WZ Ops leader.. Criteria?

Niconogood

What exactly decides who gets to be WZ Ops leader? Cause it just seems so.. well.. random. I thought for a long time it was the one with highest valor, cause I usually was. But then I see alot of people not even being BM get the opsleader over higher ranked. Is it a bug, or are there criterias I have missed?

Its no biggie, its just I kinda like tagging people. Especially in same faction huttball against guildies...

Edited by Niconogood

The person with the highest numeric amount of valor gets leader.

In other words:

Person A is at 30000/48000 valor.

Person B is at 10000/280000 valor.

Person A gets lead, even though person B has a higher valor rank.

In other words:

If that's true then that's just an another example of bad the coding is in this game.

Edit: @Illidor Yes I agree that might be that case, but do we know for certain?

No, it hasn't been confirmed, but it seems to hold true in general, though I can't say I've inspected every person in the warzones I've been in to verify it.

In an interview with a dev, it is stated that it is supposed to be the person with the highest valor rank in the ops, but that's obviously not how it currently works.

To me it seems like this:

8 ppl are decided to join a wz.

The person with the highest valor rank gets ops leader.

If that person ques with a group, the group's leader gets ops leader.

If you are not in the initial 8 ppl selection you don't get leader even if you have higher valor rank. You may still get to join the wz from the beginning since someone may leave queue as soon as it pops up but you don't get leader.

This is based on observation so it's just gueswork

In other words:

This is indeed the way it works. Can confirm this. Tested it a couple times within our premade. The only reason why it appears to often be the highest ranked player is because they have a way longer way towards their next valor rank.

In other words:

I could see this being true. I'm currently capped valor at 45 on my Scoundrel and have been Ops leader every single game while capped.

I'm generally the highest level but we all know (or should) that highest valor rank definitely is not how the Ops leader is decided currently.

In other words:

Yes, this is the way it works. Which is why 90% of the time the higher valor rank is the lead, but about 10% of the time they are not.

The concept of the person with the most valor on hand towards the next level being made leader certainly seems to hold up in my experience.

When I gain a valor level in the 70s, i stop being ops lead for quite a while. In the late portions of my levels though I am lead many times in a row.

BW stated the person with the highest valor rank is automatically promoted to ops leader.

I remember reading that somewhere 2 months ago, but it quickly became apparent this was not the case. I have been in matches where a fresh 50 with valor 50 or something has lead while there are like 5 BM's in it.

So no that was either a flat out lie from BW or its just them having no clue what their game own game is doing.

It's none of your business how they decide. You're just a player, just play the damned game and leave the hard decisions to Bioware.

*points to the combat log as proof*

Its beginning to feel that way, every time you read some news article about swtor there is something like coming from bioware "We feel the needs of our community and acted on it..."

Uhm sorry for example i am going to throw out the the old emote on bike thing.... Yes i will keep repeating this until swtor shuts down because it was stupid and what makes it even worse it still does not work and i never saw anybody ask for it...

Some things BW does do make sense some still do but are implanted in a way that i am like.... Why..... :confused: Others don't make much sense at all and you wonder if BW just sticked their fingers in their ears and went "lalalalalalalalala cant hear you"

Now my lone opinion or that of anybody else does not matter, only when a very large part of the community start asking for stuff do things change... However i sometimes ask myself what part of the community is BW watching.... Anyway my personal way of dealing with it.... I will adept to any changes made by a developer, if for some reason i cannot adept after trying and trying and it takes the fun away for me then i simply leave. Because in the end i am here for one thing and that is to have fun i do not play a game to make money or see it to way of fame as some people make it out to be :rolleyes: