"War Hero" Tier in 1.2

Cyclopean

If you say you "EARNED" Battlemaster before they made it easy does that mean you got Battlemaster before Illum 1.1? Im sorry Valor is a Joke and will be unless Bio actually wipes the zergers valor. No one can say they "EARNED" Battlemaster if you werent Zerging you were Kill Trading. Now they have a legit way to get it easy and you guys want to QQ about it?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of you that are using the argument gear does not equal skill is wrong. The stat increases from champ to BM is miniscule that all it shows me is that someone has taken the time and hones their skill everyday to get gear. Someone not in full champ = having to be carried.

Lastly , god forbid people will be in comparable gear assuming they do well in rateds. Your precious advantage in pubs will be lost , what will you do.

I don't understand how people can look at PvP with this viewpoint. It sounds like you want to have a "level playing field" for PvP and that having people get geared faster is the only possible way to achieve that. Personally I have always hated any type of stat that increases the damage you do to other players, just for wearing it. Getting rid of Expertise is the easiest way to "even" the odds. It's a stupid mechanic that only made sense when the gear that offered it was difficult to obtain. With 1.2 they make getting PvP gear even easier. Not that it was hard to get anyway, but now it's a joke.

Most of the PvP players that are upset aren't upset because Bioware is trying to make their PvP a more enjoyable experience for fresh 50's. They're upset with the way Bioware is doing it. More and more they make it look like the PvP base doesn't matter at all to the over all game. Besides that is the fact that even PvP players like to feel like they accomplished something when they get new gear. If you want to keep Expertise then make it stupid hard to get. Then players would feel like their time was well spent.

Sure, ToR never was and probably never will be a PvP centric game. But Bioware should realize that most of their fanbase plays this game, and any other MMO, specifically for the PvP aspect. If I didn't want to play a game with other people and then compete against other people to see how well I do against other players then I wouldn't pay a monthly fee to play this game. I'd buy Mass Effect 3 or any other game that Bioware has produced in the last decade.

Just because the game isn't designed to center on PvP doesn't mean that you can ostricize that aspect of the community. To me and many other PvP players that's exactly what Bioware seems to be doing. Make our achievements worth something. Make our goals difficult but obtainable. Giving away gear to new 50's does the exact opposite. It flys in the gace of all of the people that had to "work" for their gear in previous incarnations of the system to see some new level 50 in full BM gear because he didn't have to get his Valor rank up, no matter how he did it.

I could be mistaken but don't they plan on having Cent gear purchaseable for credits at a vendor instead of needing to spend comms on it? I thought I saw something like that but please feel free to correct me if that isn't the case.

If you say you "EARNED" Battlemaster before they made it easy does that mean you got Battlemaster before Illum 1.1? Im sorry Valor is a Joke and will be unless Bio actually wipes the zergers valor. No one can say they "EARNED" Battlemaster if you werent Zerging you were Kill Trading. Now they have a legit way to get it easy and you guys want to QQ about it?

No offense is intended in asking this but are you Republic player on your server? I ask because the only people that I have seen ever use this argument are Republic playes unhappy with the way Ilum worked out. More people decided to play Imperial so they were able to form groups to raid Ilum easier. That doesn't mean they cheated and should have their Valor revoked. That's a laughable idea, in my opinion.

Also, to say that NO ONE earned BattleMaster is silly. There are plenty of people who saw the flaws in Ilum and decided to do it through Warzones. For instance, myself. I couldn't run Ilum because of the lag so I have to run strictly Warzones.

Granted I'm not in BattleMaster gear but that's also due to the fact that I stopped playing the game as much.

There is nothing , everyone play rating dont matter win or not , you get the war hero and fast.

Now , they said they will make cute colored versions for high rating people.

So if ya want a exclusive set , ya just get to the high floors of the girly section.

Oh the gear is the same btw , just on another color. Woot!

Which is bad for bad pvpers with lots of free time. We get it.

I would hate this. Prob rage quit the game. I didn't spend all this time earning battlemaster (I ground to BM before they made it easier) just to have everyone and their mom get the new gear that is better than the stuff i worked my *** off for.

If BW is going to tell me that my time invested in the game doesn't mean ****, then I won't invest time or money in the game.

I am sorry getting your buttbkicked is hard work. It is unfair good players easily earned bm gear while you toiled for it.

I would hate this. Prob rage quit the game. I didn't spend all this time earning battlemaster (I ground to BM before they made it easier) just to have everyone and their mom get the new gear that is better than the stuff i worked my *** off for.

If BW is going to tell me that my time invested in the game doesn't mean ****, then I won't invest time or money in the game.

I think when the news breaks and the "general masses of pvpers" find out this drastic change to the game in 1.2, A lot of ppl will feel the same way as you. More so than I think Bioware realizes or suspects.

