Why do you PvP???

Keyran-Halcyon

So I think its hilarious that all these post keep popping up about gear. All the "I grinded for this and now its easier QQ" or "Its too hard to gear, I need a handout QQ" or the "Without reward, I see no point to PvP QQ"... I'm kinda confused why so many people are all upset, I thought the whole point of Player Vs Player was to kill other players??? That was the reward. Did I miss something and now PvP has changed to GvP (Gear Vs Player). And no, skill still plays a huge roll in PvP, if you can't beat someone, gear may not be the issue, you just may suck something awful.

Personally I PvP to fight and play against something other than the stupid repetitive computer. So the question for other players is: Why do you PvP??

i pvp for fun. stomping undergeared people is not fun. so im glad that this game is less about gear and more about players. the faster new 50s get into champ gear the more fun pvp is.

by the way, most who complain about pvp on forums dont even actually like pvp to begin with so best to just ignore their silly ranks and complaints.

To crush my enemies -- See them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women. :D

This. ^^^^^^^^^^^

Honestly, I played WoW in Beta and release and there were zero PvP rewards. Yes, we still ran around ganking non-stop.

Killing other players is its own reward. :D

Edited by Kajimoto

So I think its hilarious that all these post keep popping up about gear. All the "I grinded for this and now its easier QQ" or "Its too hard to gear, I need a handout QQ" or the "Without reward, I see no point to PvP QQ"... I'm kinda confused why so many people are all upset, I thought the whole point of Player Vs Player was to kill other players??? That was the reward. Did I miss something and now PvP has changed to GvP (Gear Vs Player). And no, skill still plays a huge roll in PvP, if you can't beat someone, gear may not be the issue, you just may suck something awful.

Personally I PvP to fight and play against something other than the stupid repetitive computer. So the question for other players is: Why do you PvP??

THANK YOU!

This guy has it right. I didn't sign up for the game and go to a PvP server to win cool gear.

Gear = Stat Equalizer

When it comes down to it, the only reason I even get gear is to put myself on the same stat playing field as an enemy. From there on out, it's skill that wins.

OP, I PvP to PvP. Not for the rewards. Thank you for this thread and letting me know that there are going to be amazing top-ELO ranked games in the future. The only way you're going to get there is with this mindset.

OP, I PvP to PvP. Not for the rewards. .

^^Enough said

I say if you died in PvP, don't go out and get the best gear possible and then come back expecting to win. Go L2p and find some skill, then come back and we will see.

And I will admit, I have lost to better players, but I've killed players that I was better then too. It's the nature of things.

i pvp for fun. stomping undergeared people is not fun. so im glad that this game is less about gear and more about players. the faster new 50s get into champ gear the more fun pvp is.

by the way, most who complain about pvp on forums dont even actually like pvp to begin with so best to just ignore their silly ranks and complaints.

^

This pretty much summed up my answer as is. Thanks for that. I PvP for PvP's sake itself. Enjoyed it in WoW (for a while), AoC, WAR (momentarily), DarkFail (even more momentarily) many FPS's, warband and back to UO and AC:Darktide server and beyond. PvP needs no reward if it's fun.

@op

You think ppl play games for fun? U crazy?

Most of the ppl in mmo's (not all) live vicariously thru there pixelated characters because they fail in RL... This is the proplem and the source of all the pathetic QQ u pointed out....

LOL, that made me laugh. and yes I guess I am crazy for thinking people played online games for gun.

@op

You think ppl play games for fun? U crazy?

Most of the ppl in mmo's (not all) live vicariously thru there pixelated characters because they fail in RL... This is the proplem and the source of all the pathetic QQ u pointed out....

QFT. Those that need gear to PVP would be better suited to just PVE for it. I did WoW beta as well, we just ran around killing whoever and thought that was awesome.

Edited by Derian

wow look at all the welfare baby's on this thread, you'll get your gear, you've cried to the dev's "i'm getting beat up i need the same gear they have /cry" now come the real truth you sux then and you'll sux now wait and see

I used to PvP in warzones for fun because they were a challenge... now Bioware has messed them up entirely because of people qqing "it's too hard to get valor" - every warzone I encounter at least 2 medal farmers (their only focus the entire warzone is to get 4 warzones then give up). Thank you Bioware for this recent addition to warzones and ruining the one thing I enjoyed in this game.

wow look at all the welfare baby's on this thread, you'll get your gear, you've cried to the dev's "i'm getting beat up i need the same gear they have /cry" now come the real truth you sux then and you'll sux now wait and see

No clue where you got that conclusion from, but you sir fail at trolling.

Cause it's fun.

Next question please.