1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

fendergibson

the problem is that while i agree that the rewards should be given based on your rating i dont agree that the rating should be the ONLY freaking thing you get.

Cause plz , cars colors and that other crap does not count.

What is the point of playing to be the best , if all you get is NOTHING.

The point of playing to be the best is to give yourself that sense of accomplishment, You, through all your hard work and practice have become the best. You did it. I wrestled 4 years in high school to become the best, and I placed first place at our CIF playoffs (I did not make state) and got...what... a gold medal with a ribbon strapped around it. So I was the best in my region and got basically a shiny, but you know what I was damn proud of my accomplishment. I didn't go crying to the county complaining I didn't get enough reward for my first place achievement. I became, or tried to become the best for me, and only me. Not for some dumb reward. I guess if all people do things for are only if they get rewards then... hell, we should all re-roll bounty hunters lol.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PvP in SWTOR is basically crap. It is from the start and will be same after 1.2.

Valor/bag grind will be replaced by rated grind - in the same PUG as before.

Therefore for me it is easy: /canceled

You have 7 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

GL to all who enjoy SWTOR - unfortunately I am not.

PvP in SWTOR is basically crap. It is from the start and will be same after 1.2.

Valor/bag grind will be replaced by rated grind - in the same PUG as before.

Therefore for me it is easy: /canceled

You have 7 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

GL to all who enjoy SWTOR - unfortunately I am not.

Good luck finding a "hardcore" pvp MMORPG out there!

I would just like to thank Bioware for trying. Whether you like the PVP or not, you have to admit that they're trying. I've never made an MMO, but I'm sure it can't be easy to satisfy over a million and a half people. I play casually, about twice a week, because I know the first year of this game is going to be rough, and I personally have enjoyed myself. I don't know how things are gonna turn out, maybe Free to Play then death, maybe five million subscribers, no one can say for now. But it is more than clear that they are trying to make this work. I'm not asking that you stop subbing, stop crying, or even stop yelling, just thank them for what they have tried to do. If you feel you are incapable of even that small decency, then please just quietly unsubscribe, and allow those of use who remain to enjoy what we have in peace.

Good luck finding a "hardcore" pvp MMORPG out there!

EVE Online - game where you in theory can loose everything can't be more hardcore. Only MORE hardcore could be Face of Mankind if game would be little more interesting. Mostly because in FoM you have perma death if you run out of clones.

I'm not asking that you stop subbing, stop crying, or even stop yelling, just thank them for what they have tried to do. If you feel you are incapable of even that small decency, then please just quietly unsubscribe, and allow those of use who remain to enjoy what we have in peace.

They won't go quietly. First they will make 105,378 posts on the forum (same few people by the way) about how casuals want to be given everything for free. Then they will make 361,116,767 posts arguing that they deserve the gear for putting in more time than wtfcasuals. Then they will threaten to cancel, together with every single one of their 541,126 guild members and 31,506 guilds who are all outraged at Bioware's being "casual"-friendly, and how "hardcores" are the only ones keeping MMOG's alive. After that, they will continue to troll the forums by suggesting that they will switch over to GW2 on launch and how it will be wtfsomanytimes better than SWTOR.

EVE Online - game where you in theory can loose everything can't be more hardcore. Only MORE hardcore could be Face of Mankind if game would be little more interesting. Mostly because in FoM you have perma death if you run out of clones.

How about D3 hardcore mode? That will work too if its anything like D2's hardcore mode. I hope all these outraged "hardcores" do move on to D3's hardcore mode. I really do.

This.

For some reason people think that they need to get better gear then everyone else in order to pvp.

These people are bad.

In b4 "I don't care what others have, I just want character progression" argument.

The old wow vice where everyone plays for *********** shiny items instead of *********** playing the game... It's what killed warhammer, well that and their inability to merge servers until very very late.

PVP'ers are definitely not the minority, have you guys ever queued lol? Problem is the bad ones.

Your right there, on the other side of the coin - I think think the EVE PvPers will get the new system, cos they are Evil bastards who pvp mostly for the kill and the thrill of the hunt.

Im pretty sure that everyone has noticed from time to time while leveling up that there is at least 1 person sitting in a corner or hiding during the entire WZ match. Or the person is purposely running towards death the entire time. Those people are using the "time in game" to get rewards that should only be given to the pvper that actually worked for the win. Then they go out and say they earned the gear and are using the advantage to "roll fresh 50's". I personally like the fact of ranking because now that person that is standing around doing nothing and not contributing will never see a piece of good gear unless they wise up and start playing.

The idea of also reducing the rewards for killing as opposed to completing objectives I like very much. Too often you will see a team in Hutt Ball just trying to rack up kills and ignoring the ball. (but I only think it should be placed on Hutt Ball). In Voidstar the more kills I have means the less of you will reach the doors to complete an objective, same in Alderaan lol.

