more raids and more pvp and bug fixes in 1.3. At this pace Bioware won't have 1.3 out until early August.

Again how can we judge exactly what 1.2 and 1.3 will be like until they actually take place. If 1.2 comes out and is small then i would agree its unnacceptable. If the patch is as large as they say then id say the pace is fine for now.

Oh and also 1.1 was out within about a month so again. its been about 2 months since the first update.

I like how the rift fans keep touting that Rift has a million subs when the only time Trion released any numbers was when their pre-launch forums had a million accounts. Let that sink in for a minute.

PRE-LAUNCH...

Ask them about subs now and they'll say they don't need to brag about numbers. But that didn't stop them bragging about the number of pre-launch forum accounts.

I find this post extremely amusing. It's so full of $&*# it's funny.

Grass is always greener.

I Cant keep track of whats being hated currently and whats not, last week Rift was a joke, now its doing everything right? But on the Rift forums the Devs are getting accused of not doing enough... just like here.

If you go by the forums, even the Mighty WoW has been dying for 8 years. Forums are where ego-centric complainers congregate and pat each other on the back as they decry doom and gloom speaking for some invisible majority that most sane people know doesn't exist.

They will whine even if there is nothing to whine about. It's sad, really.