The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Clearing up the facts about Pyrotech.

Theology

Put it into context kid, look at the heals the enemy team has, of course hes going to have 700k damage if theres action for the whole 15 minutes and noone hardly dies.

Context, kids, context.

Not to mention his pocket heals. Nice try though.

Yeah, the enemy team sure did a ton of healing. One of their healers even broke 100k!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NP Oozo :)

The issue is the DESIGN of the class. If they lower the burst but keep the resource system the same, spec'n as a DPS PT will be near useless as there is nothing else we bring to the PvP Table other than having grapple, which is best utilized in a ST/AP (Shield/Tactics) Hybrid or build.

I agree. But you know. But it is like it is. My class (IA)(even if a play as a healer) was nerfed and now you are on the top and the playerbase do not care if class A or B is to weak, they only care if a class is overpowered and now your is.

I see alot of QQ about Powertech Pyrotechs here on the forums. So i'm here to clear up the misinformation.

The traditional Pyro build (4/6/31) forces the Powertech to take Mercenary designed gear (Eliminator's) for the 4 peice set bonus (15% Crit Chance on Rail Shot) So we sacrifice a 2pc. bonus already.

Now, I see people saying they see 5k rail shot crits over and over and over. Thus generating the QQ, and if this was the case, it certainly would be OP. But alas, it is not.

In full Champ/rakata/BM off-pieces, my railshots hit on average for 3.8k IF they crit.

The pyro rotation is (and assuming they all crit, with power relics and adrenals) is:

-Thermal Det 4.2-4.5k

-Incindiery Missle 1k+a small DoT

-Rail shot 4.2-4.5k

-Flame Burst (+ a CGC proc) 2-2.3k

-Rocket punch 2k

That's roughly ~15k damage spread over 5 GCDs with all of our temporary buffs

If Rail shot doesn't crit, seeing as it's weapon damage, and absolutely mitigtable/deflectable/shieldable, it does really really bad damage. It has a ~40% crit rate with all of the buffs.

Now, after buffs and adrenals have worn off, we have to spam flame burst/rocket punch and hope for a rail shot proc. Sometimes we get lucky and get procs, sometimes we dont.

If we don't get procs, we overheat stupid fast and are forced to use not so great attacks (unload, rapid shots)

The damage is super inconsistent due to the entire spec and gear being based on one ability. A majority of our damage that you see on the scoreboard at the end of the game comes from CGC and IM DoTs (which are probably healed through anyways.)

That's the risk of the spec, like many other specs, it all depends on one proc. Sometimes it can be really great damage, other times, not so much.

Could Pyro use a tonedown on the crit damage? Maybe. I know of classes that still hit stupid hard with crits really often too (Sniper, Smash spec, Arsenal Mercs) so let's not forget those.

im a commando healer 5k armor almost 15800 hp 607 expertise and champion powertechs are just coming up to me doting me with fire rail shot and rocket punch and im dead.

i dont call this balanced at all.

im a commando healer 5k armor almost 15800 hp 607 expertise and champion powertechs are just coming up to me doting me with fire rail shot and rocket punch and im dead.

can't balance stupidity, sorry bro

Try not to exaggerate too much.

OWAIT

learn more about the class's before even comenting.

and im not exaggerating either.

im glad not many people know about it right now and im not going to state what it is either. there is a spec for powertech's/commando's that makes

rail shots hit for 5k to 9k

fire dots that tick from 500 to 1.5k

rocket punch's that hit for around 2k to 5k

these are rough averages depending on the BH's spec and gear

they do more dps than a sorce/sage

This post is obviously false. Commando/Merc healers are the hardest class in the game to kill right now and as a Assualt Vanguard it takes me all my ammo + a reload + 2 stuns to kill you and that's only if EVERYTHING crits. If my Assualt Plastique or HIB fail to crit I basically have 0 ammo and any decent Commando/Merc healer is back up to 80% health.

I agree with OP that we can be bursty, but like every experienced Pyro PT or Assualt Vanguard posting here knows, unless you're REALLY lucky you cannot 5 or 6-shot someone. Unless you're a Sorc or Sniper, it still takes me a while to kill you if Ionic Accelerator does not proc and Plastique doesn't crit. It also takes nearly all our ammo to actually burn down someone, so unlike Sorcs/Sages, we do not have an infinite amount of resources.

l

I'd f'n kill a small baby petting a cute puppy to have my railshot crit for 9k followed by a 5k rocket punch.

More HIB crits for 3k-5k(if you're lucky and the person has 0 expertise)

Plasma dot ticks for ~700 if it crits, ~500 for Inc Round dot if it crits

Stockstrike does about 1.8k-3.2k on crits

This is coming from a Vanguard with Rakata weapon and gloves, and the rest BM and the set peices are modded with 56 or 58 power/surge mods.

