Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Vehicles on the fleet: out of hand!

RamathRS

^this. Just remove vehicles from fleet, or only allow in center hub, and not the outer hub.

Pretty sure that big vehicles would still be in the way of something and at the same time, would be more desired on the longer distance area on the outside.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a popup when you get near the mail box, GTN, etc? Once you’re within, say, 5’ a little icon pops up and you can click that icon to interact with the item or you can ignore it. And of course make an option to turn the icon off for people that don’t like it.

Yes, you can click through vehicles, but it can be a pain in the butt if there’s a bunch of them. This fixes the issue without affecting anyone’s game play, just like interacting through tabbing and the keyboard would.

Gameplay wise, they really don't seem to have any impact, to me anyway... maybe the people on my server are just not that annoying.

I just think the notion of driving a speeder around a space station or other relatively small interior location is ridiculous and takes me out of the RP experience.

Yeah, you can always take the attitude of "hey it's just a game" or "how realistic are light sabers anyway?" ...but come on, there are some things that just seem logical to implement.

You just wouldnt see this happen in a SW movie or book or whatever. It just takes away from the overall atmosphere of the game I think, and you don't really need that if you want to grow the community.

I personally think the larger land speeders look stupid. I have yet to see one I think is cool.

So when some one pops one out and starts jumping up and down and driving in circles to try and look cool I lol in real life at how stupid they look doing it. So imo if you want to look like a complete douche get a large speeder and use it on the fleet.

Edited by TheRainstater

Pretty sure that big vehicles would still be in the way of something...

you see...they 'aren't in the way...you can't interact with them at all. You can still get yer clicky, and can still walk on the exact same path you always wanted to....

the speeder wont stop you.... it cant.

Edited by ArtMonster

The only people complaining are those who cannot afford or cannot obtain the large vehicles. Some day you guys will have your own, so stop crying... :rolleyes:

Wrong. I can afford and have one. I just choose not to be an obnoxious doucher like some that feel they have to show off their virtual toys.

Wrong. I can afford and have one. I just choose not to be an obnoxious doucher like some that feel they have to show off their virtual toys.

I'm confused on who is actually being 'the doucher' in this particular hypothetical situation........

• 3 weeks later...

I will admit I am one of those "douches" that fly my poor car around in the fleet. I paid for it so I can use however I want.

That being said I agree with the auto-dismount idea for when you go to a vendor, terminal or mailbox. That would help clear up space. Honestly, Bioware really should have made the fleet bigger if they give us cars that big, but they are taking them off the market so now only those that bought them can run around and be *****. Also the radius that vehicle cant go in...look around you you would be dismounted every time you pass a damn mailbox on the inner ring..

edit: I see this thread is a few weeks old...and I cant find the delete option.

Edited by ScreamingGhost

I'd rather that when you "mount up" it works as normal, except instead of seeing the mount your run speed is just increased to 110%

Tired of looking at people riding around in their dorky flying SUVs.

I like my dorky SUV though. Though, I have to agree with just increasing the run speed in it.

Please, please ban ALL vehicles on the fleet station. You dont get people on motorbikes at the airports in real-life even skatboards are banned. The speeders in these enviroments are ruining the feel of the game, infact, they just give the show offs and idiots a tool to disrupt and annoy others.

Just adding my vote in the hope we can get rid of this menace.

/signed

People using vehicles/mounts indoors in MMO's has always been one of my pet hates :)

Nothing like having someone in a small bus pull up at the mailbox and make 5 players vanish...

Just give the vehicle owners an appropriate speed-buff in fleet, once they activate their "mount". No need for those huge speeder models to bulldoze around the narrow corridors.

I've got to agree - most tier 3 mounts aren't so bad, but the enormous landspeeders cause all sorts of grief, especially around mailboxes and the GTN, where I also notice a significant drop in fps, which I never have a problem with, even on Ilum.

This.

The problem is that people pull right up on top of the GTN, mailbox, etc and just go freaking afk or sit there forever while they organize their storage.

If you're going to be still for more than a few seconds then it should be common sense to dismount in order to allow others better access.

Then again I've always thought it was rude for these douches to stand inside a quest giver or NPC causing targetting problems for others.

AND lol at the people claiming jealousy. You might want to get out more if you think you've got something envy worthy in game. :rolleyes:

Edited by Criosdh

I personally dislike speeders in the Fleets, however, I also reckognise that people have earnt them and they are a faster mode of transport.

This being said, I cannot agree with the "faster transport" argument when many of the over sized speeders are stationary (usually over the pvp terminal or GTN terminals). When that happens, it is just inconsiderate, nothing more and nothing less. There is no reason to do that, so don't do it.

There is a big defference between enjoying your brand new shinny speeder (which i am sure you went to great lengths to gain), and being an ****hat.

By all means, enjoy your big speeders, use them to impress your guilds and move from point A to point B that little bit quicker. The problem is the fact that you block people from using services they wish to use, if you did not do that, there would not be a thread addressing this problem.

With that in mind, do try to consider how you use your speeder. You may be enjoying it, but there are pleanty of others who simply want to read their mail, you are making this difficult, yes, YOU!

x

I'd be in favor of some sort of time-based auto-dismount. Say, after 5-10 seconds or so of sitting still on the fleet. (If that applied to other "indoor" places too, like when vehicles become usable in spaceports in 1.2, I see no problem with that either.)

Very easy fix. Make it so interacting with the mailbox or GTN dismounts you and you cannot mount back up while those windows are open. Done.

This won't help against those who stand around there just to show off, probably even afk.

Yes. All vehicles should be banned from areas with heavy foot traffic. That means EVERYWHERE on the Fleet. Nobody likes getting run over. Wide open spaces with painfully long walks and irregular traffic - like the space port - forbid mounts, yet cramped spaces - like around the GTN - allow them. Go figure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.