Tracer missile idiots

Ruzena

I mean people that say that tracer misile spam is stupid. I adressed the problem with tracer missile spam earlier, so lets say it again.

BUILDS are built around ability A stacking stackable debuff B and bufff C. In this case tracer missile stacking heat signature on the target and tracer lock buff on player, one buffing ability rail shot and both one buffing heatseeker missile.

Thus, to get good benefit from both you have to spam tracer missile.

Ok lets move on.

As powertech you spam flame burst, to refresh burning dot on target adn 30% chance to refresh rail shot, and rocket punch 45 % refresh railshot. Therefore PT is FLAME BURST,FLAME BURST,FLAME BURST,FLAME BURST,FLAME BURST,railshot spam.

Lets move on to another class or everyone got it? By saying that mercenaries that use tracer missile are just spammers you just show that you never played that class, or your brain simply didn't get that stuff allright.

I personally have only lvl 30 merc, but I rolled it because i love tracer missile spam. My opinion and I don't see any reason why some social wellfare skiller shoulld tell me that tracer missile spam is bad for me, because like it.

Last few days after meeting usually 6 sages in pvp I have an opinion there are other things that deserve dev attention, like MULTI purpose classes, that absorb 4 hits before you break their almost spammable bubble, and when you manage to get the low on hp, they stun you with one of 4 CC, sprint 200 meter away, heal to full and fry you like hamburger.

Edited by Ruzena

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very cute. You don't understand what those "idiots" are saying, but you judge them.

Let me explain. The "idiots" don't like when a class can use just one ability and still be decent. No unload, no railshot, just tracer missile. Possibly using the heat-free ability when you can't.

So, you misunderstand the word "spam" in this context

This is very cute. You don't understand what those "idiots" are saying, but you judge them.

Let me explain. The "idiots" don't like when a class can use just one ability and still be decent. No unload, no railshot, just tracer missile. Possibly using the heat-free ability when you can't.

if they are jealous they should reroll merc and realize that arsenal is not a pvp god by any means.

Hahaha, I rarely use flame burst, enough to keep the debuff on. By what you listed, I would be at 125 heat, and completely useless. I use rocket punch/rail shot far more, mixing in a flame burst/sweep (for groups) for the debuff as needed, and unload/flamethrower if other things are on cd. Burst/sweep are too heat intensive to spam without a constant heat problem. Way to be way off the mark.

As for the tracer spam, people talk about it because it is easy mode dps. Spam the one to max, hit other linked abilities, rinse/repeat. If you can't see why people mock that, then I am sorry for you.

Hahaha, I rarely use flame burst, enough to keep the debuff on. By what you listed, I would be at 125 heat, and completely useless. I use rocket punch/rail shot far more, mixing in a flame burst/sweep (for groups) for the debuff as needed, and unload/flamethrower if other things are on cd. Burst/sweep are too heat intensive to spam without a constant heat problem. Way to be way off the mark.

As for the tracer spam, people talk about it because it is easy mode dps. Spam the one to max, hit other linked abilities, rinse/repeat. If you can't see why people mock that, then I am sorry for you.

anyone that has one ability with 2 buffs and 1 debuff stacking 5 times and does not use it continually (until stacks are maxed) is a fool

If you cant see why people use that, then I am sorry for you.

fact

You dont seem to be getting that the main attack should be used often. And TM spam just sucks in PVP. As a darkness sin i troll arsenal BH's simply by existing.

Not using Flame burst often as PT pyro, that easily crits for up to 1900 and places 700 ish crit dot on target and using rocket punch instead is pretty stupid. Also if you would spam it mindlessly to get to 125 heat is pretty nonsense, not everyone has one brain cell to play like that, so cool story bro.

Tracer missile is absolutely ok, if you don't like it play other class ;] Or kill enemies in warzones with shoulder slams ^^

The problem isnt the fact its spammed....its the fact that it not only hits like a truck, it also reduces the armor of the target, so each one hits even harder. And that debuff stacks with other mercs' debuffs. 1 merc/commando is bad enough for melee...2 of them can shred any melee class in seconds without ever having to hit anything else.

I had my first encounter with a TM-spamming player today, fair to say I lost. Wasn't an enjoyable experience.

Losing never is. but what class are you? nearly all classes wipe the floor with Arsenal BH's

The problem isnt the fact its spammed....its the fact that it not only hits like a truck, it also reduces the armor of the target, so each one hits even harder. And that debuff stacks with other mercs' debuffs. 1 merc/commando is bad enough for melee...2 of them can shred any melee class in seconds without ever having to hit anything else.

TM does not hit like a truck, not sure where you get your info from.

yeah, you can do that with pretty much every class, and it's usually insta cast.

I spam Tracer Missile, but I wish I did not have too. I hit Unload everytime it procs, I hit Heatseeker and Rail shot when I have heat signatures of 3 or more. I use the shock (4 sec stun), the Concussion Missile, the 2 Heat disipations skills, and most other skills I have.

But out of every 10 skills I used, 5 are most likely going to be Tracer Missile. Why?

