Need a good Annihilation spec

KLoVVN

Im leaning towards this so far http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIrR0RMfGz.1

but really all the talents in annihilation are so useful. It's like the most OP spec ever.

If you are aiming for PvE survivability, you missed the impact berserk has, and the bonus of quick fury building can bring. Move the rupture slow into the extra fury on rage spender.

Also, if you aim at taking down champs, the CD reduction on Cloak of Pain is very useful. Coupled with defensive form and the rage building on Cloak of pain, you can be a very sturdy DPS on a very interesting rage pool, and be quick on the Berserk.

@OP

Dual wield mastery is nice, but shouldn't take priority on the functionnality defensive form and cloak of carnage bring. Especially for solo pvE. If you mostly PvP, its another game tough.

Somewhat of a defensive spec: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRr****zZhMrZo.1

Great spec with most fights that has a lot of AoE Damage which are most fights in SW:TOR

Highest DPS spec : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRr****zZhMbZh.1

The extra 6% on bleed crits are well worth it

Only viable for Infernal Council Fight, if you have defensive stats on gear :): http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100rIbRr****zZhMbZo.1

Take ya pick

Edited by Vinadin

My PVP spec: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrRdfGzZdMM.1

My PVE spec: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRr****zZhMMZh.1

The beautiful thing about Annihilation is there is no 1 ultimate spec. It has such differing talents that are all extremely useful in their individual niches. Everyone will have their own opinions on which is best, my only advice is to try them all for yourself before passing final judgement.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrRMfGzZuMb.1

That's my build for pvp.

I'm still undecided. While Hunger is a great way to mitigate damage I find myself in regular need of applying crippling slash to hinder a target from fleeing.

While I often have enough rage to apply it I'm still not sure whether it would be a great way of convenience to apply a slow with rupture vs the added mitigation by crit heals once I hit a certain amount of HP. Yet Hunger applies also while in Beserk (thus increasing the amount healed). Hard for me to decide between Seeping Wound and Hunger :/

Edited by Notorious_Khalen

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrRdfGzZhMb.1

Every single talent above deadly saber is completely necessary in my opinion. Short fuse is one of the keys to having 30 stacks constantly, must have. Many people ignore phantom, and I find that insane. Instant 45s cd 3 sec immunity to everything is amazing. Can time it for Thermal dets, react to rage smashes, or just go invincible for 3s for your healer to get set. Phantom is unbelievably good, solo and in group play. Ferocity.. absolutely necessary. Predation makes you not get kited, be able to run away, get to objectives first, let your healer kite around los with a train on them.. etc. 1/2 Close Quarters is all you NEED.. There's times where it'd be just a little bit easier to have 2/2, but that's a no-go with enraged charge.

Psh, you could have asked me in game...

Anyway, the one I'm running with right now is http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRr****zZhGb.1

Edit: where the stars are in the link is supposed to be o M f G, without the spaces obviously.

The accuracy from Narrowed Hatred lets you swap out enhancements in your gear, and the extra rage from Enraged Charge lets you do an opening of Force Charge > Deadly Saber > Rupture > Annihilation, without having to force an Assault in the middle of it. There are several other good builds here: http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Annihilation-Watchmen-Compendium

Edited by Vegettopk

This is the only spec for PvE purposes.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/marauder/#::efefe4fe4fe5f4ef8efef15ef8

you'll be charging onto bosses for more rage gained so you want the 0 yd charge. You'll want enraged charge since you'll be want 4 rage every 12 sec instead of 3. DW mastery and the extra fury when attacked is very nice.

You don't need ferocity, subjugation or seeping wound. The extra 30% speed in predation? you shouldn't be using predation in raids/operations except for specific situations. waste of two points. You won't be interrupting more than every 10 seconds, and obfuscate doesn't effect bosses anymore, waste of points.

6% crit for your dots and yellow damage from malice an ok place to put points, but when it comes to the last points in the tree you either choose 31/8/3 or 31/3/8...

either get the 2 pts in enraged charge or get 2 pts in vicious strike crit. But malice deserves 3 of your talent points simply because you won't get any more pve effectiveness elsewhere.

I do agree with the guy above me, if you could get the 3% accuracy then you could swap out pieces of accuracy gear but that's assuming you have optimized enhancements to do so.

If you don't have at least 108% white accuracy for bosses, get the 3% accuracy in the carnage tree instead of malice. enjoy! :)

Edited by Vakyoom

Yes that talent certainly does help. Again the last 10 are pretty much up to your discretion.

If i would take defensive roll i'll probably end up 31/10/0 with the last point in accuracy so i could re-allocate an enhancement. Could put 1 pt in malice but i'd rather get that crit enhancement so i get crit for my white dmg too. Very interesting...

Always good discussing these things as it opens new windows and enlightens everyone. :)

Edited by Vakyoom

Yes that talent certainly does help. Again the last 10 are pretty much up to your discretion.

If i would take defensive roll i'll probably end up 31/10/0 with the last point in accuracy so i could re-allocate an enhancement. Could put 1 pt in malice but i'd rather get that crit enhancement so i get crit for my white dmg too. Very interesting...

