Please institute a "Vote to Forfeit" option.

announcerharris

In each of the three warzones, there is a clear point where your team has gone beyond the point of no return, and it will be impossible to win:

- In Alderaan, it becomes mathematically impossible for a team to win at a certain point without capturing all three nodes. Unless players on the other team all lose power because of solar flares, this will never happen.

- In Voidstar, if you've attacked first and the other team has gotten further, there's no point in doing anything but practicing jumping the gap in the 2nd room.

- In Huttball, if your team clearly isn't coordinated enough to even contest the middle of the map, there's nothing better to do than look for chances to push people into fires (though to be fair, I've seen a few epic comebacks in Huttball).

I love the changes in 1.1.5 that have largely limited leaving in the event of a clear loss, but in each of the warzones, there often comes a point where it's clear you're going to win or lose and the warzone is no longer fun. On either side, you're just wasting time waiting for the warzone to end - especially now that the rewards for medals are capped at 4.

Would the developers consider adding a "Vote to Forfeit" option to warzones? To prevent abuse, you could only make it available 8 minutes into the fight. To further prevent abuse, you could require 3/4 of players in the warzone to vote for a forfeit for that forfeit to actually happen.

We PvP because we enjoy competition - once a game has gone beyond being competitive, give us the option to move on to another.

fine as long as the forfeiting team also forfeited their xp/comms/valor/kill count towards dailies/etc

otherwise everyone would /forfeit as soon as the lost the first touchdown in hutball, 2 turrets in cw etc

Edited by Evuke

what if the winning team don't have their medals yet? they'd never accept... and if it went by majority vote, someone would get shafted by that.... i suppose if it were a unanimous 16/16 vote that'd be ok... but i cant imagine that happening Edited by lordkhouri

In each of the three warzones, there is a clear point where your team has gone beyond the point of no return, and it will be impossible to win:

- In Alderaan, it becomes mathematically impossible for a team to win at a certain point without capturing all three nodes. Unless players on the other team all lose power because of solar flares, this will never happen.

I've done that at least twice. I'm not even valor rank 50. Sometimes the winning team gets cocky/careless, or sometimes someone quit and a better person joined, or a few people sync'ed and actually got a node capped, etc.

Except for your voidstar scenario, no game is unwinnable. I usually keep fighting anyway, there is something about just laying down and letting them get to the datastore uncontested that really pisses me off.

I'd be fine with it as long as the reward for the losing team was prorated for how long the game was.

Yes, this.

Voidstar is especially poorly designed. It's possible to have no chance of victory, yet the game goes on for 5+ more minutes. Why? Why doesn't it end as soon as they cap the door that gave them enough to win?

They won't be adding this because they are adding Objective Medals in 1.2 which will very very likely not be subject to the Medal Limit.

So teams will get a medal for every door they get in Voidstar and for every score they get in huttball, encouraging them to race to the end and play to the end because if you score in the dying seconds of a losing huttball match, thats one more medal.

Something that has been confirmed is the new Warzone 'Novare Coast' requires 2 of the three objective points in order to do progress the score Alderaan style. They should probably change Alderaan to this as well, meaning it will be never too late to win.

It seems in 1.2 Winning or Losing will be the icing on the cake and the real rewards will come from completing objectives, whether you win or lose. Which is how it should be. At present, if you win a huttball 6-5, the losers will get the same commendations as the team that epic failed 6-0.

Edited by Zeromanicus

- In Voidstar, if you've attacked first and the other team has gotten further, there's no point in doing anything but practicing jumping the gap in the 2nd room.

- In Huttball, if your team clearly isn't coordinated enough to even contest the middle of the map, there's nothing better to do than look for chances to push people into fires (though to be fair, I've seen a few epic comebacks in Huttball).

I love the changes in 1.1.5 that have largely limited leaving in the event of a clear loss, but in each of the warzones, there often comes a point where it's clear you're going to win or lose and the warzone is no longer fun. On either side, you're just wasting time waiting for the warzone to end - especially now that the rewards for medals are capped at 4.

