New patch and server maintenance at peak time?

defendurname

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a pretty big homer, but downtime for free trials has turned me. That is complete garbage.

I wish I didn't really know that was the reason now.

Agreed - lie to me and tell me that my payment details would have been sold to underworld criminals without this emergency pass!

can ppl PLEASE stop saying 'maint is done during work hours'

a MMO is by definition a 24/7/365 game and thus will require tech teams to work 24/7/365.....if a server breaks at 9pm CST...will they leave it down til 8am CST the next day....

seriously...think more before typing, actually...think more

A sense of entitlement... Bioware created a great product here and as previously mentioned is a mere three months old. To have moments during the day where the game needs a tweak or a tune folks go banana's to what end? One would think that someone would rather have something running smoothly in the long run rather than in the interim. Patience is a virtue, ever here of the cliche? Technology has spoiled the already rotten eggs... Get over yourself. Give these folks who give you so much enjoyment a break.

Stop trolling clown. What a bunch of crap.

Let me get this straight.. you players can't take part in a fictional galactic war, so you have create some sort of pathetic USA vs. UK nationalist war on a gaming forum instead?

Makes sense...

i don't think that is the point. The main point is to be more fair with customers, if you offer a PAID service and YOUR service DO NOT WORK, FOR YOU OWN PROBLEMS, who buy the service can not be always the one who receive the damage (service not working + paid service).

Edited by DarthSakh

This reminds me of some of the nerd raging that goes on in Warzone chat.

RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!......then 15 mins later its all forgotten.

Same here, in a little while all the little peons crying will go back to playing and all the sabre rattling and threats of quiting will be long gone.

Although the Euros will still look as silly as ever trying to spin this up as "America" disrespecting them somehow.

Could be they have some glitches to fix? Who cares so long as they are fixing things I have no problem.

That would be something if they were ACTUALLY fixing issues. Go read the patch notes HERE and you'll see why so many people are angry about the downtime. It's mostly due to the fact that they shut the servers down in peak time to get ready for a FREE WEEKEND (which is very unacceptable to most)

Man people really get angry about downtime. You guys ever hear of a game called World of Warcraft. I remember when i played that game back at launch. It was a pretty fun game. Except that for the first 6 months the server maintenance lasted usually 8 hours longer than planned, the servers were taken offline at least once a day without notice to fix bugs, and there were soooo many bugs that they had to fix.

But now, this game that is what, maybe 4 months old, runs pretty damn smooth except for the occasional glitch/crash (im not talking about exploits, im talking about actually being able to play the game). Unfortunately, most of the "MMO Community" only started playing MMOs when Burning Crusade came out and they didn't have to deal with the annoying patches of Classic.

I have played over 20 mmos in the past 15+ years of gaming and I can tell you this is the smoothest 4 month old game i have ever seen. I hope BioWare keeps up the good work. I mean obviously this game is good or you wouldn't be complaining about not getting to play. So if you are complaining about not being able to play a game you hate this much, then leave. Haters gonna Hate, BW, haters gonna hate.

Totally agreeing you there... just hoping that keep up the good work... And thru very beta of WOW(most compared to MMORPG) and its launch. Not nearly as smooth, it was broken or exploited every week, but the launch was so very long time ago and so allmost forgotten...

Not played as much as you, mine are like 10 or so, with long time with EVE. But best lauch IMHO with close second Rifts launch... Still have two Rifts time cards waiting for a update that screams for a audiance...

But as for a downtime, I am pissed since I wanted to play just now at this second ;D

BR,

me