Vehicles on the fleet: out of hand!

RamathRS

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. It's a serious question, one of genuine interest.

Why? I never understood the need to run in circles and jump. Doesn't bother me when others do it but I never could figure out why people did it?

Thanks!

My theory is...

They are bored standing still for a few seconds while the grown-ups chat, so they just fall into rote PvP combat behaviour. They spend so much time running in circles and jumping while playing that the game actually looks strange to them if they're not doing it.

Yes, 100% Agreed!!!

I don't like seeing mounts in buildings at all... perhaps they could offer something more appropriate for inside buildings? (maybe like a Segway?)

"Hey is that a speeder in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?"

While on the topic of mounts, I would also like to see my "Garage" of mounts being tied to my ship or a suitable planet-side location. I don't really like being able to "Summon" my mount from any location. After driving a mount away from ship, I'd also like to leave it parked at a location to come back to for the return trip.

Yes, we Americans do like big vehicles... but we also park them outside when we visit the mall.

i never understood why they were even in the game.

then again i think the actual speed of 'speeders' is a larger complaint to me. the increase of using a speeder over sprint is not large enough and makes speeders seem silly.

i remember the first time i got on a speeder and was like 'yay i wont be slow anymore' ... then i took off and was amazed at how i was barely gaining on someone using sprint right in front of me.

it made the speeder seem lame and broken.

if speeders are going to go that slow i think they should be limited to npc transit points and just give the characters a more powerful sprint when they level up.

would also solve the issue of obnoxious vehicles.

This is getting ridiculous! BioWare needs to ban large vehicles on the fleet. They are WAY too big for such a crowded area.

As more and more people get their hands on one, they seem feel the desire to show it off by sitting AFK right in the middle of the heavies traffic. It is extremely rude.

It is getting harder and harder to target the mailbox, the locker, the GTN with all of these attention-deprived logging the screen!

I understand that a faster travel is nice to have on the fleet, but the use of these huge vehicles is flat out obnoxious.

They need to designate area's around venders, GTN, Mailboxes and quest kiosks as "indoor" areas some how. This way, you could drive through the area close to one (and get a message stating that you'll be dismounted if you stay), but if you sit there, it will auto dismount you as if you entered into a building.

This way, you could still ride around fleet, but you couldn't sit on top of a mailbox when people are trying to use it.

Edited by Galbatorrix

They need to designate are's around venders, GTN, Mailboxes and quest kiosks as "indoor" areas some how. This way, you could drive through the are a close to one (and get a message stating that you'll be dismounted if you stay), but if you sit there, it will auto dismount you as if you entered into a building.

This way, you could still ride around fleet, but you couldn't sit in top of a mailbox when people are trying to use it.

+1. That's a really clever solution.

Edited by GrimAce

I do not want speeders on the fleet. It is a small area and in reality not needed. It is just as quick to run around the fleet as it is to use a speeder.

In space ports that is a different story having to run through coruscant space port loads of times is a pain and a time sink.

Compromise, make the fleet a no speeder zone and open up the space ports.

Those big speeders are just obnoxious and when you have a few of them rezzing around you at one time.. They cause lag.. With such a concentration of people at the Fleet, and half of them on speeders it's no wonder most lag is experienced there.

So please BioWare listen, get rid of speeders at the fleet.

I wouldn't mind a compromise whereby the smaller vehicles are allowed. It's the huge ones that really look ridiculous.

Also, this would retain some usefulness for the lower level vehicle designs.

Edited by Cerion

I say this whole social hub, put everything on the fleet idea is totally absurd and seems based solely on the lame reason blizzard had for not putting housing into the game. the fleet it a total lagfest for my computer and once I can have certain things on my ship I will only pass through there when going to an operation.

so if stress is taken from the fleet, the mounts also might not be that much of a problem anymore.

This is getting ridiculous! BioWare needs to ban large vehicles on the fleet. They are WAY too big for such a crowded area.

As more and more people get their hands on one, they seem feel the desire to show it off by sitting AFK right in the middle of the heavies traffic. It is extremely rude.

It is getting harder and harder to target the mailbox, the locker, the GTN with all of these attention-deprived logging the screen!

I understand that a faster travel is nice to have on the fleet, but the use of these huge vehicles is flat out obnoxious.

Let me guess, you don't have a large vehicle, so now you want those of us who have one punished by making sure we can never actually use them, right?

Here's a solution that's actually a solution: put a barrier around each mailbox and locker that prevents mounts from sharing space with them. Those of us with big mounts can pull up alongside -- but not cover -- the object. Blizzard does this in some places for this very reason.

I'd rather that when you "mount up" it works as normal, except instead of seeing the mount your run speed is just increased to 110%

Tired of looking at people riding around in their dorky flying SUVs.

Yep I agree this is how it should be handled The huge Boats on the fleet is getting out of hand.

I think the real problem are the people who are walking or standing in the fleet's traffic lanes. Seriously, stay to the sides of the bulkheads as designated! I am tired of filling out these incident reports every day!