Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

fendergibson

Just wanted to inform bioware that tons of the members of several pvp guilds on my server are quitting after the news that rated warzones will be the new valor grind, except any requirements at all. One large pvp guild also disbanded yesterday.

Now I wonder, who's idea was it that "rated" pvp, would not mean squat? All they are doing now is seperating normal warzones from rated warzones, even if they will basically be exactly the same, just that rated will give better free gear.

I will cancel sub and prolly play my month out like 80% of my pvp guild already have, but pvp just gets boring when there is nothing worth "working" for by playing organized.

High warzone rating = no rewards worth mentioning, A LOT more effort.

Low warzone rating = the same rewards as high rating, a lot LESS effort.

Endgame pvp gear worth working for = None.

Chance of getting bored from lack of worthwile "goals" pvp wise: High.

You failed with Ilum, and now you fail with this. Both had good potential.

Clickers and backpeddalers that run around playing rambo in pvp with no tactics in their head should NOT be awarded 100% as much as those who put more effort in it and play organized.

Just like hardmodes gives better rewards than story mode in pve.

Hey OP if this is so bad and everything around you is failing please by all means.

Give your ideas and tell us what are the things you would think make the game better? What would make it fun? Instead of saying everything is dead failing or dying.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 40+ members in my PvP guild atm, everyones hyped up for rated and starting to form into 8 man teams. I also know of people that quit who will be returning once 1.2 is released. Anyways, if you enjoy the game, stay. If you don't, leave.

Just wanted to inform bioware that tons of the members of several pvp guilds on my server are quitting after the news that rated warzones will be the new valor grind, except any requirements at all. One large pvp guild also disbanded yesterday.

Now I wonder, who's idea was it that "rated" pvp, would not mean squat? All they are doing now is seperating normal warzones from rated warzones, even if they will basically be exactly the same, just that rated will give better free gear.

I will cancel sub and prolly play my month out like 80% of my pvp guild already have, but pvp just gets boring when there is nothing worth "working" for by playing organized.

Clickers and backpeddalers that run around playing rambo in pvp with no tactics in their head should NOT be awarded 100% as much as those who put more effort in it and play organized.

Zomg no plz dont go. Oh I knew it this game is SO DEAD. Without you and your pvp guild there will prolly be like 10 people left in game. QQ

Hey OP if this is so bad and everything around you is failing please by all means.

Give your ideas and tell us what are the things you would think make the game better? What would make it fun? Instead of saying everything is dead failing or dying.

*chuckles*

There have been ....literally....1000's of people telling bioware since Oct 2008 how to do PVP. But BW in their infinite wisdom and long history of making PVP and Multiplayer games...ignored the masses and did it their way....

*shrugs*

FailWare screwed the pooch and ignored the players...and their subscription base is paying for it....enjoy SWTOR when it is F2P by christmas.

Would you be able too deal with a 2% or 4% advantage or would that ruin PvP for you?

If it's a 2% to 4% advantage, why would you even want the advantage at all at the cost of having your victories perceived as hollow?

Why not opt for another visual reward to say "I'm better than the rest" that doesn't effect your performance and damage the spirit of the game?

Hey smart guy.

The reward is GETTING BETTER RATINGS. Progressing your personal RATING, or TEAM RATING, with your teammates fighting EQUALLY SKILLED opponents is the reward. Is the progression. Were you honestly counting on fighting premades of undergeared people because you are valor 70 or 80 and would have access to tiers of pvp gear above everyone else thus giving you an advantage you require to beat opponents?

What you are crying about is not being able to just grind warzones endlessly so you get to a valor rank higher than fresh 50's. Thus making you unable to kill people.

If you were ACTUALLY good at this game, then you wouldn't care. You would be thinking "Man, I can't wait to get on my ranked warzone team, show off my skills and get high ratings by being better than my opponents." Not: "I'm quitting because everyone can get the same gear as me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Ranked Warzones are not about the gear. It's about the competition. Good players know this.

Well said, all pvp'ers have killed or been killed by lesser/better geared peeps, it's the skill that counts as u say :)

BW needs 2 remove the "free" armorments from wz's as now Ilum is totally empty :(

Edited by Jaegert

Again, the gear stat gap was minmal, you make it sound like us BM's are gods compared to the easy to get champ gear.

On my alt's I can beat some BM's with centurion gear so.......

Make a mountain out of a mole hill some more.

Whatever... the diff between cent and bm gear is a lot and if you dont think so you need to use a calculator.

I guess I havnt calculated all classes so I take it back... but for warrior class the difference between are pretty big. The upgrade from cent to champ essentially doubled my effectiveness in WZ.

Looking at the BM gear Its about to go up again. One peice may be considered a "minimal" upgrade but you change out all your pieces I would classify that as a "considerable" upgrade.

Edit: Kinda got off topic... Im all for bolster or similar effect to put all players on level playing field. I also dont mind if all rewards are cosmetic or vehicles etc. I also dont care really if they have gear progression because Im gonna get it regardless lol.

