The question of the month: Will you keep your subscription up? and why?

Nasq

Saw this - "What did they promise on and not deliver"

Um...pretty sure they said that their game will have "All the modern MMO features" (paraphrasing)

Well, uh, it doesn't. And it still won't have them all in 1.2 because the Devs don't believe in half of them.

Not quitting, just clarifying.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this - "What did they promise on and not deliver"

Um...pretty sure they said that their game will have "All the modern MMO features" (paraphrasing)

Well, uh, it doesn't. And it still won't have them all in 1.2 because the Devs don't believe in half of them.

Well, for starters... please provide the link that quotes them as saying "All the modern MMO features". Whoops.. that's right... you are self admittedly paraphrasing (which means you are interpreting).

Please provide the link for the industry standard specification for "All the modern MMO features". Whoops...there isn't one. There are however millions of players personal opinions as to what it is/is-not and they do not have concensus on it.

Edited by Andryah

Well, for starters... please provide the link that quotes them as saying "All the modern MMO features". Whoops.. that's right... you are self admittedly paraphrasing (which means you are interpreting).

Please provide the link for the industry standard specification for "All the modern MMO features". Whoops...there isn't one. There are however millions of players personal opinions as to what it is/is-not and they do not have concensus on it.

DevTracker Highlights For The Week of August 4, 2011

"We are on the finishing stretches for this game, the first BioWare MMO set in the Star Wars: The Old Republic era. It's a spiritual sequel to the KotOR games and focuses heavily on bringing BioWare story into the MMO space. It features a highly polished and fluent evolution of traditional MMO combat systems. It has the bells and whistles of a modern MMO, it's faithful to the IP and universe it's set in and it features BioWare's signature features such as story, companions, etc."

So yea, you can shove it.

Sure, I will resub. I do not play this game fastfastfastfast, so I have not done everything yet. The rate at which I play means that I have just barely not finished current content before new content comes out, so I always find the game reasonably enjoyable.

The only way that I would not sub is if a new MMO comes out that has a concept I like, an engaging IP, and caters specifically to the crowd of players that enjoys NOT having anything spoon-fed (no threat meters, no indication of what mobs ago and when or why, simple but not advanced combat macros, multi-player weapon/skill combos, long and hard boss fights that take lots and lots of practice to figure out, and then even more practice to master once you do figure it out, etc.)

And then, only if I can't afford two subs.

In short, this game is amusing for what it is, and exactly what I expected it to be.

Again, just because I really want you to see this -

Dev Tracker August 4th, 2011 -

"We are on the finishing stretches for this game, the first BioWare MMO set in the Star Wars: The Old Republic era. It's a spiritual sequel to the KotOR games and focuses heavily on bringing BioWare story into the MMO space. It features a highly polished and fluent evolution of traditional MMO combat systems. It has the bells and whistles of a modern MMO, it's faithful to the IP and universe it's set in and it features BioWare's signature features such as story, companions, etc."

I repeat, you can shove it.

I'll continue to play. Why?.....Because I still enjoy the game. Maybe not all facets, but enough to keep playing.

For those that don't, cool. Just go whine somewhere else. If you like Angry birds, you play it. If not, do you go to their forums and moan? If your argument is, "I pay $15 a month so I'm entitled!!". YOU pay $15 a month. YOU... can also STOP paying $15 a month. If I don't like mushrooms on my food, I don't order it or pay for it.

With that being said, you also have the ability to express your displeasure about the game and/or parts of it. Just be constructive and adult about it. There are some things you like in life and you do them, there are some things you don't like so you stop doing them. If you have a choice, choose to do what you like. There no need to waste your time talking/thinking/complaining about things you don't like. Judging by the amount of whining, it appears more and more 2 year old children are literate and know how to log onto forums these days.

Again, just because I really want you to see this -

Dev Tracker August 4th, 2011 -

I repeat, you can shove it.

Did she see it yet? I wonder if you had to look really hard to find these old Dev quotes cause of the the Dev team trying to hide all their old lies from pre-release by wiping the old forums & always erasing old posts off the Dev tracker? These guys hardly want to be held accountable for anything they've said in the past.

