1.2 release date?

Hunterofjedi

This game is an absolute mess at end game which you have not obviously experienced since you have yet to hit the cap may change your thoughts on the state of things.

Which is why I made a conscious decision not to rush to cap. By the time I get there it will have all been sorted out and you will have gone back to WoW. A win win scenario.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rate at which they are fixing/bugging out new things on the PTS I wouldn't expect 1.2 until late April early May. Hopefully they learn a lot from this patch and in future patches it will help streamline the process. I'll be happy to see 1.2 this month but realistically I just don't see it happening with all the balancing left to do.

Which is why I made a conscious decision not to rush to cap. By the time I get there it will have all been sorted out and you will have gone back to WoW. A win win scenario.

Do you drive everyone away from you?

Anyway, it won't be sorted out by the time you get to end-game, as they are doing nothing to end game in the foreseeable future. It is a typical MMO grind that is totally disconnected to the "smelling the roses" leveling experience you are currently enjoying.

Meh, I don't play wow nor have I. Again you do not have to rush to get there. You obviously haven't been paying attention. The entire issue is that they have not sorted jack out in this game since December fix wise.

So you pay for your car too, go tell the car company the date they are to release a new model

Give it a rest, pushing against an arbitrary date is what causes problems with games/patches and updates

Release it when it is ready, not before

What are you stupid ? New car ?!?!!?!?!

Admit your comment was stupid and move on. You make your self seem more stupid trying to defend a stupid position.

But he is right, impatient children that take a comment months ago about what they hope for as release timing as some kind of locked schedule

Far too many people in this thread make a very strong case for Bioware to never share any information with the community on future plans.

The release will come when it does, better to continue to work on it and make it a good release than on some arbitrary and meaningless schedule.

Let the kids whine, and release it when it is ready

If the cap fits. Adults tend to have a little more patience in my experience.

Yeah, and what do adults do if they are given a deadline that is missed? Oh yeah, the freak out, call the company, complain, write letters ect. I suggest you listen to your own preaching here. If you're cool with constant delays that's fine, but you can't say there is no room for people to be angry about 1.2.

1) Guild is 5/5 NiM EV/KP

2) All datacrons done

3) Crafting Switched to many times to imagine really

4) Most Guildies that enjoy Alts have 3-4 lvl 50's with rakata..

5) GTN has maybe 3 items to 2 pages under most crafting tabs/gear tabs

6) Time the server spends in "Light" population has doubled from 40 to now 80% of the time. http://www.torstatus.net

7) PVP -- most guildies are Valor 70. PVP pops take 30 mins average.

8) Fleet at peaks times has 30-40 people on it. off peak times Fleet has <20 people.

9) True Hardcore players (Other guildes) have quit or rerolled and started over on other servers...leaving my server less populated by quality players.

10) Error messages still spam my center screen since launch anytime I am in combat. Macros on mouse/keyboard spam there and I cant deselect fly-text. Center of screen is unusable, visually.

11) Gear drop rates from EV/KP are ridiculously high. We have alts in 1/2 rakata in like 1 HM raid.

12) Lockouts for 8 and 16 man are shared. Lockouts for HM and NiM are shared. ... so the number of times you can raid is severly limited.

13) Guild server swaps or character swaps will be more complicated once the "Legacy system" is pushed out (per BW at latest Forum video)

Game is good....but doomed to failure b/c the pace of updates and end-game has all the hardcore players leaving. I could level an alt to 50 in 5 days. craft all 3 slots to 400 in a single day and have full rakata in 2 weeks of raiding if the drops were for my class (all guilies are full rakata). And if tested I bet I could make Battlemaster in 2 weeks. And yes I have a life. I work 80 hours a week. Plainly and simply put ..game balance is totally off. How off? Way Way Way off imho.

With game baance off and updates at a slow pace = Doomed.

Any chance myself and guildies stick around for 1.2 is based solely off BW's ability to tell us when it is coming and making the 1.2 patch go smoothly and as anticipated.

Grunderbelly

"The Force" guild on server The Constant

does anyone actually know? I just want to have a few days notice before hand.

Well I would assume that Bioware doesn't know either at the moment. They are too busy making videos of what is to come in the patch to actually fix 1.2 issues.

My personal opinion is that they'll release 1.2 after the current sub cycle runs out so those people will likely re-sub for another month. I bet the overwhelming majority of people will just out of curiosity. Sure, they'll lose some people, but not as many as they'll retain.

2) All datacrons done

6) Time the server spends in "Light" population has doubled from 40 to now 80% of the time. http://www.torstatus.net

8) Fleet at peaks times has 30-40 people on it. off peak times Fleet has <20 people.

9) True Hardcore players (Other guildes) have quit or rerolled and started over on other servers...leaving my server less populated by quality players.

10) Error messages still spam my center screen since launch anytime I am in combat. Macros on mouse/keyboard spam there and I cant deselect fly-text. Center of screen is unusable, visually.

11) Gear drop rates from EV/KP are ridiculously high. We have alts in 1/2 rakata in like 1 HM raid.

12) Lockouts for 8 and 16 man are shared. Lockouts for HM and NiM are shared. ... so the number of times you can raid is severly limited.

