New patch and server maintenance at peak time?

defendurname

Everyone - we apologize for the inconvenience. We do everything we can to avoid taking the servers down for maintenance outside of our regular weekly maintenance, but in some cases (like this one, unfortunately) we can't avoid it. This patch is necesary to ensure a good experience for all players during our Weekend Pass Trial weekend. We never take interrupting your playtime lightly, and this is no exception. Emergencies do happen occasionally, and we are working as quickly as we can to bring the servers back up so you can continue enjoying the game. In the meantime, we'll keep you updated with any new information that becomes available. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to ensure everything goes smoothly this weekend.

And you couldn't do this on Tuesday with the last patch?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such a great post I had to be part of it. To me, only the EU players have a right to be upset, it’s very unfortunate that the downtime is during their peak game time, for the rest of you…”Bitter..! Table for one..! “

Anyway, I for one will be checking Youtube for how to PVP more effectively, watching videos on Gamebreaker.TV and checking other information about the game and how to play my characters better, oh and how to make credits. Actually, I’m supposed to be working right now, so perhaps I should get back to that – oh look, it’s almost lunchtime..!

Hey EU people...you aren't the only ones suffering :p Some US people are getting hit by this too (like me). Yes, unfortunately they choose EU peak time, but hopefully next time around they'll hit US peak time. Although I would appreciate it if they would explain why immediately instead of telling us to go the forums with no response there.

Due to BW allowing access to all region servers on one client That cant happen as patching the different zones at different times would make the clients incompatible. (Simplified reason).

No matter when, how or what is done, people will whine.

Working with programming myself i smell a fart... It is pretty simple to make a solution that works around this problem.

BW created so many bottleneck problems and left hand solutions that i think they have given up.

Edited by Joeblows

Id love bioware to post the actual numbers on how many people unsubscribed from this game in the last hour or so to see how many of you are serious and how many of you are just being whiny little *****es that just go back to playing the game as soon as the servers come back up again.

I'd bet it's a whole lot less than the numbers they will gain from the free trial weekend etc that's likely the cause of the fix.

I kinda don't understand why players are so hostile agains't each other.. why is it so wrong to unsub when the game is not providing what I pay for, which is playing during the peak hours, when it is actually only possible time for anykinda teamplay on my server coz it's so empty? I mean comon, why would any1 be so mad at fellowgamers who are simply getting owned by the game maker and screwing us big time.. :( oh well, I hope this game becomes a lot better while I try out other games. :)

ROFL.....So, bioware decided to do an emergency hot fix BEFORE the weekend started. thus unnecessarily inconveniencing a large portion of the playerbase to suit Bioware's end.

/golfclap

I like your way of thinking and I love your signature.

uh.. you do know the earth is the one orbiting.. right?

Yes Dexen, I know.. Im not some EU player that likes to QQ over the fact that BW offices and employees are working in the NA time zones.. If you would fully re-read my post slowly, you would recognize sarcasm, but since your humor is nowhere in sight, I will explain it to you slowly.... Change all times to EU times (So everyone is working at same time in world).. Create a second star to orbit the earth (So its normal working hours everywhere)..

Everyone - we apologize for the inconvenience. We do everything we can to avoid taking the servers down for maintenance outside of our regular weekly maintenance, but in some cases (like this one, unfortunately) we can't avoid it. This patch is necesary to ensure a good experience for all players during our Weekend Pass Trial weekend. We never take interrupting your playtime lightly, and this is no exception. Emergencies do happen occasionally, and we are working as quickly as we can to bring the servers back up so you can continue enjoying the game. In the meantime, we'll keep you updated with any new information that becomes available. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to ensure everything goes smoothly this weekend.

WHAAT? So what you're saying is that those Free trial players have higher priority then your permanent userbase? This is outrageous.

Haha thats ok,I'll take time off a game I pay to play so you can let somebody play it for free;)

Your piss explanation for this patch IS THE FREAKING WEEKEND TRIAL PASS?

That's proof right there that your game is failing..

You have already started to recruit new people to play this game, Because smart people are starting to see where this is going.

agree trying there hardest to get players in as quick as others are leaving. Subs have only looked so good because new australian and asian servers opening up wait till they start leaving as well

So the Germans get to know but the rest of us have to guess??

Korrekt, leider müssen alle Server für vorrausichtlich 2 Stunden heruntergefahren werden wegen eines Notfall-Patches. Der behebt Probleme mit dem Spiel in Bezug auf das kommende Test-Wochenende :(

Thanks Kamokarsi good find

I don't know about the others here, but I resent play interruptions in my PRIME TIME game time, WITHOUT even the company so much as apologizing or -God forbid- offer "one-day-exempt" like Blizzard did when I played World of Warcraft.

I am waiting to see if the level of professionalism of the people here is less than that of the Blizzard folks.

Also, in any and all official announcements about unexpected server downtime, the guys at Blizzard ALWAYS write:

"We apologize about the inconvenience caused"

Maybe you guys should learn some manners?

Pretty much this, I'm not too annoyed that the servers are down, I understand that, but there has not yet once been any free days rewarded in light of the amount of maintenance they do.

When the game first launched, it wasn't uncommon to see multiple maintenance periods during the same week. Considering that a lot of our play time is already taken away, which we are paying for, they could at least apologise for the maintenance happening at this time, completely unscheduled. Hell, the post they made happened after the warning on the servers, so we had a 15 minute warning, and no apology.

And yes, they should apologise, I understand emergency maintenance has to happen now and again, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be apologetic about it. We're customers, not mindless zombies to be treat like idiots.