Me & Jeramie Crowe are still waiting for REAL appearance customization & for an orange item mod system that actually works as intended, yet he's entirely happy with the game & I'm a total hater. I don't know what in the Hell is going on anymore... :confused:

Edited by Tricky-Ha

I have already unsubscribed.

The reason? I am the only player on my server at times. I thought I was playing a MMO.

Do I want to reroll to a populated sever and redo all the quests? No, I do not. I enjoy the toon I already leveled up. Redoing the same quests is not entertaining to me due to their linear approach.

Roll an alt? No thanks. I tried them all to the teens and I play the one I prefer.

Will I come back? Probably not.

What could entice me? Being able to move my leveled and geared toon to a server with people on it.

Where am I going? Outside. The snow looks nice today.

Did she see it yet? I wonder if you had to look really hard to find these old Dev quotes cause of the the Dev team trying to hide all their old lies from pre-release by wiping the old forums & always erasing old posts off the Dev tracker? These guys hardly want to be held accountable for anything they've said in the past.

Me & Jeramie Crowe are still waiting for REAL appearance customization & for an orange item mod system that actually works as intended, yet he's entirely happy with the game & I'm a total hater. I don't know what in the Hell is going on anymore... :confused:

I'm assuming she did and has nothing to say. I'm also assuming that if she does post, it will be a semantics argument over what a bell and whistle feature really is and "just because I want it, doesn't mean others do" etc.

Darthhater has them all archived, thank God. Their search function works pretty well too.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/16417-devtracker-highlights-for-the-week-of-august-4

Edited by Frostvein

I'm assuming she did and has nothing to say. I'm also assuming that if she does post, it will be a semantics argument over what a bell and whistle feature really is and "just because I want it, doesn't mean others do" etc.

Darthhater has them all archived, thank God. Their search function works pretty well too.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/16417-devtracker-highlights-for-the-week-of-august-4

Good ol' DarthHater. Much love for thems. :p

I am still having fun. I have a 6 month and unless there just ends up not being people to do endgame with I will keep it up.

I like the alts as well so if I am not able to do endgame and have leveled through all the stories then maybe I would reconsider- all in all though I am still having fun. :D

I've just re-subbed for April to test 1.2 but I absolutely don't plan on re-subbing for this game in May. BW had its chances and the time to produce a quality game and they've failed on multiple fronts.

Lollermittens - BM Assassin Tank (Full Rakata).

Poopin - BM Marauder (Full Rakata).

Wound in the Force - PvP West.

REAL appearance customization is finally coming in 1.2. Finally any appearance you want in game with no stat hit. That has me stoked!

REAL appearance customization is finally coming in 1.2. Finally any appearance you want in game with no stat hit. That has me stoked!

It's still a heavily over-engineered and messy system when placed next to a simple A-tab. I wonder how long before bugs begin to creep in and start causing problem.

It's still a heavily over-engineered and messy system when placed next to a simple A-tab. I wonder how long before bugs begin to creep in and start causing problem.

I'm so sick of a simple a-tab it's not even funny. Ever since AdeptStrain first implemented it way back in SWG, I wished that I could actually actively CUSTOMIZE, instead of just magically wear a piece over the top of another piece through a UI function.

That day has finally come, and I'm stoked. Is it "instant gratification"? No, it's not, but it never should have been in the first place.

No

Was about so cancel my sub until 1.2, only to notice it renewed the day before it :/

Even after 1.2 i think the game will last another month, theres just not enough content in 1.2 to keep players going, and the boring part in the core is still there.

Basicly everything gets boring and repetative extremly quick in TOR and the little content there are, you finish in 1 month

When D3 and TERA is released, alot will quit. When Secret World is released, a little bit more. If Mechawarrior Online some more, and when GW2 is released, loads will quit.

None of the games might be the best games ever, but right now, theres nothing else then SWToR to play.

Edited by SeloDaoC

I'm so sick of a simple a-tab it's not even funny. Ever since AdeptStrain first implemented it way back in SWG, I wished that I could actually actively CUSTOMIZE, instead of just magically wear a piece over the top of another piece through a UI function.

That day has finally come, and I'm stoked. Is it "instant gratification"? No, it's not, but it never should have been in the first place.

What was wrong with it? In that game you could still customize your equipment, but you weren't having to customize it around appearance. The two would be separate. Same as would be the case here in TOR.