24k & 30k protection? That's Carolina-Parakeet spec, not full Pyro, which has far more survivability and mobility (not to mention 400k+ healers on both games).

Please don't just assume and QQ...

You can (and probably should) run Ion Cell with Assault / Pyro you know.

The 21/2/18 spec is not capable of 700k+ damage imo.

But yeah, I don't see how this proves much, I have a sage in my guild who regularly goes 700K in WZ's. It depends on how much AOE you can do.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

This post is obviously false. Commando/Merc healers are the hardest class in the game to kill right now and as a Assualt Vanguard it takes me all my ammo + a reload + 2 stuns to kill you and that's only if EVERYTHING crits. If my Assualt Plastique or HIB fail to crit I basically have 0 ammo and any decent Commando/Merc healer is back up to 80% health.

I agree with OP that we can be bursty, but like every experienced Pyro PT or Assualt Vanguard posting here knows, unless you're REALLY lucky you cannot 5 or 6-shot someone. Unless you're a Sorc or Sniper, it still takes me a while to kill you if Ionic Accelerator does not proc and Plastique doesn't crit. It also takes nearly all our ammo to actually burn down someone, so unlike Sorcs/Sages, we do not have an infinite amount of resources.

obviously you dont know what you are talking about pure dps commando's/mercs die realy fast.

and commando healers ? what you expect they are healers DERP!

your not going to beat one solo unless you totaly outgear them or your class is OP as hell.

and consider yourself lucky it takes 1 to 3 people to take down a healer on this game. on other games you need about 10 to 20. or world of warcraft paladin healer crap 30 LOL

lol i realy wonder about the people on these forums it makes me wonder if they have a single brain cell between the lot of them xD

HAHAHAHA! the stupidity of you all realy makes my day :D

More HIB crits for 3k-5k(if you're lucky and the person has 0 expertise)

Plasma dot ticks for ~700 if it crits, ~500 for Inc Round dot if it crits

Stockstrike does about 1.8k-3.2k on crits

This is coming from a Vanguard with Rakata weapon and gloves, and the rest BM and the set peices are modded with 56 or 58 power/surge mods.

then your doing it wrong

learn more about the class's before even comenting.

and im not exaggerating either.

im glad not many people know about it right now and im not going to state what it is either. there is a spec for powertech's/commando's that makes

Well i could claim that sages do 5-9k lightning strikes and 1.5-2k DOT's. But that doesnt make any sense at all just like your post. Im playing a BM PT pyro with some parts BM, some rakata/champ, so not perfectly geared but decently. I have never even seen a crit of any kind above 4k coming from my guns. Usally i leave wz with highest hit neing 3.5k-3.9k. Im fully DPS speced and i doubt you can blame my skill since it all boils down to gear/spec and pressing a couple of buttons. Im sure though that with perfect equip you can do 4-5k crits. But so can any class.

Well i could claim that sages do 5-9k lightning strikes and 1.5-2k DOT's. But that doesnt make any sense at all just like your post. Im playing a BM PT pyro with some parts BM, some rakata/champ, so not perfectly geared but decently. I have never even seen a crit of any kind above 4k coming from my guns. Usally i leave wz with highest hit neing 3.5k-3.9k. Im fully DPS speced and i doubt you can blame my skill since it all boils down to gear/spec and pressing a couple of buttons. Im sure though that with perfect equip you can do 4-5k crits. But so can any class.

they do more than sages/sorce in 1 go but ive been hit by a 15k full lightning channel more than once.

that was on my dps spec assasin though with 650 expertise lol

your stupidity no you cant there is no cure for idiotic fools such as yourself which is why your a waste of space.

once people start discovering this retarded powertech/vanguard spec its going to be heavely abused.

i'm not the one claiming to get bursted for 15.8k in 3 abilities, one of which doesn't hit that hard.

obviously you dont know what you are talking about pure dps commando's/mercs die realy fast.

and commando healers ? what you expect they are healers DERP!

your not going to beat one solo unless you totaly outgear them or your class is OP as hell.

and consider yourself lucky it takes 1 to 3 people to take down a healer on this game. on other games you need about 10 to 20. or world of warcraft paladin healer crap 30 LOL

lol i realy wonder about the people on these forums it makes me wonder if they have a single brain cell between the lot of them xD

HAHAHAHA! the stupidity of you all realy makes my day :D

lmao says the dude on the tracer/grav round bang wagon

didn't you make a qq thread about how tracer will criting you for like 12k lol

you're a bad player period all i gotta say is l2delete your toon.