Im to old ?

Mindscanner

<< JUST turned 45, saw Episode IV in the theatre at the ripe age of 10.

And yes, most of my guildmates are in the late 20's to early 40's range.

I fully intend to still be playing MMO's (and riding motorcycles) when I'm in my 70's... maybe even 80's.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contrary to a couple of posts in here I believe you will find the average age of people playing TOR will be in the 40's. I am 47 myself and have played mmo's for about 10 years now. Even the Demographics of your Star Wars fanatics today will support this age range.

By now most of the young people have moved on to something more in line with their own generation. They grew up with Wow being the main MMO in their generation.

With the totally original way Bioware tells their story you would be hard pressed to find a young person willing to sit and watch the story unfold the way it does in this game. Most are impatient and would race to the level cap and be the first at everything under the sun.

To really enjoy this game you need a laid back attitude and the willingness to slow things down and smell the roses while you are leveling. That's where this game is at its best.

59! That's awesome! I know I am one of the older folks here at 49, but you make me feel young again!

I stood in line many times during the Summer of 1977 watching this cool new film....probably went to see it 20 times, and stood in line for hours every time, usually with my best friend Scott. Great summer! It seems like it was long, long ago in a ....

...Never mind.

Heh. We saw a first showing in '77 and it was so crowded that we had to sit on the floor in front of the first row of seats. This, combined with, shall we say, mind-altering inhalation substances made for a very, very intense first viewing. Sadly, I remember little of it and had to go again at a later date. :D

Geezer Gamers!

Your age matters not... these games attract any and all who find them to be of interest. Unfortunately, regardless of actual age, many who play these games act as though they're 15-year-olds who think they have the world figured out already. On the bright side, however, there's always 'Ignore'... lol

Oh, and I'm 39 and have only been playing MMOs since 2008. Have only really played SWG; initially because it was Star Wars but kept playing because I found it to be the grooviest game ever... both because of the subject matter and because of its pure sandbox qualities. Played a bit of LoTRO... not too bad, on the whole. Tried some others briefly, including WoW... for a day and a half... 'nuff said there.

Fade to Black...

I call shenanigans. No self-respecting GOP 1%'er would be caught dead pretending they were someone else.... :p:D

hey, every once in awhile, we got to pull the corn cob out our arse and have some fun :)

I work hard and play hard - gaming is a guilty pleasure