Could be the straw that broke the camels back IMO.

The benefit of having full Battlemaster gear prior the 1.2 patch releasing is that you will have the highest attainable gear set for entry out of the gate. This should, presuming you're running a skilled rated team, lead you to gaining your War Hero gear more and quickly and advancing in the ladders more quickly as well.

Getting an early leg up on your competition isn't a bad thing, and shouldn't be discounted. What this change does is ensure that you won't always have that leg up just because you started first.

What most of you are forgetting is that you will most likely get significantly less coms for a loss than you will a win and you will most likely get more per win the higher rating you have (that's assuming it works like any other competitive PvP does)

You will not be winning vs full BM teams in entry level gear / cent gear unless they're horrible and I mean horrible.

Personally I think they should put rating requirements on the gear, however you would end up with 100x the amount of complaint threads simply because the majority of players couldn't reach the required rating.

Most of you are completely blowing it out of proportion and looking for a reason to be pissed off about a system that you have no first hand experience with.

Yes. People are delusional in thinking they will just throw ranked warzones and get a full set of gear in three days. Not to mention people who purposefully lose are never good at pvp and they will be in a huge hole their meager skills will never get them out if...

People think it will be like the other tiers. With ratings it makes sense to provide little or no reward for losing. People will eventually find their level where they can win but anyone who just loses will likely make painfully slow progress.

That is just one of the many benefits of rated warzones.

More than likely you will only get coms for winning OR (hopefully both) they will add rating requirements to the gear.

Way to many people are being drama queens about all of this. TONS of people asked for competitive pvp , they give it to us and TONS more people cry about it before even seeing it first hand. Honestly , step back for a minute and imagine how these forums will look if they take the right approach and make it so you only get coms for wins, or better yet if you can only buy gear at a certain rating.

The majority of people that I've seen in BM gear are terrible since it required nothing but time to get, those same people will cry up a storm that their BM gear didn't allow them to pub stomp people and win rateds so now they cant get the new gear. While I would personally find that hilarious, I doubt BW would enjoy it much.

Yeah make it so only win gets comms. Quitting equal loss and the higher your rating the more comms you get for winning.

Mate , atm on the wzs winning or losing means nothing.

I could bet on the fact that , losing will give you comms for the war hero set , just like atm losses give you wz comms.

yeah sure , you will get less , but you will progress for the gear anyway.

Still , this is my bet , i may be wrong , only BW knows.

The only reason you get rewards for losing now is there is no balance.

Elo ratings mean you will end up fighting people you can beat half the time. There is no need to reward losing in that scenario.

I think a lot of you that are using the argument gear does not equal skill is wrong. The stat increases from champ to BM is miniscule that all it shows me is that someone has taken the time and hones their skill everyday to get gear. Someone not in full champ = having to be carried.

Stop typing like a pver

Elo ratings mean you will end up fighting people you can beat half the time. There is no need to reward losing in that scenario.

You don't really think it will really be like that in 1.2 do you?

The nerd rage that would ensue would be enough to melt the sun...

Yeah make it so only win gets comms. Quitting equal loss and the higher your rating the more comms you get for winning.

So if War Hero comes out, and doesn't require any rating, ranking, or valor to wear, and ppl end up earning comms towards the War Hero gear in rated warzones win or LOSE...... And everyone has the gear in less than a month and eats their carrot too soon, will you admit that is a bad idea/flawed system?

Because given the way this game has been going so far with carebear changes in mind this is what I totally see happening.

I could be wrong, and ranking/rating could be a factor to buy and equip gear, and you might only get the comms if you win (I would think that would make more sense), but I highly doubt it.

Edited by Dego_Locc

Even if they did away with gear completely and all PVP was done naked, there would never be balance. You can't balance a game where ppl have different skills. No MMO in history is ever fairly balanced. Only way it could be done is to give every player every skill in the game.

It's the reason no one really ever takes MMO's seriously as E sports, and they are the laughing stock of the E sport community.

Edited by Dego_Locc

I don't mind everyone having access to the same pvp gear regardless of rating, but I don't like how pointless valor is going to be. Even social rank has more value now than valor due to the cool items you can get from social ranks.

They need to give something for high valor ranks other than titles. There needs to be more mounts, pets, vanity items or something. The whole color of gear is sub-par and not very enticing.

War hero is the new centurion folks.

Exclusivity of ranked wz gear will come down the line. This is just the basis to get people rolling.

No, War Hero will be better stated for PVP than BM.

So if anything it's the new BM, with no valor rating needed to wear.

At the moment, gear is the only "bragging rights" of a high ranking PVP player. I guess I would be a little more happy if they gave us other things to show off besides gear.

Just to come correct as a PvPer, my bragging rights are that my toon beats the h*ll out of his opponents and they fear him. Gear is of no consequence in this regard...