Would the developers consider adding a "Vote to Forfeit" option to warzones? To prevent abuse, you could only make it available 8 minutes into the fight. To further prevent abuse, you could require 3/4 of players in the warzone to vote for a forfeit for that forfeit to actually happen.

We PvP because we enjoy competition - once a game has gone beyond being competitive, give us the option to move on to another.

See, kids, what we have here is a poor sport. Inflammatory or not, that's what you are. Obviously no one instilled in you the importance of seeing it through to the end.

I'm sorry, I've been flagged and issued infractions for my posts, but this right here is a symptom of a deeply flawed upbringing. Being a good sport means taking the losses with the wins, and sticking it out until the buzzer. Why? Because hopefully you have a sense of shame.

Run from an imminent loss? Shame on you.

This idea should rank in the top 10 best suggestions ever..............

made by chimpanzee's that it.

If they did this, I would hope the forfeiting team would lose ALL rewards as a penalty for being Crying 12 year old school girls. And can wait for the AFK vote out, hate AFKing losers who only think about themselves. One of the few things BW will be doing right apparently.

See, kids, what we have here is a poor sport. Inflammatory or not, that's what you are. Obviously no one instilled in you the importance of seeing it through to the end.

I'm sorry, I've been flagged and issued infractions for my posts, but this right here is a symptom of a deeply flawed upbringing. Being a good sport means taking the losses with the wins, and sticking it out until the buzzer. Why? Because hopefully you have a sense of shame.

Run from an imminent loss? Shame on you.

FWIW, my OP was inspired by a string of quick wins in which I had to keep waiting around.

Sounds like you're a fan of the Hitler-at-the-end-of-WWII strategy:

"What's that? The Allies are coming in from both sides and my army is made up only of children and the elderly? DON'T TELL ME IT'S HOPELESS - KEEP FIGHTING!! FOR THE FATHERLAND!!"

To forfeit is to accept defeat. To AFK or leave the warzone would be to run from it. One is being a sore loser; the other one is recognizing defeat, accepting it and moving on. It's ok, the difference is (not) subtle. Feel free to take a minute to think about it before continuing on.

Obviously no one instilled in you common sense, the ability to analyze a situation, or the wherewithal to recognize when what you're doing simply isn't working. In your life, do you often persist in hopeless situations where there is no chance of a good outcome, when you could do something different? (Sorry if I've just actually described your life.)

Between this and your difficulties with reading comprehension/vocabulary, it would seem you've had the flawed upbringing - my apologies.

Edited by announcerharris

Dear OP,

This is not needed. In patch 1.2, the Dailies will be changed from "3 wins" to "X medals gained". So, there is no longer any reason to quit, forfeit, or otherwise give up on any warzone after patch 1.2. Every single medal you get (even beyond the medal cap for valor/comms) will count towards your daily, so you want to play out every single WZ, regardless of hopelessness of winning.

Dear OP,

This is not needed. In patch 1.2, the Dailies will be changed from "3 wins" to "X medals gained". So, there is no longer any reason to quit, forfeit, or otherwise give up on any warzone after patch 1.2. Every single medal you get (even beyond the medal cap for valor/comms) will count towards your daily, so you want to play out every single WZ, regardless of hopelessness of winning.

This is 100% true, thanks to you (and another person above) for bringing this up.

I'll let the thread die (unless the poster who insulted my upbringing decides to post again :p)

I do not understand this concept at all. I am the type that fights on, I will try and get one last shot off while being prison ***** by 5 enemies. I will try and take back a node no matter what the situation is. Giving up is not an option. You sound like a quitter, hope about you just quit SWTOR all together?

As long as there is injustice, whenever a Republic baby cries out, wherever a node in distress sounds, wI will be there. Never give up... and never surrender.