Edited by dirtyv

If it's a 2% to 4% advantage, why would you even want the advantage at all at the cost of having your victories perceived as hollow?

Why not opt for another visual reward to say "I'm better than the rest" that doesn't effect your performance and damage the spirit of the game?

The question is why are you trying to change the nature of people?

Its quite simple, people want some kind of progression. Its what they as paying customers want, its futile to come here and try to change their morals with regards to pvp. If they will be satisfied with gear that is like 4% better than whats wrong with that? Theres no point sitting down and trying to convince them that all along their ideals of gaming are wrong. Especially when the reality of MMOs are that people play for progression of some sort.

Im sure you realize as I have said before, MMOs do not atract competitive pvpers who simply want to pvp for the sake of it. This games pvp is nothing awesome, its just entertaining at best. People want that carrot on the stick to keep going. If they want fair, fun pvp, there are just several other games that do it better.

And hey lets face it, as I have said before, this games graphics are pretty bad. The art design on armor is poor, and there is very little pride in the gear people are wearing. Most people even look the same, so a "different color" concept for gear is just sooo bad. Perhaps something like a cool aura as someone mentioned, maybe different hues of glowing red/purple etc for high ranked empire players, and blue/white for republic players.

But as it stands the rewards are just weak, and its hard to argue against this. Honestly this game had so much funding. On the other hand a game like Guild Wars that came out in 2005 was hosting cash based prizes, real incentives for people to play and be competitive. I am not here to fanboy Guild Wars or GW2, I am simply offering a different perspective and pointing out that the reality is this game is falling short. If they even took out 2 million from their 200-300 million budget and used it for cash prizes for pvp across a year long season this games pvp would be blooming.

So.....I just dinged 50 (actually, I didn't, but for arguments sake bear with me).

I want to be able to raid a hard mode instance now. I don't like the gear disparity between my guild members who have worked for weeks or months doing previous instance difficulties or learning the encounters. I want to be able to enter, now, tonight. Furthermore, I want to be able to do equal amounts of healing if that is what I spec, or equal epeen flexing dps. Better yet, I want to be able to tank that SOB. Yeah, that is it.

Not only that, I want to be able to drink the red color cherry flavor kool-aid that gives me all the datacron stats that my fellow guild mates spent countless hours on. I don't want to have to do all that jumping, riding a balloon for 45 minutes on Tat, I don't want to do any of that. I just want to be able to raid tonight, right here, right now, after just hitting level 50.

Or - let me spin it this way...

1.2a patch release follow up.

All forms of raiding and instances drop the same gear. The only difference between difficulties is the armor color.

Now MR and MRS PvE'ers - how will that keep your interest? Will that work? All you guys and gals who spend countless hours raiding for the next piece of shiny armor or tier gear how do you feel if the only difference is the color?

You don't take fresh 50's or any other end game level avatar to a raid without having them prepare. They prepare by gearing up in earlier instances, collecting datacrons, crafting gear, and buying stims. Then once they reach your REQUIRED GEAR / ITEM LEVEL then you bring them to the party for a try out.

Why do you continue to dumb down PvP so that everyone is equal? They are not. There has to be an incentive to play. STAR WARS doesn't have that. That is why people are leaving. There isn't a weekly web portal with stats for bragging rights. There isn't any abilities tied to valor ranks. Valor ranks are so easy now because you guys/gals cried they mean nothing. Only difference in gear is Color - woohoo.

So now your PvE content is nothing different than color. Lets see how long you play.

1.700.000 players - 30 that quit the game yday = 1699970 Left that will play PvP in swtor while you look at our videos on youtube.

BAI GUISE!!!

Let them quit. I'd rather those type of people were not in the game to start with. Warzones need to be competative and not all about geeks who play 24/7 and have the best gear.

Having those people is what makes the game competitive. I'd rather you not call them geeks just because you can't play half as good as them.

1.700.000 players - 30 that quit the game yday = 1699970 Left that will play PvP in swtor while you look at our videos on youtube.

BAI GUISE!!!

Most people play swtor for PvE. PvP is a small subset and BioWare doesn't really care about those players. They money and longevity is in PvE. Besides, it is easy to balance PvE content.

Scripted NPC's don't come to the forums and cry.

Most people play swtor for PvE. PvP is a small subset and BioWare doesn't really care about those players. They money and longevity is in PvE. Besides, it is easy to balance PvE content.

Scripted NPC's don't come to the forums and cry.

Lol *** makes you think that Bioware doesnt care about PvP? Delusional selfish player is delusional

Prove it.

All PvE gear is now equal with the only difference between the tiers is color.

Check mate.

PvE gear doesn't have expertise, and 50% of the gaming population pvps.

Hardly checkmate. Come in to a Warzone in full Rakata. Will tear you apart.

Edited by LucisAbyssus

Lol *** makes you think that Bioware doesnt care about PvP? Delusional selfish player is delusional

What makes me think?