Always good discussing these things as it opens new windows and enlightens everyone. :)

That pretty much contradicts you saying the spec you linked is the "only" spec, wouldn't you agree?

Here is the spec I use for PVE and PVP:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrRzsGzZhMMZh.1

I recently switched out 2 points in Enraged Charge for 2 points in Defensive Roll. I find the AE damage decrease is worth a little more to me than the 1 extra rage from Force Charge. I notice the missing rage in PVP more than PVE. I also used to PVP without Subjugation (I had 2/2 Close Quarters and 2/2 Phantom instead) but I find the extra second on interrupt is pretty useful.

I LOVED Phantom. Being able to stealth and run through fire without taking any damage in Huttball was nice. Even nicer was being able to negate the Force Push/Force Leap/Smash combo by Juggernauts. Hitting Camo right after the Leap and before the Smash = saving yourself 4-5k damage taken, and puts Smash on cooldown. But in the end, I realized that the bigger benefit, to me, was the shorter cooldown on my interrupt, since I kill healers/casters more than Juggernauts.

As mentioned several times, there is no ONE spec that is 'required' for optimal PVE or optimal PVP. Anyone who tells you differently is flat out wrong. Perhaps that will change when there is a way to parse damage. There are some talents that are almost 100% required, but there are others that are very situational. For now, do what works best for you. Trial and error helps, as you figure out your play style. Not all Marauders play the same.

That pretty much contradicts you saying the spec you linked is the "only" spec, wouldn't you agree?

Here is the spec I use for PVE and PVP:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrRzsGzZhMMZh.1

I recently switched out 2 points in Enraged Charge for 2 points in Defensive Roll. I find the AE damage decrease is worth a little more to me than the 1 extra rage from Force Charge. I notice the missing rage in PVP more than PVE. I also used to PVP without Subjugation (I had 2/2 Close Quarters and 2/2 Phantom instead) but I find the extra second on interrupt is pretty useful.

I LOVED Phantom. Being able to stealth and run through fire without taking any damage in Huttball was nice. Even nicer was being able to negate the Force Push/Force Leap/Smash combo by Juggernauts. Hitting Camo right after the Leap and before the Smash = saving yourself 4-5k damage taken, and puts Smash on cooldown. But in the end, I realized that the bigger benefit, to me, was the shorter cooldown on my interrupt, since I kill healers/casters more than Juggernauts.

As mentioned several times, there is no ONE spec that is 'required' for optimal PVE or optimal PVP. Anyone who tells you differently is flat out wrong. Perhaps that will change when there is a way to parse damage. There are some talents that are almost 100% required, but there are others that are very situational. For now, do what works best for you. Trial and error helps, as you figure out your play style. Not all Marauders play the same.

at least i use separate specs for pve and pvp... why would i want to waste points in subjugation for PvE purposes? I wouldn't but you would it seems.... but i wouldn't dare PvP without that talent.

Wait wait, so you're really actually choosing things over close quarters?? That seems silly to me, what about that talent seems optional... To go annihilation without getting the 0 yd charge... what could be more important... People still feel the need to get hungering AND seeping wound which is silly. You're missing the rest of the things in the tree... I'd rather get ferocity and phantom for pvp instead of healing 20% of my health over 15 sec. That's a single grav round crit(or the 2nd/3rd grav round dmg)

If you're gonna PvP you should at least use something like this for annihilation...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIMRrkrfGzZhMZ0M.1

You need the close quarters, phantom, and empowerment (i've tried 1/2 empowerment for about a day and i missed those early annihilates thanks to extra DoT-tick rage) do have the kind of utility that warzones demand on tap. If you need to immobilize the guy with the huttball right in front of you in the fire, you'd either pick carnage spec or use your close quarters. What about fighting a healer, baits you with the longer cast heal for your disruption then comes back with the short heal right afterwards... you interrupt that with the charge and you're that much closer to killing that healer.

I pick ferocity because nothing is as intimidating in PvP as a marauder who is doing 3k (unbuffed with stims/trinkets)white hits while moving 80% faster than you. Plus scoring the ball is so incredibly easy when you've got 10 sec of 80% move speed then you pop Fervor and then predation immediately after for the goal.

And as far as your snarky one spec comment goes, i already stated that the last 10 points are to be put where you see fit, but what you apparently didn't notice is that the original 31 pts in annihilation never changed. And marauders can still spec however they want to sure, but you will see the good ones using certain specs and other ones missing out on key talents or trying to do warzones and operations optimally with the same spec. You'll be missing out on something if you really want to be best at both because it can't be with the same spec.

Edited by Vakyoom

at least i use separate specs for pve and pvp... why would i want to waste points in subjugation for PvE purposes? I wouldn't but you would it seems.... but i wouldn't dare PvP without that talent.

Wait wait, so you're really actually choosing things over close quarters?? That seems silly to me, what about that talent seems optional... To go annihilation without getting the 0 yd charge... what could be more important... People still feel the need to get hungering AND seeping wound which is silly. You're missing the rest of the things in the tree... I'd rather get ferocity and phantom for pvp instead of healing 20% of my health over 15 sec. That's a single grav round crit(or the 2nd/3rd grav round dmg)

If you're gonna PvP you should at least use something like this for annihilation...

