1.2 release date?

Hunterofjedi

Would not surprise me if at the beginning of that maint there is a go/no go meeting for 1.2 and if its a go, then all sorts of annoying banners and flashy things appear on the website.

Im betting they had that meeting before pax. But needed it there to have new content release to show off. Hense the slip from james. And the announcement that the maint was website only.

As somone else said in a diffrent post they wouldnt want 2 downtimes in the same week for the game if its avoidable. So throw the launch date up on website do the patch a few days after. That way they keep thier word about letting folks know ahead of time.

And james is right about the next week statement.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware is starting to remind me of Bill Clinton. Now are they arguing as to what the definition of next means? They said "next week" on Friday. That implies that it will come out the on the next Sunday to Saturday weekly cycle, which we are currently in. Now SReid is telling people that we will find out next week?

I enjoy this game alot, but Bioware needs to get their act together or people are going to get tired about the games they are playing.

Bioware is starting to remind me of Bill Clinton. Now are they arguing as to what the definition of next means? They said "next week" on Friday. That implies that it will come out the on the next Sunday to Saturday weekly cycle, which we are currently in. Now SReid is telling people that we will find out next week?

I enjoy this game alot, but Bioware needs to get their act together or people are going to get tired about the games they are playing.

I'm pretty sure it's part of the running joke of his "next week" statement. I don't think it actually means anything. He keeps saying "next week" because he knows he really bothers people and he thinks it's funny.

If they don't have any fixes for people with FPS issues in 1.2, I will unsub. I'm not going to switch to my old GPU everytime I want to play this game.

My new card handles any newer games fine, and I think it goes without saying that I've tried every fix out there.

It's past time to deal with the more important issues, Bioware.

If they don't have any fixes for people with FPS issues in 1.2, I will unsub. I'm not going to switch to my old GPU everytime I want to play this game.

My new card handles any newer games fine, and I think it goes without saying that I've tried every fix out there.

For what its worth ive played on the pts some and so far to me it seems theres been quite a bit of improvement in fps at least on my end.

whats even funnier then the sheer amount of whining, and the small group of people who like to think they're the majority (or are seriously trying to convince themselves they are)....

...is the people who continually come back to the forums and say (for the Nth time), that they're unsubbing, quitting, games sucks, etc. continually coming back to the forums to tell all the people who are enjoying the game how wrong they are, because it simply sucks....yeah....

Ya know...the last MMO that had me fed up...do you know what I did? I unsubbed and stopped playing. i watched a Movie, went outside, took a break from playing, and came back to a different MMO. I didn't cry on the forums...especially for weeks at a time. I unsubbed. politely told the company why I didn't like their game...and went on to the next one.

Y'all must have serious attachment issues...or just really need attention. I'm very sorry that you feel that you have to get on the forums and troll other people and spread your personal grief...but It really is your own issue. deal with it.

If there are real issues, go test them, prove them, and post those results. if you don't like the game, unsub. spare us the emo plz.

Edit: @OrigionalBold - the above isn't about you. you bring up some interesting stuff that I just never bothered to find out about. my comments are directed at the general populace of griefers who rarely post informative information and instead just griped about the game in general.

Best post ever!

I just started a second alt that i've left at level 10 for weeks because i don't wanna put my work into her (inquisitor) until the changes for 1.2 are made.

my biggest concern is all the time i've poured into crew skills and how that will change. i'm about to pick crew skills for my SI and i'm just waiting until they get revamped. I wonder why this release is taking so long.

Having played 1.2 on the PTS, I can tell you the game performs exceptionally well compared to the live servers. On average, I'm getting around 10-20 more FPS on the PTS than I am in the live game.

Im betting they had that meeting before pax. But needed it there to have new content release to show off. Hense the slip from james. And the announcement that the maint was website only.

As somone else said in a diffrent post they wouldnt want 2 downtimes in the same week for the game if its avoidable. So throw the launch date up on website do the patch a few days after. That way they keep thier word about letting folks know ahead of time.

And james is right about the next week statement.

If they'd had it before pax then why in the hell wouldnt they have announced it at pax. Thats perfect pax news.

I agree, the 1.2 update seems to have worked out a lot of fps bugs, but I don't like having to play on the PTS server and not knowing when this update is going to be released (...hopefully sometime in the near future, but I'm getting skeptical of the whole "soon" reply).

I don't like how the update's been hyped up by Bioware and they don't have the decency to just tell us the day they plan to release it. If they need more time to work out a few bugs and want more testing time, I'm fine with it, just don't say that they're releasing it "very soon" and just keep giving us vague responses.

I'm not one to complain on the forums, but it's getting annoying. :(

"switch back to my old GPU"? So your saying your new GPU won't run the game, but your old one will?

This sounds like a GPU/Driver issue and not the game.

I am an avid defender of this game, but the lack of content is getting a bit infuriating.

I found myself so bored with this game this last weekend, that I was considering un-subbing.

We need a breath of fresh air , NOW!!!

This post and your sig, "There is play, or no play; there is no whine" are amusing together. :p

Just wanted to thank the posters in this thread for helping me decide if I want to keep playing this game.

This game will be largely the same post 1.2. If you are growing bored now 1.2 will not do much to change the game.

Edited by Blownglass

We don't know its not here this week, all we know is that's its not launching on Tuesday. Last Friday there were 2 release windows that slipped through.

The 1st was the 10th in a now replaced video, this has been officially denied, but the denial was specific to the lack of release on the 10th.

The second, the slip up has not been denied, and indeed there have been tweets alluding to that answer but not denying it.

As has been mentioned many times in this thread bioware have not felt bound to release on tuesdays.

While it would be a bit far to say that it will come this week, equally its a bit strong to say its not comning this week.

Yeah. We have been repeatedly told that there would be plenty of warning about 1.2. A casual comment in twitter with no statement in facebook or the forums would not be what I would define as plenty of warning.

Tomorrow is the last early April Tuesday!!!!!!!!

Its late this week...and yes I am close to closing my sub due to lack of content at 50, and i also see 1.2 largely not helping this much, but rather putting into gam e what should have been there at launch.

Bioware need to tell us what is com ing up in 1.3 that will be endgame content. I understand that 1.2 has a relatively small endgame dungeon :(

Its late this week...and yes I am close to closing my sub due to lack of content at 50, and i also see 1.2 largely not helping this much, but rather putting into gam e what should have been there at launch.

Bioware need to tell us what is com ing up in 1.3 that will be endgame content. I understand that 1.2 has a relatively small endgame dungeon :(

1.3 will be introducing the HK droid companions. Go to TORHead, they have information.

Its simple, the patch will come out either this week or the next.

Dont be impatient. If it came out 2 weeks ago with a load of bugs you'd be here QQíng how broken the patch was.

Hopefully this wait allows for a stable patch we all can enjoy... and im sure no one will die if they have to wait 1 more week. I know i still got plenty of stuff to do myself.

I am also close to ending my sub, I love the game but am getting bored doing the same stuff over and over. I will not pay for another month if we don't get 1.2 soon.