Bioware is moving WAY too slowly

Makade

We are discussing the game, we just happen to be discussing the things we don't like in the game.

Leave the thread if you don't agree, but don't waste your life trolling.

Bingo. Unfortunately the message will be lost because somewhere along the line, the generation of special snowflakes decided that positive opinions were more valuable than negative ones.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he means that Rifts put up bigger patches more often

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-rift-news/patch-notes/

look at their history, at least they are putting constant updates. Once or twice a week.

Oh look, taking a peek at that list shows that they're... wait for it.... pushing out patches every 1-2 months.

Much like... oh wait, the three months this game has been alive?

*GASP*

SHOCKING! Absolutely astounding, thanks for the list, you just BURNED the OP's entire post in one link.

Go you!

Edited by Darth-Rion

Oh look, taking a peek at that list shows that they're... wait for it.... pushing out patches every 2-3 months.

Much like... oh wait, the three months this game has been alive?

*GASP*

SHOCKING! Absolutely astounding, thanks for the list, you just BURNED the OP's entire post in one link.

Go you!

Hmm 7 patches, 12 months live... I make that closer to 1.5 months between content.

And as I remember it, "guild banks" didn't count as a content patch :)

Hmm 7 patches, 12 months live... I make that closer to 1.5 months between content.

And as I remember it, "guild banks" didn't count as a content patch :)

They did in WoW... or was that an expansion? : o

Also thanks for the heads up. In my hasty typing I got the wrong numbers! "1-2 months"

Edited by Darth-Rion

You can't fault TRION tbh, even though I don't play rift anymore games developers can learn a lot from them.

They take comments on board and *shock* unlike the **** that is Greg Street (aka: ghost crawler) actually listen to the players.

All the rift patches were huge patches, even some of the hotfixes were bigger than some of the content patches in other games.

And while we're talking about hotfixes, with TRION they are done server by server involving a simple reboot (10 minutes inconvience).

Shame Lucasarts didn't get TRION to do SWTOR, now that would have been a good game.

Edited by Robbydog

The population on your dead server say so; but guess what WoW had dead servers even when they had their fabled 12.5 million.

Subjective viewpoint is subjective.

Agreed and I would roll on a new server, but wait there's a problem...

*checks server list*

They all have "light" population, hmmm

You can't fault TRION tbh, even though I don't play rift anymore games developers can learn a lot from them.

They take comments on board and *shock* unlike the **** that is Greg Street (aka: ghost crawler) actually listen to the players.

All the rift patches were huge patches, even some of the hotfixes were bigger than some of the content patches in other games.

And while we're talking about hotfixes, with TRION they are done server by server involving a simple reboot (10 minutes inconvience).

Shame Lucasarts didn't get TRION to do SWTOR, now that would have been a good game.

Hah i have played MMO's for years and watched forums and people make suggestions and 95% stunk or when they did add them ruined aspects of the game,Guild Houses in EQ2 comes to mind=Dead Citys,,,hell i can make a list,fact of the matter is i have seen your type for so many years,just change the handle name and it's a new batch with the same complaints and suggestions from another era,you ppl destroy games.

No, that would have been what everyone claims SWTOR to be right now. WoW in space.

And nobody's faulting Trion... But eh, you kinda seem to be skipping over the fact that Bioware DO listen to everyone. Originally we weren't going to get speeder bikes, Pureblood Inquisitors and yet... lo and behold, we got them. They stupidly put colour restrictions on crystals, the majority (yes minority, the MAJORITY) hated it and it was removed. This is Bioware's first mmo, coming from a long line of excellent single player games.

I can expect them to be a bit slow with working things out, but they are doing it and listening to the community while doing so.

I can be patient with them unlike most on this forum who want patches every month.

Edit: Also, call me easy to please but **** it, I got my white lightsaber, I'm here to stay!

Edited by Darth-Rion

Hah i have played MMO's for years and watched forums and people make suggestions and 95% stunk or when they did add them ruined aspects of the game,Guild Houses in EQ2 comes to mind=Dead Citys,,,hell i can make a list,fact of the matter is i have seen your type for so many years,just change the handle name and it's a new batch with the same complaints and suggestions from another era,you ppl destroy games.

So you have 5% good suggestions, from a player base of (from what some people claim in the forums) 1 to 2 million, that's a heck of a lot of good suggestions to ignore...

Agreed and I would roll on a new server, but wait there's a problem...

*checks server list*

They all have "light" population, hmmm

Wow your amazing,it is 8:53 AM West Coast and you think there should be full or heavy servers? what you drinking or smoking?

Edited by Sathid

So you have 5% good suggestions, from a player base of (from what some people claim in the forums) 1 to 2 million, that's a heck of a lot of good suggestions to ignore...

I was going to type a response but i really just dont see the sense with you guys,no offense,it just seems to be a lost cause.

So it's been three months since launch, and what has Bioware done? Bioware needs to take a long, hard look at Trion (the new bar for MMO devs), take a few notes, and get busy. I suspect there is too much celebrating going on in Austin for them to even recognize that their update schedule is laughable (the blind arrogance of this dev team regarding their "success" with this titanic is astounding). Players these days will not tolerate a so-so patch (made up of stuff that any crap F2P MMO has at launch) every 4 months. Bioware needs to wake up, get some humility, and get to work. I wish I would have listened to EA Louse.

There is no magic programming wand, especially when you're changing core features of the game and the engine itself, and not just creating new content.

If you are THAT superior in your technique and management style, you should really put in a resumé with BioWare so that you can help bring them up to your envisioned level of greatness. Surely, they would appreciate the assistance.

