The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Satele Shan powerful?

Reeny

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Satele Shan powerful?

Her ancestor, Bastila Shan, was really strong in the force.

What about Satele?

Without getting back into comparison threads about "Is Satele Shan more powerful than xxxx", yes she is powerful. The lore does not exactly map out a league table of who is the most powerful Jedi/Sith in this timeline, but Satele is one of, if not the, most powerful Jedi at the time of the Old Republic.

shes weak bro, Beaten by Darth Malgus TWICE.

Once saved from death by her master who Malgus slaughtered

Second saved from a trooper while on her knees with her saber cut in half by Malgus

She aint weak, she DID cleave through like five Sith before she started fighting Malgus in Hope trailer.

She was a padawan at the time of the trailer, right? As a padawan, she stopped a lightsaber with her bare hands? I would say yes, she is strong.

She may have been a Knight by that time, but if she was she had just become a knight less than a month ago. But yea she was most likely still a Padawan.

She's a Padawan in the Return movie, and holds her own quite well.

She's probably a Knight in Hope, where she blocks a lightsaber WITH HER BARE HAND, before proceeding to bury Malgus under a mountain.

Yeah, she's got it.

Only thing I don't like, was that they gave her shatterpoint. I thought it was suppose to be a rare force power, but guess not.

"Rare" doesn't mean nobody has it. It means very few people have it.

Kreia could see shatterpoints, as could Satele, and then... nobody for 3000 years. Mace Windu is the next person to have this skill as far as I know.

Having three (3) people in a 3000-year span who possess a skill doesn't really make it less than "rare". One could even say it's "incredibly rare", until the Skywalker clan of course. Then there are, what, three more within a span of a couple decades? Luke, Jaina, and Jacen could all see them as I recall. Regardless, it's overall very rare indeed.

Edited by Aloro

"Rare" doesn't mean nobody has it. It means very few people have it.

Kreia could see shatterpoints, as could Satele, and then... nobody for 3000 years. Mace Windu is the next person to have this skill as far as I know.

Having three (3) people in a 3000-year span who possess a skill doesn't really make it less than "rare". One could even say it's "incredibly rare", until the Skywalker clan of course. Then there are, what, three more within a span of a couple decades? Luke, Jaina, and Jacen could all see them as I recall. Regardless, it's overall very rare indeed.

I never said that rare means nobody has it, but theres been 9 people that have had the power.

I never said that rare means nobody has it, but theres been 9 people that have had the power.

Okay. Let's say that there are 9 people on Coruscant who can use it...

9/1,000,000,000,000

And then, that's just one planet... The entire galaxy?

I'd say that's pretty dang rare.

Edited by Guildrum

Okay. Let's say that there are 9 people on Coruscant who can use it...

9/1,000,000,000,000

And then, that's just one planet... The entire galaxy?

I'd say that's pretty dang rare.

I know that, but thats not the point. Who's to say over the years, there won't be more jedi/sith who will able to use it?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

She was very skilled in Hope, using the Ataru form against a Darth who was a master of Djem-So and Juyo is extremely brave, not to mention, she was only a Knight, read Fatal Alliance to get a bearing on how powerful she is as Grand Master, cleans the floor with any previous Jedi in the EU.

*She is the decendant of Powerful Jedi .

*She is Grandmaster of the Jedi in TOR . That has to be a honor and alone to tell of her skill and her ability to know and use the force.

*She is a rare Jedi to be able to by hand block a Lightsaber, I do not know if this will go further down the road with blasters and forcelightning .

Is she the most powerful Jedi of this games timeline , I do not know yet . Looks that way so far !

shes weak bro, Beaten by Darth Malgus TWICE.

Once saved from death by her master who Malgus slaughtered

Second saved from a trooper while on her knees with her saber cut in half by Malgus

1 She left the station because she had to warn the Jedi of the Empire coming back . She wasn't "Saved" by her master , although he is the reason she got away . There is no telling how the outcome would have been is she had chanced it and stayed . Her master did kill Malgus master rather easy .

2 She saved the Trooper who then helped her Defeat Malgus , then she left him to die buried under rocks where she put him .

3 Malgus is dead current and she is the Grandmaster of the Jedi .

I have to say though she did have a son with no force connection .

Do not get me wrong , his story so far is good . But coming from a longline of Jedi and having 3 known powerful Jedi in your family would make you think he would be too.

Satele Shan's master gave her son his Lightsaber as he was dieing and said it was his inheritance, maybe he was the father ? I am a little behind in this story

From what I have seen and read so far that it is rare for a Jedi or Sith to give their LightSabers to someone even in their own family that cannot use it . Just food for thought !

Despite midichlorians, Force-Sensitivity is not a strictly genetic phenomena. If it was, the Jedi would (un)breed themselves to extinction over a few hundred years. If the Force has a will, then it must also "choose" who to gift with Force-Sensitivity. It can, but doesn't not necessarily always, run in family lines.

Only thing I don't like, was that they gave her shatterpoint. I thought it was suppose to be a rare force power, but guess not.

Jedi Shadows in this game have it.

Edited by Keja

She is a descendent of Revan. I think she's powerful.

Satele's son is also descendant of Revan and yet he is your ordinary trooper or something like that.

Fact is that she got schooled by Malgus. Twice. First time she was a padawan but malgus was an apprentice. Then she was a knight and Malgus was a darth. First time she almost got cleaved in half but her master intervened and sent her away so that she can spread ther word. Second time she ended up with her lightsaber destroyed and she herself on her knees deus exing Tutaminis to block Malgus's saber with bare hands (which I call a deus ex since while every Jedi learns basics of Tutaminis, she mastered it to the point of blocking sabers while being an ordinary knight).

From what I've seen, the only thing that can proove that she really lives up to "descendant of Revan" hype is that despite getting schooled, she went through like 5 marauders like they were rags and then stood her ground against Malgus who was one of the most powerful Sith at the time after all.

Edited by gibmachine

Satele's son is also descendant of Revan and yet he is your ordinary trooper or something like that.

Fact is that she got schooled by Malgus. Twice. First time she was a padawan but malgus was an apprentice. Then she was a knight and Malgus was a darth. First time she almost got cleaved in half but her master intervened and sent her away so that she can spread ther word. Second time she ended up with her lightsaber destroyed and she herself on her knees deus exing Tutaminis to block Malgus's saber with bare hands (which I call a deus ex since while every Jedi learns basics of Tutaminis, she mastered it to the point of blocking sabers while being an ordinary knight).

From what I've seen, the only thing that can proove that she really lives up to "descendant of Revan" hype is that despite getting schooled, she went through like 5 marauders like they were rags and then stood her ground against Malgus who was one of the most powerful Sith at the time after all.

Well so did Ven Zallow, hell he actually put up more of a fight I think.