13) Guild server swaps or character swaps will be more complicated once the "Legacy system" is pushed out (per BW at latest Forum video)

Game is good....but doomed to failure b/c the pace of updates and end-game has all the hardcore players leaving. I could level an alt to 50 in 5 days. craft all 3 slots to 400 in a single day and have full rakata in 2 weeks of raiding if the drops were for my class (all guilies are full rakata). And if tested I bet I could make Battlemaster in 2 weeks. And yes I have a life. I work 80 hours a week. Plainly and simply put ..game balance is totally off. How off? Way Way Way off imho.

Any chance myself and guildies stick around for 1.2 is based solely off BW's ability to tell us when it is coming and making the 1.2 patch go smoothly and as anticipated.

Grunderbelly

So...what happens when you rip through the content in 1.2 at breakneck speed?

Yeah, and what do adults do if they are given a deadline that is missed? Oh yeah, the freak out, call the company, complain, write letters ect. I suggest you listen to your own preaching here. If you're cool with constant delays that's fine, but you can't say there is no room for people to be angry about 1.2.

Point to where Bioware called a time a deadline for the release of 1.2

I will happily wait for that post where Bioware used the word deadline

2) All datacrons done

Grunderbelly

Could not really be said any better than this ....really

Edited by Akacia

2) All datacrons done

Grunderbelly

This.

But he is right, impatient children that take a comment months ago about what they hope for as release timing as some kind of locked schedule

Far too many people in this thread make a very strong case for Bioware to never share any information with the community on future plans.

The release will come when it does, better to continue to work on it and make it a good release than on some arbitrary and meaningless schedule.

Let the kids whine, and release it when it is ready

People of all ages get impatient at various things.

All companies need to learn to effectively communicate with their customers and better manage expectations. BW is certainly in this category.

So...what happens when you rip through the content in 1.2 at breakneck speed?

That is the sad part is this patch takes months and months to get content that should have released with the game.

THis patch is more fluff then anything with a little bit more content raid/flashpoint/pvp wise (pvp more so with the ranking systems)

Unfortunately even when this releases it will not be enough, not nearly enough for hard core players. Especially when they know the next content patch is likely another 3-4 months away

i really hope it comes soon i had a week off work last week and still its not here but tbh it hasnt made me want to quit the game at all i can understand ppls frustration but like most ppl have said ita a new game so this is expected but on the other hand a little bit more communication from BW to subscribers would be nice something called customer service i think its called lol but hang in there guys it will come thats for sure hahaha Edited by braps

That's not early April, that is mid to end of April lol. Today is the second Tuesday in April, how can they justify hitting it after that? I was really expecting it this week.

Also, you know it really comes down to when your customer's perceive "early April" and not how the company defines it. They are changing their tune now because they apparently ran into more problems then they thought, and they haven't figured out how to debug all this stuff yet. Doesn't mean you get to move the goal posts out and expect people to be happy about it.

You have unrealistic expectations. This is why most MMOs avoid mentioning target dates, even when vague like "early april". Anytime you are woking with millions of line of code there will be bugs, sometimes in a spot completely unrelated to the changes being made. These bugs take time to find, report, analyze, and finally squash. However, you can help with this process by instead of complaining, log into the test server, actually test the game and /bug any problems you find.

Meh, I don't play wow nor have I. Again you do not have to rush to get there. You obviously haven't been paying attention. The entire issue is that they have not sorted jack out in this game since December fix wise.

Maybe you just have selective memory, or maybe you just don't pay attention, but they've fixed A LOT of things since December. Feel free to go back through the patch notes.

You have unrealistic expectations. This is why most MMOs avoid mentioning target dates, even when vague like "early april". Anytime you are woking with millions of line of code there will be bugs, sometimes in a spot completely unrelated to the changes being made. These bugs take time to find, report, analyze, and finally squash. However, you can help with this process by instead of complaining, log into the test server, actually test the game and /bug any problems you find.

couldnt of said it better myself tbh thats the whole point in the PTS :0)

If you're cool with constant delays that's fine, but you can't say there is no room for people to be angry about 1.2.

Sure I can. What delays? What exact date was is it supposed to come out that is has been delayed? Oh yeah, there wasn't a date. Some thing can't be late if it was never actually scheduled for release.

Saying something will probably come out in early April is not the same thing as say it will come out on April X of 2012.

Anyone who wants to know when the patch will come out should try going and playing on the PTR. There are still a lot of glaring bugs. Another week for BW to work on the patch is perfectly fine with me.

Edited by Raila

Point to where Bioware called a time a deadline for the release of 1.2

I will happily wait for that post where Bioware used the word deadline

You hire a contractor, and he says we'll be done in early April. It's not done yet. Tell me what you would think.

You'll be biased based on your last posts, but in reality, you would probably be pretty irritated by now.

I would suggest only the kids who can't wait for Christmas will toss their toys out of the pram to that degree. "Most" players will probably be totally oblivious to the fact that a 1.2 patch is imminent, let alone what is going to be introduced in it. Hell I'm not even at cap yet.....journey not destination etc etc. If you played so intensively to have got to cap with a variety of classes so soon then I would suggest you probably didn't enjoy the game too much anyway as nothing made you stop to smell the roses. Too many people see rushing to cap as a race and in so doing sicken themselves of the game. Those of us left behind on the ladder could care less about your angst. We're too busy enjoying ourselves.

Yeah, you and two other guys...

Maybe you just have selective memory, or maybe you just don't pay attention, but they've fixed A LOT of things since December. Feel free to go back through the patch notes.

Certainly a lot, they have also said they have fixed a lot that is far from fixed. They have not fixed anywhere near as much as they should have fixed........ not even close. You can only bug the same things so many times and get their useless droid response that you give up