Easy.

1. Top 4 or 5 classes are imperial

2. No incentive to play

3. Client can't handle more than 16 people in a 2x2 box

4. Can't abort a imbalanced warzone properly - lower side always looses with exception of hutball

5. Valor rank is moot

6. Lack of "ANY" progression or incentive

7. World pvp = zero. No valor on PvP contested zone kill - only Ilum

8. Ilum - win / kill trading

9. Ilum - client performance

10. Ilum - Patch drop, exploits, zero rollback, instant imperial BM's abound

11. Bioware - We didn't expect PvP to be so popular but we think it is because it is cheaper to enter PvP than it is to enter Pve...

Want me to go on? No matter how you try to slice it you can't work around the crap we have been delt. If you play on republic side you are outnumbered 3 to 1 easy. Some servers may be better some may be worse. They totally blew Ilum so bad that they basically removed it. Can't argue that now can you?

If you honestly think people will engage in PvP without any incentives then more power to you. Nothing I say will change that. But let me ask you this. If there is no difference between PvE gear do you think people would raid?

PvE gear doesn't have expertise, and 50% of the gaming population pvps.

Hardly checkmate. Come in to a Warzone in full Rakata. Will tear you apart.

Prove your 50% number.

I don't PvE. My point to you, and others, is that no incentives will leave your warzone empty.

What makes me think?

Easy.

1. Top 4 or 5 classes are imperial

2. No incentive to play

3. Client can't handle more than 16 people in a 2x2 box

4. Can't abort a imbalanced warzone properly - lower side always looses with exception of hutball

5. Valor rank is moot

6. Lack of "ANY" progression or incentive

7. World pvp = zero. No valor on PvP contested zone kill - only Ilum

8. Ilum - win / kill trading

9. Ilum - client performance

10. Ilum - Patch drop, exploits, zero rollback, instant imperial BM's abound

11. Bioware - We didn't expect PvP to be so popular but we think it is because it is cheaper to enter PvP than it is to enter Pve...

Want me to go on? No matter how you try to slice it you can't work around the crap we have been delt. If you play on republic side you are outnumbered 3 to 1 easy. Some servers may be better some may be worse. They totally blew Ilum so bad that they basically removed it. Can't argue that now can you?

If you honestly think people will engage in PvP without any incentives then more power to you. Nothing I say will change that. But let me ask you this. If there is no difference between PvE gear do you think people would raid?

The funny thing is I agree with you. How ever, that doesnt mean that Bioware doesnt care about PvP, they just arnt smart enough to make it work.

I think the biggest problem is that they cater PvP to Casual players who whine on forum.

Your delusional conspiracy theory doesnt get you anywhere how ever.

Prove your 50% number.

I don't PvE. My point to you, and others, is that no incentives will leave your warzone empty.

Same conversation you pulled the bioware quote out of, is the same conversation Bioware gave the 50% statistic from.

-dances-

And no, it wont. See how this works? :D There are still incentives to pvp, and will be when 1.2 comes out.

Edited by LucisAbyssus

Whata deranged reason as to why PvE is way more important than PvP. Who the hell let you out of your cage?

Sugar - you miss the point.

Pve is progression based. You have to do things before you can do the next level of difficulty, agreed?

People have been complaining that there is a huge disparity to enter PvP and warzones. So Bioware made some changes to make people happy. However, people are still not happy and want more. So in 1.2 we now have zero difference outside of color for rated and non rated. Yeah?

So the question is easy. If PvE gear was treated as PvP gear is who do you think would actually do heroic, or even nightmare? Would be a moot point, yeah?

You actually see this in WoW now. Most people do 10 mans in higher difficulty because it is easier, less people, damage, etc. And more content is cleared using the LFR tool because the encounter is tuned differently.

Just saying. Color isn't going to do anything for people who want to PvP or some form of incentive. If they want a ELO rating they can get that by playing chess...

Because, as has been said 300 times in this thread, MMO's are progression games. It's fun leveling, it's fun getting new gear and it's fun getting new abilities. This is why they dont start you at level 50.

I dont find the victories hollow. There are two factions, both sides are never perfectly balanced. The classes are not perfectly balanced. My teammates are not perfectly balanced against the other team. There are usually as many battlemasters on my side as the other. If I have a 1v1 against a lesser geared and win I know I had an advantage. If I have 2-4% more stats then him I do not feel it hollows the victory. I will play against people with better and worse gear, I can deal with that, both are fun.

So if they leave moderate gains for progression in the game it will not ruin anything. Jeez, look at 10-49, its tons of fun and the 11's have half the power of the 49's.

Edited by richardya

The funny thing is I agree with you. How ever, that doesnt mean that Bioware doesnt care about PvP, they just arnt smart enough to make it work.

I think the biggest problem is that they cater PvP to Casual players who whine on forum.

Your delusional conspiracy theory doesnt get you anywhere how ever.

Well, we agree somewhat then. Good enough I guess.

Beverage on me.