But eh, you kinda seem to be skipping over the fact that Bioware DO listen to everyone. Originally we weren't going to get speeder bikes, Pureblood Inquisitors and yet... lo and behold, we got them. They stupidly put colour restrictions on crystals, the majority (yes minority, the MAJORITY) hated it and it was removed. This is Bioware's first mmo, coming from a long line of excellent single player games.

I can expect them to be a bit slow with working things out, but they are doing it and listening to the community while doing so.

I can be patient with them unlike most on this forum who want patches every month.

Edit: Also, call me easy to please but **** it, I got my white lightsaber, I'm here to stay!

Good point, but TRION had a nack for only taking the good suggestions onboard.

Can't say that I agree with sticking the crystals at a vendor, they should have put an epic questline in to get them instead.

One devalues the crystals while giving the players what they want, the other gives players what they want while giving them a reason to stay (firstly doing the questline, secondly you're less likely to leave after spending weeks doing quests to get your gear).

But none of this is new, TRION already did it... :rolleyes:

3 months for a major update, is that bad? in global terms of how long a MMo takes to create?

1.2 will come out then weeks after will be 1.2 bug fixes and updates.

Im in no doubt that BW has 1.3. 1.5 1.6 already worked out or has plans in place. Theyre not gonna openly discuss them until nearer the time. Why give away your concepts for other MMOs to follow.

Although sayin that this game as a unique aspect its following Star Wars lore. So early info on updates im sure wouldnt harm us.

The problem will always remain. If you grind and grind you will end up bored, you will rush the next patch and contents then moan your bored again. MMO world is pretty bleak when it comes to patience. Think of anims, models, encounters, variables, testing, renders, sounds. All takes time, im sure some devs work very long hours as theyre so passionate about what they create. Lets hope they dont ever take time out to read on here.

Edited by SNEAKYSIX

Its sad when a small company with a lesser budget outshines a multimillion dollar project like this one where did those hubdreds of millions of dollars go anyway? Voice acting, id rather have a better game engine than full voiced work

And that is just it. YOU would rather have these features. Others like the direction bioware is taking. SWTOR was never offered as a revolutionary mmo that changed the game systems of such forever. The entire advertising basis for this game was about the story & the voiceovers with other mmo features to compliment.

On another note, you can go to any MMO's forums and read tons of rage posts, the reason it seems that there are more active subscribers here than at rift. Over 1.5 million more SWTOR Subs

RIFT Subs

Bottom line is that there will be complainers everywhere, the more subs, the more complainers.

Edited by rangccom

Im in no doubt that BW has 1.3. 1.5 1.6 already worked out or has plans in place. Theyre not gonna openly discuss them until nearer the time. Why give away your concepts for other MMOs to follow.

Lot's of details of 1.3 have already been released...

Try to keep up.

So it's been three months since launch, and what has Bioware done? Bioware needs to take a long, hard look at Trion (the new bar for MMO devs), take a few notes, and get busy. I suspect there is too much celebrating going on in Austin for them to even recognize that their update schedule is laughable (the blind arrogance of this dev team regarding their "success" with this titanic is astounding). Players these days will not tolerate a so-so patch (made up of stuff that any crap F2P MMO has at launch) every 4 months. Bioware needs to wake up, get some humility, and get to work. I wish I would have listened to EA Louse.

Patience. It's a thing of the past I guess. *sigh*

You ever think that the Devs might be smart enough to understand the sophomoric behavior of their clientele needs to be a factor in their product release?

You give people something every week thats 'AMAZING' then you set the bar too damn high and create an unrealistic expectation.

Release every month or two and you create an more workable time table that the devs/testers etc... can honestly fulfill.

Patience. It's a thing of the past I guess. *sigh*

You are asking for patience? For MMO players? What are you thinking?

You are as bad as they are... asking for something as pie in the sky as patience. :rolleyes:

You know what's funny? Every time I hear someone bring up Rift and their patches they only talk about the major content updates. Like your 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, ect. ect. Never do I see them list a patch like a 1.5.1 or a 1.6.1. You know those patches that Bioware is currently doing to the 1.1 content patch. So for our viewing pleasure. Rifts 1.6.1 patch!

RIFT 1.6.1 Hotfix #5 - 8:00am PDT 12/28/11 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 29/12/11 [EU]

GENERAL

* PvP Achievements: Behind Enemy Lines can now be completed by closing any rift in Silverwood / Gloamwood for Defiants, and Freemarch / Stonefield for Guardians.

* While on the quest ‘Unworking the Ritual’ any air rift that grants experience should drop air sourcestone when closed

* Instant Adventure Daily quests should now be listed under “Meridian” or “Sanctum” in your quest log

* Level 50 players completing Instant Adventure Daily quests will now get more XP

* Recipes that are loot drops from monsters, dungeons, or rifts should no longer be BoP

ZONES

* Hammerknell: The general population of Hammerknell will drop items more frequently.

* Hammerknell: Darktide Mists should no longer reset aggro while engaged in combat

DUNGEONS

* Players completing Expert 1 Dungeon Dailies now have a choice of reward, either 6 Plaques of Achievement or 2 Marks of Ascension

* Players completing Expert 2 Dungeon Dailies now have a choice of reward, either 6 Plaques of Achievement, 2 Marks of Ascension, or 1 Greater Mark of Ascension

9 Whole things fixed!!! OMG such an amazing patch!

See this is what gets me when people talk about patches. They seem to forget the difference between a Major Content Patch, aka 1.(insert number here) and a Incremental Hotfix Patch. aka you 1.(Random Number).(Random Number)

Not sure if you are trolling or what, but Rift fixed most of the annoying bugs/features within the first month of the launch. I love WoW and am looking forward to GW2, but in my book, Rift Devs win when it comes to hotfixes and quick updates.