How not to suck at pvp....common sense tips...

Chancellare

How not to suck at PvP…

I am a Valor 74 Sniper, and I spend the majority of my time in pug warzones. I constantly am losing games because of people on my team who are just plain bad when it comes to the common sense factors of warzones. SWTOR is a good game in the fact that 1 person cannot win a match for entire team, but unfortunately it means you are dependent upon people who 90% of the time suck. So I thought I would make this quick guide with just some common sense tips for not sucking in warzones.

Huttball.

1. The objective of the game is to take the ball and score points. The objective of the game is not to stand in the middle, or if the ball is running up the left side to stand on the right side, and try to kill as many as you can. Help or kill the ball carrier!
  2. If you are trying to kill the ball carrier and he has 5 other people beating on him, and his health is not going down, STOP, find the damned healer and stop him from healing! Knock him down! Interrupt him, send him flying, I don’t care, just stop the damn heals!
  3. For the love of god, when the enemy has the ball in the pit on your end, DO NOT stand on the flippin edge! There is NOTHING you can do on the edge to the ball carrier that you cannot do IN the pit itself! Standing on the edge allows Knights, Warriors, Vanguards, Powertechs to jump to you!!!! GET OFF THE EDGE OF THE PIT YOU DUMB SOB!!!!
  4. If the enemy has the ball on your end of the court and there is a member of his team standing on the edge of the pit….KNOCK HIM DOWN!!!! Don’t though get to where you can be seen by the ball carrier! Knock the jerk down, then back up and GET INTO THE FLIPPIN PIT FAR AWAY FROM THE CARRIER!!! (See tip 3)
  5. If someone from the enemy team is running towards one of the healing power ups, STOP HIM, and STEAL it. Even if you are at full health! Chances are great that if you are dumb enough not to stop this person charging to the healing power up, you are not smart enough to beat him in a fight! So don’t let him get it!

Voidstar

1. Again simple….defend the doors, or try to open the doors…..it’s not fight in the gosh darned spawn area!
  2. KILL THE HEALERS! Doesn’t matter if you are attacking or defending the healers need to die.
  3. WATCH THE FLIPPIN DOOR AT ALL TIMES!! I don’t give one rat’s *** if you are fighting someone and his health is at 1%, if there is a person on the door, STOP ATTACKING THE GUY YOU ARE FIGHTING AND HIT THE DUDE ON THE DOOR!!!
  4. For the love of Allah pay attention if you are attacking. If you see one or two enemies that are CC’d and someone from your team is opening the door, DO NOT BREAK THE CC!!!! Wait til the CC breaks and immediately CC them again!
  5. If you are defending, and the enemy team opens a door, immediately stop fighting in the room or hallway you are in and run directly to the next checkpoint. By fighting in the room that you were just in, you are giving the enemies time to get to the next checkpoint, open it, and rinse and repeat! GET OUT OF THE ROOM THAT WAS JUST BEAT!
  6. COMMUNICATE! If you are defending the east side, and you are alone, and you see 6 people coming! Say something THEN!!! Not after you get destroyed!

Civil War

1. Don’t attack the same target again and again and again. Chances are good if you didn’t get it the first 25 times, you aren’t going to get it the 26th time. MOVE ON!!!! BUT, do it intelligently…..have 2 or 3 people attack a different turret, pulling defenders off the one, and then attack it again. Confusion is key!
  2. PAY ATTENTION TO THE TURRET! The turret isn’t at the entrance to the tunnel, its not on the trail on the way to the turret, its on the raised platform! FIGHT THERE *******! And watch the turret, if someone is turning it, stop whatever you are doing and attack them!
  3. Communicate! See 6 in voidstar….

Just some basic common sense hints….hopefully this becomes viral and people add more, so these idiots who just plain suck at PVP can get better!!!!

Edited by Chancellare
Crybabies...

Yeah, and if you screw up even once some jerk like this will be sure to let you know how bad you are.

And then they will rage quit.

If you really want to HELP people l2p. Why don't you try giving advice without all the elitist "i never screw up- it's always my team that fails" attitude.

You make good points....but your presentation sucks IMHO

Yeah, and if you screw up even once some jerk like this will be sure to let you know how bad you are.

So true. Every time a side starts to fall behind, there is always one guy that can't handle it, and starts to scream about fail. Like earlier tonight, this guy screamed, "you suck" to everyone in the wz. We were behind at 240, but we ended up getting all three turrets and held them for the last 150+ points.

Kids need to settle down and realize that you aren't going to win them all, and sometimes the deck is stacked against you.

How not to suck at PvP…

I am a Valor 74 Sniper, and I spend the majority of my time in pug warzones. I constantly am losing games because of people on my team who are just plain bad when it comes to the common sense factors of warzones.

SWTOR is a good game in the fact that 1 person cannot win a match for entire team, but unfortunately it means you are dependent upon people who 90% of the time suck. So I thought I would make this quick guide with just some common sense tips for not sucking in warzones.