As far as who is better in WZs......I have seen brand new level 17s run through a warzone and come out on the top of the player list at the end of the match. As for the 50s going against each other and calling it a "Gear War" well frankly it is. If you dont have the gear you wont win much. But it makes you a better player because you learn to look for the mistakes your opponent makes in order to get that WTH moment.

I havent played in open world pvp on ilum yet but from what I hear of this kill trading I dont like. Since when do Sith and Jedi work well together (i will need book proof for this)? Also since when do waring factions say oh just kill us and let us do the same and we will worry about who won later?

PvPers a minority? Maybe only the ones that only pvp, but there are tons of people that pvp to get gear to complete class quests, or level up.

Bottom line the people that have uber gear should have been people that really earned it all along. And hopefully in the future it will stay that way. Im not grinding (and yes being an active part of each WZ) warzones for 4000 WZ comms (3k to be turned into 1k mercenary comms) just so I can get 1 Battlemaster comm for nothing. And when I hit 60 valor I can suit up and show off what I EARNED.

Edited by studioking

Bottom line the people that have uber gear should have been people that really earned it all along. And hopefully in the future it will stay that way. Im not grinding (and yes being an active part of each WZ) warzones for 4000 WZ comms (3k to be turned into 1k mercenary comms) just so I can get 1 Battlemaster comm for nothing. And when I hit 60 valor I can suit up and show off what I EARNED.

Yea, this is ridiculous, you shouldn't even be able to do this until your 50 atleast... Having just turned lvl 50, fresh of the bat, and full equipped with no lvl 50 vs 50 experience is absurd.

But then again, they believe its fair to have free stuff... theyre lazy and dont want to earn, love to see them in real life, I bet they all cry alot.. commmmmmmmmmmmies like I said above.

Just wanted to inform bioware that tons of the members of several pvp guilds on my server are quitting after the news that rated warzones will be the new valor grind, except any requirements at all. One large pvp guild also disbanded yesterday.

hah if a guild disbands because of something like that they shouldnt ever have been a guild to begin with.

They are. At launch the population was 60% PVE vs 40% PVP server filled.

actually what kind of server were more filled says nothing about what people like more to play. the kind of server is only about open world pvp and being open to ganking (which isn't really possible with such a LOWserver limit for players and the map design where the two faction nearly never meet!)

They said recently that 50% of playerbase do PvP on daily basis. So...no.

Doing PVP is not the same as being a PVP player on a PVP server. I am the typical PVE carebear so many decry, but I did warzone for fun. I only count , as most people do, people being on a PVP server, as being PVP player. If you are on a PVE server and do warzone you are NOT a PVP player.

40% whereas the other group is 60% is by all mathematical definition I know a minority. They are less than half the other (PVE) more than half.

so if 40% of PvPers are angry, theyre voices won't be heard????? please, if 40% of the governments representives were against him, he would step down.. so please...

Edited by TehHoneyBadger

actually what kind of server were more filled says nothing about what people like more to play. the kind of server is only about open world pvp and being open to ganking (which isn't really possible with such a LOWserver limit for players and the map design where the two faction nearly never meet!)

Oh please. Look up launch statistic : from all MMO offering PVE and PVP server the PVP server are always lower in number and population. This is not the first game where this happens, and PVPer are always trying to coopt other population in their group.

Heck the grandpa of this discussion were the MUD and later UO where player were *forced* to be into PVP. The bottom line is that most people on MMO do not like open world PVP, but do not mind sport-like PVP. Denying that by coopting as "PVPer" people which are actually PVEer at heart won#t change that fact.

There is a good reason why for 1 MUD which had PKing , you could find 10 MUD/MUSH/MUX which had a PK flag. There is a good reason why PVP server are always a minorty to PVE server, and there was a good reason trammel was added to UO.

There are a few game which thrive on open world PVP, like EVE, or Guildwar, and survive.

so if 40% of PvPers are angry, theyre voices won't be heard????? please, if 40% of the governments representives were against him, he would step down.. so please...

Nobody said that, don#t make up a strawman. We were discussing whether PVEer or PVPer are minority or not. they are. Whether that means their complaint should be less heard or more heard is anotehr matter.

Anyway confusing a business (a MMO) with a government is not really making sense as the priority and duty toward the minority are not the same. In fact a private entity can decide to completely disregard and stamp ou a minority if it make a business sense. Note that I am not saying the case here as ignoring 40% of your customer would be stupid, but it is a balance between how many you lose, and how much it would cost to keep them.

Oh please. Look up launch statistic : from all MMO offering PVE and PVP server the PVP server are always lower in number and population. This is not the first game where this happens, and PVPer are always trying to coopt other population in their group.

did you actually read my post?

did i denied the fact that pvp servers where lower populated? NO!

i wrote about your conclusion from this fact!

The bottom line is that most people on MMO do not like open world PVP, but do not mind sport-like PVP.

this is what i wrote.

you were claiming that pvp'ers are a minority but yet your only argument is about OPEN WORLD PVP'ers.

that is what i wrote above.