The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

20% armor pierce or 3% aim?

Braonie

I have been tweaking my build from a rail shot focused build to one that includes thermal detonator. I currently have 3 points in the armor bypass for rail shot for 60% and 2 points in the aim increase for 6%. my question is the extra 3% worth the 20% loss to rail shot. I know that will make rail shot hit harder even though it bypasses less armor and make all my other abilities hit harder especially thermal. I'm just torn since its a 15 sec cd and i can fire off 3 or so rail shots in that time if procs go my way.

Since you can't guarantee a target you'll be fighting is debuffed in PvP, the Armor Pen will outweigh the 3% Aim (in my opinion).

I very much agree, considering you build your whole playstyle around Railshot you should try make it hit as hard as possible.

Ok talking pvp.

With termal detonator spec you accualy better of with the inc crit on fire and tec. Do go for the aim, on the other hand it can be discussed if TD is the strongest pvp dps spec, when you start reach 5-6k crith with 8/6/27 you have enought burst to take even a guarded healer down and with al the cleansing,claoking going on you more often notice good players disarm your termal detonator before they go of.

If you go pvp with TD spec I strongly recomend you to still ake the 20% arp on rail thu, and go 4/6/31. The more crit you get on the TD and fire the better.

8/6/27 I prefer it over TD and I have no issue with burst. But as someone said, if your gear isnt that great yet, go TD. When your gear gets better and you want less lucky bursts, and more beefier hits switch to 8/6/27 or even 8/8/25

8 8 25, much better than TD in my opinion, and I prefer the FB damage to dmg on periodics below 30%

I have to agree, changed to this spec 2 days ago and there is a visible increase overall on skills including RS. Dot damage is high overall and the time people spend Sub 30% is very low especially if they are being nuked down.

The TD build might be a bit stronger with lower AIM, but that is what I am speculating.

aim/railshot damage..why? because you need to imobilize the target to use rail shot. More aim = more damage for skills.

You don't have to immobilize them, you just have to get some sort of persistent effect on them whether bleed, fire, etc.

Edited by Hyfy