NEW GEAR PICS: Out With the Old

Starglide

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's iconic... yes it blows.

Iconic of what? O_o

No one in Star Wars is known for using armour resembling that, the only iconic armour in SW is Vader's and the Storm/Clone trooper armour and except for some Warrior and most Trooper non-set items(unfortunately) nothing in the game resembles those.

I have to agree here about the Smuggler. The gear looks pretty damn ugly. I really like the look of the rest of it though. The Inquisitor gear styles look to be going a little overboard but I can't deny how sick they look.

Iconic of what? O_o

No one in Star Wars is known for using armour resembling that, the only iconic armour in SW is Vader's and the Storm/Clone trooper armour and except for some Warrior and most Trooper non-set items(unfortunately) nothing in the game resembles those.

Iconic in the designer's eyes but IMO the gear would fit better other games than a SW setting. Sadly

That THING. On a smuggler's had. Take it off, and make designer who did THIS wear it 24\7.

I love it. It looks so brutally stupid, I think if I wore that I'd just giggle constantly while playing.

It's not a good looking design, but on the other hand it does inject some (intentional?) levity into the game.

Iconic in the designer's eyes but IMO the gear would fit better other games than a SW setting. Sadly

Hm, yeah I guess it makes sense. Well mmo gear freakshow should stop I'm sure I'll be using regular oranges from 1.2 to eternity after seeing the direction they're taking with it. A bit sad, hope for new "Star Wars" items in the future.

I hate the look of the PvE Trooper gear, and am waiting for 1.2 to allow me to pull the mods over to my Electrum Onslaught set. But that Space Marine set? COUNT ME IN! You can't be Republic Special Forces without having at least one set of Space Marine-looking armor!

Much better improvement for all the Republic except maybe JK. Not too happy with the shoulders and the rest of the set is 'ok' I guess. Not horrible but I like the current ones better.

Empire looks badas as always.:mad:

Oh and Smugglers head gear looks weird too but well ... you cant top a ninja/cowboy hat :p

Edited by MasterKayote

I do have a Consular, actually.

... in raid gear? You like the "Skate Ramp Shoulders"? The golden neck brace? I dont even know what to call the hat other that 'horrible'.

You actually think the new ones are worse?

:confused::confused: to each their own I guess /shrug

Edited by MasterKayote

Keep in mind you're not going to be able to wear that gear if you min max at all, you'll need to be wearing crafted orange gear. I'm more interested in their models if there's any additional recipes in 1.2

That's not correct. The guild summit panels talked about how people can re raid drops and learn a pattern for a custom piece with the same texture.