Anyone else bored already?

Thorbrand

2 days in and I don't have the desire most MMOs give to play. Usually I am trying to skip work or training to game. Just to easy of a game with no real challenging content.

I mean who is even listening to the VO. I haven't seen EA started and still feel like I am wasting time having to space bar though it.

Now I know a bunch of Fanbois are going to flame but hey I paid for it also!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's too bad the gameplay was kept so secret that you were tricked into buying a game you don't like....

Oh wait, no it wasn't. This may be the most hyped game this century. Everyone who wanted to got a chance to play the beta. There are literally THOUSANDS of Youtube videos showing what gameplay is like. The complete voice-over of this MMO has been very widely advertised. If you knew all of this (and there is no reason you shouldn't have) and you bought the game anyway, it's on you. And seriously? Hundreds of hours of questing, incredibly balanced PVP, PVE instances from the very beginning, crafting, light side/neutral/dark side alignment....and you're bored after two days? How much of that could you possibly have done? Anyway I bet you can still get your money back, it's not even December 20th yet.

For the record no. I'm not bored yet.

I am having a blast, haven't been this excited about an MMO in years to be honest.

Playing a Bounty hunter and loving the story, yeah it isn't super hard or anything but it's the story that i am loving, i have played every MMO out there and have never gave two cent's about the story line until now.

All theme park MMO's are easy, don't see any diffrence with this game, wasn't exspecting it to be hard, for me that will come at end game with world pvp and raiding.

I really hate to hear you are bored already, try not to worry about getting to 50 and soke up the story, that is what this MMO is supose to be about.

This is the first MMO to feature voice acting for nearly every single quest and NPC, and you repay them for their hard work to give you that by skipping through it all and not listening to it? Please withdraw your pre-order, we don't need ungrateful people like you in this game.

Well I guess I would be bored too if I skipped all the voice acting. If you do that then its just running around killing stuff, etc. with no point to it. Whats the fun in that (other than looking at the cool effects)? I guess leveling, getting items, and talking to friends?

It's a "role playing" game so for me its been great to work through the story, play the character choices with the way I think my character would react, etc. Some of those moments have been great especially considering you cant save and re-load).

I am so glad its not grind grind grind. I don't even think about the levels at all because I am having so much doing all the other stuff the levels just keep building naturally. To me that's the way it should be.

Opposite for me. The game isnt overly difficult but the story and voice acting is amazing. WoW bored me incredibly, but SWTOR has kept me playing for hours and hours a day for the last few days. Each class has a great story so I want to play throough all of them.

I am currently switching between Bounty Hunter and Jedi Knight. my BH is level 17 and my Jedi Knight is lvl 12

played during 3 test weekends, when i started playing again on tuesday I had to so many of the same quests over....I was not even close to being bored, if you want a challenge, get rid of your companion, try hammer station with 2 people, play PVP. DON'T SKIP THE STORY!!

my advice: try a different class or faction. to really enjoy this game, you need to enjoy your story. in beta i played a trooper first and i was so bored, that i wasn't going to play swtor at all.

a few friends joined into the beta later and convinced me to play some on empire side. had a blast with bounty hunter and sith warrior, story wise. now i cannot wait to get into the game. i pre-ordered late.

Wow, so if you dont like fish, buy a fish sandwich, then say "man this fish sucks"..who's the idiot?

If you dont like games with a lot of VO and an involved deep story then why did you buy this game? WTH is wrong with this picture?

For the record, I LOVE the VO. Even after being in beta for months I still listen to them all. They are one of the BEST parts of this game! My BH just hit 30 this morning and I an having SO much fun!

Side note: If I like fish, does that make me a "fish fanboi"? Fanboi has got to be one of the weakest insults. Thats like saying "i know you are, but what am I"...please.

As the others have stated. There is nothing new about this game except for 2 big things. VO and an engaging story. You are skipping the best elements of the game, no wonder you aren't impressed by it. It's like buying front row tickets but you decided it would be better to sit in the back to get out before the crowd and complaining your seats were bad.

Sounds like the OP got burnt out during his previous MMO, and is trying to throw the blame on this game.

As others pointed out; if you skip the story, you are skipping 50% of the game.

This is not a normal MMO. This is a BIOWARE mmo. That means very heavy emphasis on story and lore.

If you aren't interested in that, then of course you will find this game bland and dull.

If you are already bored it might be time for you to stop playing MMORPGs completely. It appears your attention span is so short that you have completely lost the idea that it is a ROLE PLAYING GAME. RPGs have a story. If you can't kick back and enjoy the journey, you won't enjoy the ending.

2 days in and I don't have the desire most MMOs give to play. Usually I am trying to skip work or training to game. Just to easy of a game with no real challenging content.

I mean who is even listening to the VO. I haven't seen EA started and still feel like I am wasting time having to space bar though it.

I'm just curious....but did you read anything about this game before you bought it?

It's well known that Bioware went with a story heavy MMO for TOR.

If story isn't your thing....you are probably going to be really disappointed because that is the focus of this game.

...really?

Wow.

Kind of a pointless post, don't you think?

I guess I just fed the troll though by responding.

It's up to you how you play. I am sure if you mentioned this before EGA many people would of told you that this game is not for you. You chose to ignore them and that is fine it is your money to spend how you want.

I don't understand how someone can be bored after two days in. The amount of content is absolutely mind-numbing...And i am not even talking about the environments (graphics and design..)

I can't wait to leave work to get back to "my saga"....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.