Im to old ?

Mindscanner

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife and I started playing DAoC the month it released and have played numerous other MMO's together in the years since. We used to call our kids little craft-monkeys because we started sitting them in front of the monitor at ages 3 and 4.

"Hit this button here every time you hear a ding". 20 helmets later I have the PBnJ sammich ready and a diaper changed on the little one. Has worked VERY well for 10+ years and 4 kids.

Btw...40 yrs old and all 4 of kids and wife still play video games and 3 of us are playing swtor!

7 years on DAoC...damn do I miss that game

Watched episode 1,2,3 in their theatrical releases. bought their toys. but better and more fondly remember in the 90's watching all 3 re-releases of the remastered 4, 5, and 6 not to mention vhs' of the original editions .

Still have my Taco Bell Yoda and millenium falcon from the 90's release.

Not to mention all the re-release toys including the luke with storm trooper helm and x-wing luke with rebel pilot gear and r2-d2 unit.

And a few others, including the Falcon which opens up to reveal interior.

Also, have a few from the 70's return of the jedi set. including an ewok, ugnaught, and sand trooper which i've been told was never re-released for the 90's sets...

loved SW sense i first saw Yoda raise an x-wing out the swamp and the rancor. God I loved the rancor. What can I say, Jim Henson is my idol. He made fantasy real to me in ways cgi could never do...

PS: I remember reading my RPG's on COMPUSERVE and DOS with these funny things called floppy disks...

haha im only 25 and thats' considered ancient technology now lolz.

Glad to see so many people varying in age. this is the thing which makes this game universe expand and grow.

and one last thing, to the person who thinks people over 70 can't/don't play MMO's either you are intentionally ignorant, or need another example. In the World of Warcraft there was a grandmother who was 76 she regularly played in raids with a guild my buddy is in. She used to knit while they waited in ques and got ready for their next online adventure(s)...

Edited by RemyDMartin

27 here been playing video games since i got atari at 4 and wont stop till i die or get some kinda disabilty where i cant play anymore :(. Which is cool imo because how many people do u know that has a hobby they pickup at near birth and keep until death. Edited by DamenX

My father is in his late 60's and has multiple toons... we've been playing MMO's together with my brother for almost 15 years...

So, your doing good!

Edited by xjrmx

Ya this thread is garbage. It stopped being believable when I started seeing 70+in.

You'd be surprised!

In eq2 several years ago I grouped daily with a guildie in his mid-60's. From that same game, I also know a husband and wife who are currently in their mid-60's and still playing. (Their daughter and son in law also play, both in their mid-30's.)

Fun fact: as it turned out, the woman in her 60s actually went to high school with my mother, a year apart, even though she was now living on the complete opposite end of the country. Small world

Edited by Lunazen

I turn 30 this month. Most of my guild is late 20's - early 40's. We have a couple people in their early 60's or so. Actually, three pairs of our players are father/son, with the sons being early to late 20's and the fathers being well... old enough to be their fathers :p Edited by Koalachan

I'm a 23 year old guy, and I don't believe that a person can be "too old" to enjoy a computer game. As long as you pay attention to other important aspects of your life (family, work, etc.), why shouldn't you be allowed some free time for yourself? Age matters not.:)

I'm 32 years old and I play SWTOR with my wife. We intend to play pc games until our last breath, that's for sure! I can already imagine the future elderly centers with huge rooms filled with computers and gaming consoles. :D

37 here, been playing mmo's since Ultima Online. Got hooked on them when I started working nightshifts in my 20's and needed something to do when I got home at 4am, the only thing on TV was the shopping network lol.

Will be 59 this month. :)

What many folks seem to not know or forget is that my generation is the one who basically invented computer gaming. Trust me when I say that if the bug bites you, you stay bitten. I always chuckle when someone tells me that I am "too old" and ask them at what age they plan on giving up gaming.

Well there we have an Old Geezer :D

Just Joking, back in my Ultima Online days i played with an ingame pal by the age of 72, just shows that age dosent matter.

Iam 34 myself btw. in other words young,fresh and agile (if my back plays along that is).