You need the close quarters, phantom, and empowerment (i've tried 1/2 empowerment for about a day and i missed those early annihilates thanks to extra DoT-tick rage) do have the kind of utility that warzones demand on tap. If you need to immobilize the guy with the huttball right in front of you in the fire, you'd either pick carnage spec or use your close quarters. What about fighting a healer, baits you with the longer cast heal for your disruption then comes back with the short heal right afterwards... you interrupt that with the charge and you're that much closer to killing that healer.

I pick ferocity because nothing is as intimidating in PvP as a marauder who is doing 3k (unbuffed with stims/trinkets)white hits while moving 80% faster than you. Plus scoring the ball is so incredibly easy when you've got 10 sec of 80% move speed then you pop Fervor and then predation immediately after for the goal.

And as far as your snarky one spec comment goes, i already stated that the last 10 points are to be put where you see fit, but what you apparently didn't notice is that the original 31 pts in annihilation never changed. And marauders can still spec however they want to sure, but you will see the good ones using certain specs and other ones missing out on key talents or trying to do warzones and operations optimally with the same spec. You'll be missing out on something if you really want to be best at both because it can't be with the same spec.

I am aware that using the same spec for both PVE and PVP is not optimal, but I don't feel like paying for a respec every other day. I have both full BM and full Rakata gear, so it it hasn't been a huge issue. When the e-peen meters come out and I MUST be at the top of the list, perhaps I'll pay for a respec every other day, but for now, I am ok with the spec I have.

As far as the rest of your comments, again, you're trying to say some things are facts when they are just opinions. I'd say about 50% of Annihilation Spec'd Marauders use 2/2 Close Quarters. It has its uses as an interrupt, but it's not a must-have. Neither is Ferocity. In fact, I'd say a vast majority of Marauders do NOT use Ferocity. Sure, the run speed & +def you get from Predation are both nifty, but I'd rather spend my 30 Fury on Berserk or Bloodthirst. If I have the ball, I will use Predation, but pretty much every other time I have 30 Fury, I am using Berserk.

I typically start out a Huttball by hitting Frenzy about 40 seconds before the match starts. When I am running down the last ramp, I hit Bloodthirst, pop my trinkets, hit Cloak of Pain and lay waste to the middle. I don't carry the ball that often, thus TO ME, spending 2 points to increase my run speed is pretty pointless. I'm not saying you're wrong if you have the talent, I'm just saying a) it's not for everyone and b) it is certainly no more mandatory than Close Quarters.

I do find it funny how you talk about all the stuff you NEED, yet when you post a PVP build, you have Seeping Wound and Stagger, and do not have Malice (and you have 1/2 in Subjugation, even though you said you wouldn't "dare" PVP without it...). Are you just not that concerned with doing damage, even though you are a damage-dealer? I could understand MAYBE dropping Malice if your argument was "well, Berserk provides 100% crit anyway" but it doesn't even sound like you use Berserk, since you prefer to "intimidate" them to death with your blazing speed.

Edited by PenoNation

If you're in full BM gear and really truly feel the need to have 6% crit instead of more utility somewhere then by all means, do what you gotta do. If you feel the need to pop berserk to kill a guy, go ahead. I do it every so often in 1v1 scenarios where i'm fighting someone i won't kill with ease. But i usually don't need to have that extra crit from malice or berserk to kill an opponent, so i don't get it. That's the opinion part i discussed earlier.

However dealing damage is not my only job in warzones... i'm a ball runner, a defender, the guy who charges in vs 4 people in mid so my team can cap the side unopposed. I'm not just there to do damage, i'm there to help the team win.

i never once said that you need ferocity btw, i do however pick it for intimidation purposes and no one can run away from me in pvp. i don't need berserk to get my kills and predation just lasts so long. I get to the republic's side node in civil war just as they're starting to cap the turret and i'm in charge range.

Close quarters may seem like a choice to some people but if you realized the utility you'd never live without it. immobilizing that guy right in front of you in the fire to get the ball back. Or immobilizing that gunslinger before he goes around the corner to stop your buddy from bombing the door.

If you don't think you need close quarters and think malice is super important for pvp then i can say no more. i do my job better than 95% of other marauders, i've met 5 who actually play on my level. This isn't me bragging or trying to sound egotistical i'm being honest and i'm trying to help new players. The fact of the matter is i just don't get beaten by other marauders that don't outgear me severely, and i'm battlemaster now so that's about to be in the past too.

My spec wasn't always optimal but i've taken the time to refine it and why wouldn't you feel the need for a 0yd charge, 100% damage reduction for 40sec and of course, while being optimal, extra move speed is always nice.

Nothing like 20 combined seconds of 80% run speed increase to score the winning huttball point. And if they all die because they can't run away then i guess that is pretty intimidating, isn't it?

Edited by Vakyoom

Any spec without Hungering for PvP is absolute fail