Huttball

• The objective of the game is to take the ball and score points. The objective of the game is not to stand in the middle, or if the ball is running up the left side to stand on the right side, and try to kill as many as you can. Help or kill the ball carrier!
  • If you are trying to kill the ball carrier and he has 5 other people beating on him, and his health is not going down, STOP, find the damned healer and stop him from healing! Knock him down! Interrupt him, send him flying, I don’t care, just stop the damn heals!
  • For the love of god, when the enemy has the ball in the pit on your end, DO NOT stand on the flippin edge! There is NOTHING you can do on the edge to the ball carrier that you cannot do IN the pit itself! Standing on the edge allows Knights, Warriors, Vanguards, Powertechs to jump to you!!!! GET OFF THE EDGE OF THE PIT YOU DUMB SOB!!!!
  • If the enemy has the ball on your end of the court and there is a member of his team standing on the edge of the pit….KNOCK HIM DOWN!!!! Don’t though get to where you can be seen by the ball carrier! Knock the jerk down, then back up and GET INTO THE FLIPPIN PIT FAR AWAY FROM THE CARRIER!!! (See tip 3)
  • If someone from the enemy team is running towards one of the healing power ups, STOP HIM, and STEAL it. Even if you are at full health! Chances are great that if you are dumb enough not to stop this person charging to the healing power up, you are not smart enough to beat him in a fight! So don’t let him get it!

Voidstar

• Again simple….defend the doors, or try to open the doors…..it’s not fight in the gosh darned spawn area!
  • KILL THE HEALERS! Doesn’t matter if you are attacking or defending the healers need to die.
  • WATCH THE FLIPPIN DOOR AT ALL TIMES!! I don’t give one rat’s *** if you are fighting someone and his health is at 1%, if there is a person on the door, STOP ATTACKING THE GUY YOU ARE FIGHTING AND HIT THE DUDE ON THE DOOR!!!
  • For the love of Allah pay attention if you are attacking. If you see one or two enemies that are CC’d and someone from your team is opening the door, DO NOT BREAK THE CC!!!! Wait til the CC breaks and immediately CC them again!
  • If you are defending, and the enemy team opens a door, immediately stop fighting in the room or hallway you are in and run directly to the next checkpoint. By fighting in the room that you were just in, you are giving the enemies time to get to the next checkpoint, open it, and rinse and repeat! GET OUT OF THE ROOM THAT WAS JUST BEAT!
  • COMMUNICATE! If you are defending the east side, and you are alone, and you see 6 people coming! Say something THEN!!! Not after you get destroyed!

Civil War

• Don’t attack the same target again and again and again. Chances are good if you didn’t get it the first 25 times, you aren’t going to get it the 26th time. MOVE ON!!!! BUT, do it intelligently…..have 2 or 3 people attack a different turret, pulling defenders off the one, and then attack it again. Confusion is key!
  • PAY ATTENTION TO THE TURRET! The turret isn’t at the entrance to the tunnel, its not on the trail on the way to the turret, its on the raised platform! FIGHT THERE *******! And watch the turret, if someone is turning it, stop whatever you are doing and attack them!
  • Communicate! See 6 in voidstar….

Just some basic common sense hints….hopefully this becomes viral and people add more, so these idiots who just plain suck at PVP can get better!!!!

Fix'd for you... although looking at it now I probably shouldn't have but was the only way I could read it.

Actually the presentation made me smile. It is probably born of frustration and I would object to it if it was directed at someone in a WZ but as a post it is fine.

I don't think the OP is saying don't make mistakes. What he is saying is think for a minute. I see all of these mistakes quite often, but it is when people make the same ones over and over and over that it gets annoying. Not fighting by objectives is a real case in point. Getting so into the fight you stop trying to win the game is bad for the team.

If you make a mistake and someone shouts the best thing to do is say "yeah, my bad". Acknowledge you know it was a mistake and try not to do it again. If they keep on shouting consider reporting or ignoring them. Don't get all hurt about it, people get enraged and yell things.

What are people b itching about? Perfectly readable for me, and good tips. Do you need lists spoonfed to you like pvp valour and gear too?

I would add for huttball, please dont fill the ball carrier's resolve bar on the last ramp to your goal line when you are 2 firepits away, thus rendering him non-pushable and forcing the one person actually in position to try to kill him in the last 3 steps before the goal line. (i.e. not gonna happen.)

Edited by Polebreaker

The points you make are sound.

The way you make them is tactless.

You are a very rude, very ignorant person.

And VR means nothing. FYI.

Looks like he is doing people a huge favor, being retarded over and over in games will attract abuse. Better to get a reality check here than be embarrassed in game.

Have to agree with others here. Good points but your presentation of those points is incredibly bad. Starting the post with comments that effectively say "I am great, I loose because everyone else sucks" just means people will ignore you.

How not to suck at PvP…

I am a Valor 74 Sniper, and I spend the majority of my time in pug warzones.

evidence for your lack of a social/family life is not evidence of skill.

also, the players who cause you to nerdrage, the ones most in need of your list, dont read forums.

I feel simpathy for the OP.

He was trying to instruct, he posted his motivations to create such a post. He did not intend to lash at anyone specifically nor put himself above anyone else.

I understand though that players that want to play WZs whatever the way is on their minds would be pretty upset with such a post.

Edited by Faulhaber

I feel simpathy for the OP.

He was trying to instruct, he posted his motivations to create such a post. He did not intend to lash at anyone specifically nor put himself above anyone else.

I understand though that players that want to play WZs whatever the way is on their minds would be pretty upset with such a post.

I agree that the points raised are good and helpful, however, as stated, the opening lines of the post (quoted below) have no relevance to the points raised and have no reason to be there beyond blaming everyone else / implying he/she (the OP) are better.

How not to suck at PvP…

I am a Valor 74 Sniper, and I spend the majority of my time in pug warzones. I constantly am losing games because of people on my team who are just plain bad when it comes to the common sense factors of warzones.

If you want to post useful information then fair enough, but stick to the valid and useful points. :D

If you make it through a BG without yelling and cursing at someone for their poor performance then you are no friend of mine. I get a rush off of ridicule and verbal abuse, reguardless of policy. Thats how I like to play, its what I like to do... belittle ignorant people. Edited by DreadOsirus