Have you re-rolled on another server? Or quit till transfers?

Entropicus

I'm just curious to see who's taken the Plunge. I hate leveling myself and doubt I could do it unless my server becomes so dead that the WZs dried up. Some may argue,but PVP is my one true enjoyment in the game.

If you started over how much better is life now that you have a population? Is the loss of your time spent hard to deal with?

My server still has enough population and my guild is still active enough that I can find groups enough. Not as much as I'd like, but enough.

If the time comes that this is no longer the case, I will not re-roll. I will cancel my subscription.

Since you're asking, I'm unsubbed. I will expire in about 2 weeks. I'm not coming back with transfers because server populations are the least of my concerns.

The game is decidedly a theme-park MMO and I've come to realize that the things I don't like about this game's philosophy and approach to gaming are a consequence of EAs oversight.

I'm not screaming that the game is terrible. I'm just saying it's not what I hoped it would be. No big deal, I'll try the next game that interests me.

In the time waiting for the ability to transfer, and likely pay for it, it would be faster just to make a new toon and level it to 50. It isn't that hard, doesn't take that much time, and is still enjoyable as you've likely not seen all the content even with the same class of character. Mind you, not everyone will see it this way but, in my opinion; why pay real cash when you can just spend some time and re-roll?

In the time waiting for the ability to transfer, and likely pay for it, it would be faster just to make a new toon and level it to 50. It isn't that hard, doesn't take that much time, and is still enjoyable as you've likely not seen all the content even with the same class of character. Mind you, not everyone will see it this way but, in my opinion; why pay real cash when you can just spend some time and re-roll?

It would take me ~160 hours to re-roll one level 50, plus all the hours I've put into alt characters, gathering credits, stocking up for crafting, working up crafting skills, etc... so you're probably looking at way over 300 hours all told. But let's call it 200 hours.

If I have to pay $25 to transfer but it saves me 200 hours, that's effectively 12.5 cents an hour. My time is worth WAY more than that.

But if I'm on a dead server, that's not really my fault, so I shouldn't have to pay to get onto a server that I can enjoy the game on.

I unsubbed - game is not fun or polished.

I leveled two characters to 50 and could not do it again. In the end, it seems all the money for this game was spent on SW IP and voice overs (of which I end up just 'spacebarring' thru). Other than that, there are no other redeeming qualities (and playing just for the Star wars IP is questionable). Maybe huttball is the other good quality. Other than that, this game seems to have been developed by hacks.

Go Play Rift if you want to view a very polished game - that team (developers, qa, management) know what they are doing.

Edited by chop-encore

I probably would just reroll. The problem is I think I am on a very active server. Frequently doing FPs, Ops, PvP, and Dailies with others. Yet I have seen threads with people stating that the very same active server I am on, on the same faction no less, is dead like a barren wasteland. Because of this I can no longer believe anyone who says they are on an unpopulated server.

Since you're asking, I'm unsubbed. I will expire in about 2 weeks. I'm not coming back with transfers because server populations are the least of my concerns.

The game is decidedly a theme-park MMO and I've come to realize that the things I don't like about this game's philosophy and approach to gaming are a consequence of EAs oversight.

I'm not screaming that the game is terrible. I'm just saying it's not what I hoped it would be. No big deal, I'll try the next game that interests me.

This I can respect because it wasn't full of ranting hyperbole. Good luck finding something that suits your personal tastes. This one's suited mine just fine and has me entertained for the time being tho.

Edited by Blotter

It would take me ~160 hours to re-roll one level 50, plus all the hours I've put into alt characters, gathering credits, stocking up for crafting, working up crafting skills, etc... so you're probably looking at way over 300 hours all told. But let's call it 200 hours.

If I have to pay $25 to transfer but it saves me 200 hours, that's effectively 12.5 cents an hour. My time is worth WAY more than that.

But if I'm on a dead server, that's not really my fault, so I shouldn't have to pay to get onto a server that I can enjoy the game on.

First of all, if you value your time you are playing the wrong type of game. It is not uncommon knowledge that MMO's are time sinks. Furthermore, if you are concerned about 12.5 cents an hour I suggest you stop paying Bioware 15.00 a month as you likely cannot afford to be playing it. Last and more importantly, you make this game seem like an actual job. The point is to enjoy yourself while you play and not about the time you sink into it. If you're fixated that badly on one character, than yes, pay the 25(You assume it will be this price) and transfer over. Make no mistake though, you will be paying to do so as Bioware does not do things for free. This isn't a slight against the company; just that it is a business first.

I re-rolled over a month ago now. My first server (hi old Krayiss Obelisk folks!) seemed to have up and died overnight and I moved to The Fatman. I was nervous about the PvE to PvP switch, but love the action on Fatman. We seem to have a good population on the Republic side and I don't feel ultra outnumbered. I'm really glad I made the switch, though I do miss several people from KO.

If anyone reading this is on KO, is Manslave still super murdering folks in warzones?

Well I get his point. They absolutely need to allow server transfers. Dead servers are absolutely no fun to play on, at all. I play an MMO to have others to talk to and socialize with. Even if this entire game can be soloed, its nice to have others to talk to while you are playing.

The Fatman is a million times better than my old server. I look forward to logging on and playing each night now.