When does it get good?

triangulate

I have taken a Concealment OP to lvl50 and full champ (shelved)

A Sentinel to 50 and starting to gear up (new main)

Sage to lvl30 (deleted)

PT BH to lvl30 (deleted)

Commando (deleted)

Out of all of the above i only PvP'ed, no PvE at all apart from class quests.

With every one of them i was always in the top 2-3 (i know everyone says this but this is 100% true) for damage done.

I started a shadow yesterday and started PvP'ing as soon as i reached lvl10 (lvl14 atm) And can honestly say i have never been in the top 3 damage done in a single WZ, i get plent of medals for Guarding but my damage is pretty terrible.... the lowest of any class i have leveld so far by a country mile.

When does it start getting better?

My points are all in Kinetic atm.

Don't neglect your force abilities in pvp early on, you're better off going balance until ~30 or higher though. Upheaval is amazing once you get it.

In my ego inflated opinion it's better off to go infiltration spec until 30 ish

Also, don't delete characters unless you have all your character slots filled. When 1.2 rolls around, you're going to see all the bonuses you would have gotten if you'd kept those characters. It can't hurt to keep them, you'll get legacy bonuses from them, and they might change the class into something you like better later on.

Abandon ship.

Good to see that topping damage charts is all people care about when PvPing. No wonder our team is always losing as republic.

So tired of DPS tunnel vision.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, anyone ever tell you that?

Im not asking to be top damage, i get more medals on my lvl15 Shadow than i do on any of my other toons, just from guard.

I was asking at what level they got better DPS aswell.

Reading comprehension is soooo hard you know...

Edited by triangulate

With every one of them i was always in the top 2-3 (i know everyone says this but this is 100% true) for damage done.

I r no read good.

Doing damage and being at the top of the charts shouldn't be the only goal for playing a toon. Your shadow can sneak over to an objective and turn the tides of a warzone for your team... without doing a single point of damage. Guarding is another great example of how your contribution can help win a warzone without doing damage to another player.

DPS tunnel vision is the idea that you can't stop to think about anything other than doing damage to the enemy. DPS tunnel vision almost never converts into team victories, just personal victories where your e-peen can grow because your video game character's name is at the top of a damage list.

The answer is that it may never get better, and your other classes may always do more dps. If you are that interested in being 2-3 on the damage lists then maybe a shadow tank isn't the way to go.

I r no read good.

Doing damage and being at the top of the charts shouldn't be the only goal for playing a toon. Your shadow can sneak over to an objective and turn the tides of a warzone for your team... without doing a single point of damage. Guarding is another great example of how your contribution can help win a warzone without doing damage to another player.

DPS tunnel vision is the idea that you can't stop to think about anything other than doing damage to the enemy. DPS tunnel vision almost never converts into team victories, just personal victories where your e-peen can grow because your video game character's name is at the top of a damage list.

The answer is that it may never get better, and your other classes may always do more dps. If you are that interested in being 2-3 on the damage lists then maybe a shadow tank isn't the way to go.

Quote the whole post m8.

I said on my other classes i was 1-3 in damage done, but am getting more medals from guard.

I asked if the DPS got better, not to be top three.

PS: You didn't have anything to add to the thread so why post?

Edited by triangulate

Part of your problem is your spec. Kinetic is for tanking and while we can hit hard once we're near the top of the tree we will never hit as hard as the balance or infiltration specs do. The other issue is your current level, which will sort itself as you continue to play.

Part of your problem is your spec. Kinetic is for tanking and while we can hit hard once we're near the top of the tree we will never hit as hard as the balance or infiltration specs do. The other issue is your current level, which will sort itself as you continue to play.

Yeah i starting to get the hang of it now, im playing balance and getting used to staying at 10m and only coming closer for the occasional melee attack.

Im actualy starting to enjoy it.

Tnx again.

I have taken a Concealment OP to lvl50 and full champ (shelved)

A Sentinel to 50 and starting to gear up (new main)

Sage to lvl30 (deleted)

PT BH to lvl30 (deleted)

Commando (deleted)

Out of all of the above i only PvP'ed, no PvE at all apart from class quests.

I started a shadow yesterday and started PvP'ing as soon as i reached lvl10 (lvl14 atm) And can honestly say i have never been in the top 3 damage done in a single WZ, i get plent of medals for Guarding but my damage is pretty terrible.... the lowest of any class i have leveld so far by a country mile.