Going to get a lot of hate for this, but I don't think it should be hard to get War Hero Gear, Gear=/=Skill.

This. There shouldn't even be PvP gear "tiers". The people who can't let go of their PvP gear are getting carried by it. If they didn't have an advantage via gear they wouldn't be nearly as effective.

In a game as instanced as this stupid one is gear should be removed from PvP, or be extremely easy to attain (ie: 50s shouldn't be hitting a bracket where they're at a massive gear disadvantage, they should have the required gear by the time they get there). Even then the gear should be about finding the best combo of gear for your toon/playstyle, min-maxing it and having the most knowledge about the game. Gear shouldn't be about getting your face pounded in by terribles for days or weeks on end, terribles that that have a massive damage/armor/health advantage over you negating all skill from your part.

But that will never happen because without a "gear grind" treadmill there isn't anything left in these overly watered down themepark joke MMOs.

Edited by getdownsb

This. There shouldn't even be PvP gear "tiers". The people who can't let go of their PvP gear are getting carried by it. If they didn't have an advantage via gear they wouldn't be nearly as effective.

In a game as instanced as this stupid one is gear should be removed from PvP, or be extremely easy to attain (ie: 50s shouldn't be hitting a bracket where they're at a massive gear disadvantage, they should have the required gear by the time they get there). Even then the gear should be about finding the best combo of gear for your toon/playstyle, min-maxing it and having the most knowledge about the game. Gear shouldn't be about getting your face pounded in by terribles for days or weeks on end, terribles that that have a massive damage/armor/health advantage over you negating all skill from your part.

But that will never happen because without a "gear grind" treadmill there isn't anything left in these overly watered down themepark joke MMOs.

If the 4% difference between Champ and BM gear is "carrying" anyone, those getting beat by them need to re examine their play style and stop using lack of gear as an excuse of why they're losing.

I loved pwning BM's with my alt in centurion. Never have that type of challenge again come 1.2 since it will be an even playing field across the board. Some ppl actually enjoyed being the underdog on their way up to the level playing field, instead of having it handed to them at 50. That's what I come to expect from PVP in a subscription based MMO. If I wanted a more "Fair and equal" experience I'd go play an FPS. Oh wait, even in BF3(which I love) A level 50 has better weapons that do more damage than a level 10. You guys go to FPS forums and QQ about level 50 Johnny owning you with a deagle that you can't use yet? No you don't? Then why do it here?

People say "then baddies will no longer have any excuses", well I beg to differ, baddies will always have another excuse to why they are losing, and not sucking. After the 1.2 patch when all are equal, they will then cry for individual class nerfs in droves. To which the devs will cave in and nerf a lot of classes. Game will die. Another game ruined by whiners.

Hell why even have gear in an MMO in the first place? Lets all battle naked.

Edited by Dego_Locc

Which is why all the people who actually want to play PvP will be leaving in masses. A lot of us are really trying to figure this out before we actually hit the cancel button on the portal :(

1. PvP server - why?

2. Open world pvp - many say it is there, but you first have to see someone.

3. Open world pvp - has to provide incentive outside the buzz / trill of the kill. We don't.

4. Ilum - their open world pvp zone lags, was exploited, allowed trade killing

5. Ilum - Guild summit and patch admitted it was broke beyond repair - wz's now complete

6. Gear - patched in to add easier access to pvp gear

7. Valor - patched in to add faster access - nulled what everyone else before accomplised

8. Patch 1.2 - the end of pvp or any form of progression as we know it - only delta is color...

So, since PvP is now dead with no reason to play as well as any lack of sense of conflict can I have the same treatment for PvE gears and/or equipment?

I want to be able to ding 50 on my alt and obtain all top tier gear. I don't want to have to do any dailies or preliminary instances in order to enter said hard modes. I don't want to have to collect ANY datacrons which buff up my stats a bit to better myself.

You fubar'd PvP beyond repair. Now all that is left is to raid so I need gear. I don't care if my whole guild has been raiding for months I should be able to enter said instance, regardless of difficulty, and do equal healing and dps.

How is that?

You didn't "earn" your Bm gear, you invested time to get it that's it, sorry to break it to you.

I had to go back to this statement. I'm just trying to think of all the things in real life that weren't earned because of invested time. Yeah, I know, this game isn't real life.

So let's stick to the game. Answer these questions.

How do I earn better spell abilities?

How do I get better crafting skills?

How do I get credits?

These things weren't handed to me, I earned them. What did I require, more than anything else, to get these things? Take your time.

Lastly , god forbid people will be in comparable gear assuming they do well in rateds. Your precious advantage in pubs will be lost , what will you do.

More and more I see the clarion call by some to modify MMORPGS into nothing more than a multiplayer FPS when it comes to PvP. Removing invested time does just that.