5k for a will power datacron that's out of line.

Marlon

Now i'm happy that some things cost money and that we get some random stuff.

but I found a chest in bugtown which contained a willpower datacron. this cost me 5k to get the key for it and it's useless.

had it been a random item I wopuldn't complain

but a chest that contains something only 1 of the 4 classes uses now thats low.

I assume you're playing Republic? 5k is pretty cheap at that point. But yes, it's rough when you don't to the Internet research to know what attribute you're getting so you pay for an attribute you don't care about, plus a bit of exp and a Codex entry.

OP, the datacrons are spread throughout the planets, and not all of them are helpful to all classes.

Besides, 5k isn't a great deal when you hit max level. My current repair costs in Columni gear can get to around 30k - 40k ish

Edited by Tarka

Get a few people who want this datacron as well and split the cost, the chest stays open for a while after you unlock it.

Or if you want to be a d**k about it, follow someone who's on their way to opening it.

I would happily pay 5k plus for a stat change that suited me, not for something that has no real use to me. True i should have done the research but then I didn't expect this to happen as it's only a lvl 20 planet.

I would happily pay 5k plus for a stat change that suited me, not for something that has no real use to me. True i should have done the research but then I didn't expect this to happen as it's only a lvl 20 planet.

Advice? Wait till after lvl 25 after saving up for speeder and speeder training. First of all you'll be a little tight on cash after that, and secondly, the rewards after level 25 start to pick up and you'll make 5k of disposable income in no time.

Edited by Scar

Eh, don't worry about it. In the Grand Scheme of things 5k is like tossing a few pennies into a fountain. Sure it's a decent amount of money at level 20, but at level 50 you can make 300,000 credits a day easy just doing all the daily quests by the time you vendor grey items and sell off the blues.

Now if only they would put some sort of 'Pay 5k Here' boxes to skip all the Mario jumping datacrons.

Getting 5k credits takes no time, getting the game to recognize all my jumps appropriately without me throwing the mouse across the room is a serious exercise in patience and frustration management.

I got my datacrons at 50 so wasn't a big deal.

Plus there is a datacron on Alderaan which I believes will cost you 8k

Who also sells the MGGS for 10k but that lets you get 3 datacrons.

If it is a big deal, then go back when you are 50 and these things will be chump change.

Bugtown - Balmorra - starts at lvl 32. Pretty sure about that. I'm typically there around lvl 34 and my wallet ranges from 100 - 250k depending on crafting expenses on that character.

But good to know - just landed there with my Shadow ... :)

1) It is a +Aim datacron (bugtown one)...

2) once you open it, ANYONE in the area that can get to it before the box closes can use it too. Announce it in advance so other people can get to it for the +Aim.

3) Stop QQing.

Edited by FooBard

Wait till the OP has to pay 18,000 credits for the torch to melt the ice block on Hoth that holds the matrix shard there...

Or, has to get into an OP to kill that driod to get the item to get one...

Or... have to buy the grapple gun thingy to get the +10 fleet one...

etc... :D