Not because it is awesome - it is only because heatseeker, Unload, and Rail Shot require it to be any good.

Edited by AAmedeo

But out of every 10 skills I used, 5 are most likely going to be Tracer Missile. Why?

Not because it is awesome - it is only because heatseeker, Unload, and Rail Shot require it to be any good.

Don't forget cooldowns. Why use TM? Because railshot, unload, and HSM are all on CD.

thats silly logic of course 2 mercs can destroy one melee. 2 melee can destroy a merc just as fast.

I think part of the problem with TM is how obvious it is. Several classes use one ability quite often (even if not AS often as a hunter uses TM) but TM has a very noticeable graphic and sound, so everyone knows when it is being used.

My biggest complaint with TM is that it looks like my character is taking a dump when he uses it. I absolutely HATE the animation for it. But I use it anyway, because it is the lynch-pin of the arsenal tree.

I miss being a pyro-merc, and can't wait for dual builds so I can still have it, but right now I am really the only BH in our guild that is raiding, and I can't NOT use TM in an operation, the debuff is just too good for the whole team.

Losing never is. but what class are you? nearly all classes wipe the floor with Arsenal BH's

Class is less relevant than the player. I'm an arsenal merc and i can kill any class, just as any class can kill me.

But there is pretty much no one who can wipe the floor with me. Kill me? Sure. Wipe? Good luck with that....

@Yazule: You are obviously confused, I understand completely why you use it. It is the staple of the class, and it maximizes your dps. But because it is simple (cheesey even?) is why people mock the arsenal merc. If I was running that spec, I would do the same, because it is the way it was designed.

Not using Flame burst often as PT pyro, that easily crits for up to 1900 and places 700 ish crit dot on target and using rocket punch instead is pretty stupid. Also if you would spam it mindlessly to get to 125 heat is pretty nonsense, not everyone has one brain cell to play like that, so cool story bro.

Tracer missile is absolutely ok, if you don't like it play other class ;] Or kill enemies in warzones with shoulder slams ^^

Let's see, shieldtech, be design, is set to bring back rocket punch as often as possible, which works wonderfully for igniting my railshot. I didn't say I ignored flame burst, I use it to re-apply the debuff as needed. At the heat it uses, spamming it would be both foolish and stupid. There is far better ways to spend my heat.

I don't have an issue with well played mercs. It's the ones that are terribad players yet can still spam a one button win. I can always tell these guys as I'm blazing at full speed straight at them on my vanguard, cryo grenade/hib/ ion pulse/stockstrike/ interupt their next attempted spam and watch them stand there doing nothing while I pummle them for 4 seconds. These guys end up dead very quickly when you get on em. But left alone, it's a one button win, no single skill should debuff and do that much damage. Hopefully in 1.2 it's tracer spamming that gets the nerf that's coming for BH, thus forcing the terribad players to go away cause it isn't easy mode anymore. I simply can't wait!!

TM deals less dmg than FS and TM is NOT an instant. so I'm not sure where you're going with this.

I'm going to ignore the rest of your post because it's plain stupid and makes no sense.

I mean people that say that tracer misile spam is stupid. I adressed the problem with tracer missile spam earlier, so lets say it again.

BUILDS are built around ability A stacking stackable debuff B and bufff C. In this case tracer missile stacking heat signature on the target and tracer lock buff on player, one buffing ability rail shot and both one buffing heatseeker missile.

Thus, to get good benefit from both you have to spam tracer missile.

Ok lets move on.

As powertech you spam flame burst, to refresh burning dot on target adn 30% chance to refresh rail shot, and rocket punch 45 % refresh railshot. Therefore PT is FLAME BURST,FLAME BURST,FLAME BURST,FLAME BURST,FLAME BURST,railshot spam.

Lets move on to another class or everyone got it? By saying that mercenaries that use tracer missile are just spammers you just show that you never played that class, or your brain simply didn't get that stuff allright.

I personally have only lvl 30 merc, but I rolled it because i love tracer missile spam. My opinion and I don't see any reason why some social wellfare skiller shoulld tell me that tracer missile spam is bad for me, because like it.

Last few days after meeting usually 6 sages in pvp I have an opinion there are other things that deserve dev attention, like MULTI purpose classes, that absorb 4 hits before you break their almost spammable bubble, and when you manage to get the low on hp, they stun you with one of 4 CC, sprint 200 meter away, heal to full and fry you like hamburger.

You're right.

Tracer missle and powershot are our most powerful moves, especially when paired with wearing 2 peices of pve armor that give powershot and tracer missle an extra 15% chance to crit, so ur roughly 50% of the time critting with it, its like why use any other move. railshot doesnt even crit for as much as tracer missle can almost normally hit for. explosive dart sucks, heat seeker missles are obviously the best move, fusion missle rules for group dmg but for single dps blows. we have a lack of moves to use, missle blast costs 25 heat and hits half as hard as tracer missle does.

What else can we do? Power shot sucks because your 2nd gun default has 60% accuracy, so it misses a lot on tanks, and in general.