When does it start getting better?

My points are all in Kinetic atm.

Here you go! Quoted the whole thing, but still don't see anything other than you complaining that your level 14 kinetic shadow isn't doing as much damage as the other classes you leveled.

I added something: telling you it doesn't get better is an answer to the question that you posed.

Just stop trying and play a grav-spam commando or something that will get you the precious damage rankings you require to be gratified.

Here you go! Quoted the whole thing, but still don't see anything other than you complaining that your level 14 kinetic shadow isn't doing as much damage as the other classes you leveled.

I added something: telling you it doesn't get better is an answer to the question that you posed.

Just stop trying and play a grav-spam commando or something that will get you the precious damage rankings you require to be gratified.

Why dont you just **** of this thread?

You are contributing absolutely zero.

Just because you cant wring the best from the shadow doesn't mean it cant be done.

You cant polish a turd so you will always be a bad and have to troll forums for your epeen fix, because you cant do it in a WZ.

Why dont you just **** of this thread?

You are contributing absolutely zero.

Just because you cant wring the best from the shadow doesn't mean it cant be done.

You cant polish a turd so you will always be a bad and have to troll forums for your epeen fix, because you cant do it in a WZ.

Actually, I do "wring" the best from shadow. If I didn't I would be on the forums asking when my tank specced toon would generate more damage.

P.S. Here is a video of how to polish a turd. Cheers.

P.S. Here is a video of how to polish a turd. Cheers.

I may not agree with you on other things you've been saying here (my eyes kind of automatically glaze over rage-filled stuff so I'm not sure), but that post was full of win. Absolutely full of it.

Edited by Philosomanic

Shadows are late bloomers and like others have mentioned if your judging how good a class is based on overall dps in a WZ then Shadows aren't going to get your there. We've all see lvl 10s go into WZs and rack up 200k dps overall but they didn't do squat to help there team.

I may not agree with you on other things you've been saying here (my eyes kind of automatically glaze over rage-filled stuff so I'm not sure), but that post was full of win. Absolutely full of it.

My eyes automatically glaze over any post where someone talks about damage charts or healing charts. If he said he feels like the damage is low and he is having trouble getting kills and wanted some tips that would be one thing. "I am always top damage because I look every game and come the forums if I am not!" is kind of an unpolishable turd.

I think it's funny that people get so mad at other people when they can complain about the damage they do. Is damage done indicative of who wins the warzone? Not necessarily. That be said, it usually helps. Doing damage and completing objectives are not mutual exclusive. I regularly top damage charts on my shadow, and I say that not to brag, but to demonstrate that it can be done while following objectives, as I always go for the objectives first.

If you are on voidstar and you're not defending the empty door, you will do a ton of damage. If you're a dps shadow, you should be off the door killing their healers while your healers and tanks watch the door. On offense, you should be trying to stealth cap the opposite door -sometimes- but other time it's better to be with the rest of your team.

Likewise, in Alderaan, if you have two nodes from the start, it is likely you'll grab a lot of damage done from them zerging one or the other. I'm fact, I have got highest damage in Alderaan occasionally from just the initial fight in middle node and then swapping with someone guarding left so they could get some medals.

Huttball is the one warzone where it can be detrimental to actually kill the other team. That being said, as a shadow, you can kill off enemy sages/sorcs on the upper levels fairly easily, which is necessary if they get the ball. Sure, it's great to say you should be running ahead of your ball carrier for a pass, but you could also be deathmatching it mid for control while your team scores or killing their healers/ball carrier.

TLDR: objects and scoreboards aren't mutually exclusive: often times controlling objectives will give your team higher scoreboard numbers.

TLDR: objects and scoreboards aren't mutually exclusive: often times controlling objectives will give your team higher scoreboard numbers.

It wasn't that long and I did read.

If you need some charts to tell you if you played well ... you didn't.

Quote the whole post m8.

I said on my other classes i was 1-3 in damage done, but am getting more medals from guard.

I asked if the DPS got better, not to be top three.

PS: You didn't have anything to add to the thread so why post?

Actually you did imply that you wanted to be top three. Otherwise why mention it twice, once in the context of your other characters and a second time in the context of your Shadow.

Puzzles me how you expect to be top 3 dps in a tank spec at level 15, then come here to complain and get in a fight with anyone who suggests you might have the wrong focus.

But anyway, if it's the same as Assassin then Shadow will be a late bloomer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.