Please turn off companion dialogue during combat

Necrosia

While i do love elara and all... it gets old hearing her say

"THIS WILL HELP"

"I CAN HELP YOU"

"LET ME HELP"

i mean seriously, she has 3 different lines to say shes going to help, and it sums up the majority of what she says in combat.

its like, ok i get it, you want to help... thanks for letting me know for the 100th time today.

i do love elara, but seriously, 3 lines that say the same thing was just a poor move by the designers.

Why, are you a Pacifist?

(Consular joke)

That's why Qyzen rules. He may say the same stuff over and over again, but he does it in low-pitch gibberish -- barely noticeable. It didn't even occur to me that companion banter could be annoying for my first 30-some levels. I was spoiled by a lizard; go figure.

But yeah, +1 to the OP. I'm honestly amazed that SWTOR, which has an absolutely breathtaking amount of high-quality voice work -- perhaps the most ambitious VO effort ever, and not just in gaming -- has so few stock one-liners for NPCs that the player is expected to tote everywhere.

I mean, it takes me a good two weeks or so before I start snorting at the repeated commentary in games like Madden football. With Theran Cedrax? Took about fifteen minutes.

A toggle of some sort would be nice.

If they had an engine in the code that could take speech fragments from each voice actor and then generate situational dialog that was was useful to what is going on in the game (space combat is one of the worst areas right now for nonsense chatter from your crew) so that that was not the repetition of a small selection of recorded phrases.

well then crew chatter would be useful

but yes right now an option to turn of the repetitive chatter would be good

If they had an engine in the code that could take speech fragments from each voice actor and then generate situational dialog that was was useful to what is going on in the game (space combat is one of the worst areas right now for nonsense chatter from your crew) so that that was not the repetition of a small selection of recorded phrases.

well then crew chatter would be useful

but yes right now an option to turn of the repetitive chatter would be good

Would've been great if they gave that some thought from the beginning and gave us some feature to create our own dialogue phonetically with sounds recorded for that purpose instead of hacking up existing dialogue.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

STAY ALIVE

Wouldn't cry if this was made an option, although I wouldn't use it. Kira's stupid FEEL MY FORCE and EAT LIGHTSABER, JERK are the only ones that super annoy me (I hate Corso more than Space Hitler, but somehow I still don't mind his combat shouts).

• 1 year later...