POLL: TOR or KotOR 3

dnomz

Kotor 1 was great, Kotor 2 seemed rushed and unfinished. Didn't EA get involved at that time. The companions were less interesting and the story fell apart at the end. I'd hate to see them ruin my memories of Kotor by continuing the trend and making a worse version of Kotor 2. However they almost accomplished just that with TOR.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kotor 1 was great, Kotor 2 seemed rushed and unfinished. Didn't EA get involved at that time. The companions were less interesting and the story fell apart at the end. I'd hate to see them ruin my memories of Kotor by continuing the trend and making a worse version of Kotor 2. However they almost accomplished just that with TOR.

Kotor 2 wasn't really Bioware's fault though, Obsidian Entertainment did that game IIRC.

Though I have gotten to the point where I won't buy Bioware games anymore as they release - I'll wait for feedback from others first, Dragon Age 2 bored me to death with it's constantly recycled environments and dull story (not to mention the abominations they turned the Elves into =P), ME3 I haven't even finished because I fear the ending... everyone I know says it's an atrocity that pretty much ruins everything you did in the previous games...

As for SWTOR... well, I'm here posting when I could be playing....

And yeah, Rayla... =/

EA was never involved with KotOR II, nor was BioWare, it was Obsidian Entertainment who created KotOR II, a game that was forced out with not even a proper year of development time by LucasArts, the real version of the game is much better, I can only imagine how fantastic it would have been if they had two or even three years to make it.

EA was never involved with KotOR II, nor was BioWare, it was Obsidian Entertainment who created KotOR II, a game that was forced out with not even a proper year of development time by LucasArts, the real version of the game is much better, I can only imagine how fantastic it would have been if they had two or even three years to make it.

/signed!

KOTOR III all day long. I get the feeling that the environments we would of seen in III would of been darker and set a tone. Not to mention they probably would of done something far better with Revan and Meetra Surik's stories.

I recently re-played KOTOR II with all the restored content. What a difference! Mind blowingly good from start to finish. It's a shame that KOTOR II didn't get the same development time that KOTOR did. I actually think I preferred KOTOR II to I.

KOTOR III all day long. I get the feeling that the environments we would of seen in III would of been darker and set a tone. Not to mention they probably would of done something far better with Revan and Meetra Surik's stories.

I recently re-played KOTOR II with all the restored content. What a difference! Mind blowingly good from start to finish. It's a shame that KOTOR II didn't get the same development time that KOTOR did. I actually think I preferred KOTOR II to I.

Not with Drew writing it.

Gotta go with KotOR 3. Maybe if Bioware had stuck to modestly budgeted single player games they wouldn't have had to sign the deal with the EA devil that'll be acomin' for their souls all too soon.

Yeah, maybe they wouldn't have stuck the Exile with that awful, cringe inducing name or butchered the plot of KotOR2 they way they did.

It's pretty good. Although since the combat in the KotOR games is so tedious and dull I sometimes prefer rereading Scorchy's KotOR2 LP over replaying it.

TOR, hands down. Why would you rather have a single player game than an MMO that will probably last for years?

agrreed.

I loved Kotor 1, Kotor 2 was ok and SWTOR is amazing. Maybe it's because I went in thinking SWTOR would suck but I love this game more then even KOTOR 1. I 've gotten much more entertainment and play time from SWTOR then I did with KOTOR.

TOR, hands down. Why would you rather have a single player game than an MMO that will probably last for years?

Same here. I really like the direction Revan's story went and the resolution we got with the Exile. It now seems more KotOR II stuff is going to get referenced now with HK-51 (from the cut content) and all so it is going to be really cool to see what they do with it. This game really feels like a Star Wars game with the countless amounts of references to the history and culture of past games and lore making it feel great.

I get to play every day with my friends a game from a series I love. The classes they chose to let us play are much better stories then anything a KotOR III. I love my SI more then I love Revan now (even though LS Revan was an interesting character) and my legacy and rp story I made with my SI feels much more real and alive then a classic Bioware singleplayer rpg.

Revan's story and the only rp story you have is what Bioware provides. Now, I have a story that Bioware provides (technically 8 of them) plus an entire world where I can rp and create my own story, and a legacy to feel like my rp story is more supported in-game.

• 3 months later...

If they could come up with a story as good as they did in the orignal (second was a bit lame) and make it longer (BlueRay stores a lot of data), then absolutely without any doubt I'd have rather had KOTOR III. KOTOR III with online co-op and PvP.... Even better.

That would have been sooo much better than this game imo.

I'd would say kotor 3 for ps3 and xbox 360 because they could have created it years ago and still released TOR around the same time, but overall I'm fine with the decision. I would like to see add-ons to the class quests and level and planet expansion a year or two "down the road," and if possible kotor 3.

^ I think we would be at Kotor 6 by now.

Um, I would hate that.

I hate when a game is successful so they milk it and have it come out every year with barely any changes gameplay wise and the story isn't that great.

So many games today are doing this and knowing LA, they'd do it.

Um, I would hate that.

I hate when a game is successful so they milk it and have it come out every year with barely any changes gameplay wise and the story isn't that great.

So many games today are doing this and knowing LA, they'd do it.

I wouldn't mind it as long as the story was compelling for each one and the choices were meaningful. LA isn't bad about milking games at all because we still don't have Battlefront 3, most of their series seem to end on the third entry. I see where you are coming from and hear you though.