Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

we need transfers sometime in the near future i hope.

at launch my server was population capped, now its pretty low on the republic side.

lack of players on the republic side mean hard as hell to create a PUG to run flash points, both normal and hard modes. there are like 3 guilds who do operations. ilum is empty.

pretty terrible. myself and other players would be more than happy to get the hell off the server we are on but still keep the characters we spend months on progressing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote for a Rift style Character transfer system, since moving a character from one serve to anohter is easy. the amount of information stored for each character is very tiny and simple to "move" or change a server value for. I think it would be the biggest Thank you for all the subs from BW to allow free character transfers on a couple week or 1 month cooldown.

I vote for a Rift style Character transfer system, since moving a character from one serve to anohter is easy. the amount of information stored for each character is very tiny and simple to "move" or change a server value for. I think it would be the biggest Thank you for all the subs from BW to allow free character transfers on a couple week or 1 month cooldown.

agree 100%

But the game has been out for almost two months now and still not a single reply from BW on this matter.

We must be heard, even a NO is an answer. They keep telling in every new video that they listen to the community because it's the community and the users that decide but in fact they're not even bothering to say something on this urgent important matter.

Continue posting guys, that's the only way we can be listened otherwise we are bound to play alone, scattered on a hundred empty servers with the only perspective of unsubbing because we can't enjoy endgame content!

EGA - I hate you BioWare, I paid for my game and I want to play right NOW.

EGA/Launch - I hate you BioWare, I have to wait 15mins to an 1hr+ to log into my server. Add more servers, NOW.

1 month later...

BioWare, could you please merge servers and or let us xfer to a new server? Thanks.

Just sayin...

EGA/Launch - I hate you BioWare, I have to wait 15mins to an 1hr+ to log into my server. Add more servers, NOW.

1 month later...

BioWare, could you please merge servers and or let us xfer to a new server? Thanks.

Just sayin...

I literally think about this everytime I see people complaining about these things.

I literally think about this everytime I see people complaining about these things.

Guys you're mixing the problems. Queues were a problem and the pop cap was raised to solve it.

Now there are MANY servers almost empty and people not enjoying their time.

Why can't we just have a char transfer? Would it hurt to anybody? Would it hurt you in fact?

Please consider other people's needs, that may be different than yours.

Talos Restoration Project, 5 people in fleet empire side on a friday afternoon. How are we expected to even remotely enjoy the game if you cant even find a group for a regular mode FP on a Friday afternoon. I cant believe BW has not replied to any of these threads.

Sub runs out in March...

1 month later...

Just sayin...

Your logic eats itself. The people playing at high pop servers who whined about queues are not the same people who are at low pop servers and now ask for merges/transfers.

02.08.2012 , 11:50 PM

I wanted to also address concerns about the Public Test Server. We're working towards enabling character transfers so you can move your own character across and test new patches. Other ideas to allow the testing of high-level content have been explored, but ultimately character transfer is what we want to allow for everyone.

Stephen Reid | Senior Online Community Manager

They're trying to hook it up. They just don't know how yet.:D

Edited by xobobox

Talos Restoration Project, 5 people in fleet empire side on a friday afternoon. How are we expected to even remotely enjoy the game if you cant even find a group for a regular mode FP on a Friday afternoon. I cant believe BW has not replied to any of these threads.

Sub runs out in March...

Because people don't have work or school or anything on a Friday afternoon right?

They're trying to hook it up. They just don't know how yet.:D

To the Public Test Server, not necessarily to ANY server.

No idea. Had a similar problem myself last night..I think I'll just delete my character and start over on a new server this weekend.

Why delete? This makes no sense. If they offer transfers down the road, why remove a developed character that could be usable in the future?

1 month later...

Just sayin...

Yup. If only Bioware had built servers and designed a game client that could actually handle a normal MMO population, rather than being forced to artificially limit the populations of their servers to compensate for their terrible engine. Then they could have opened 140 servers instead of 220, and most of these issues, including the queues, wouldn't have been issues at all.

Even when servers are "full" they don't seem all that heavily populated. The problem is all on Bioware's end.

Edited by Mannic

Yup. If only Bioware had built servers and designed a game client that could actually handle a normal MMO population, rather than being forced to artificially limit the populations of their servers to compensate for their terrible engine. Then they could have opened 140 servers instead of 220, and most of these issues, including the queues, wouldn't have been issues at all.

Even when servers are "full" they don't seem all that heavily populated. The problem is all on Bioware's end.

Harsh. but quite possibly the truth. The best MSPORPG game ever designed. Massive single player online role playing game. so many good things about the game and at the sametime so many bad things. the problem is the bad things seem to be fundemental core design flaws, not surface bugs and cracks. the longer i play the end game , Every time i try to play an alt, the flaws become over whelming.

they dont even really need to bring out transfer yes it be nice but what they really need to do is merge servers and add cross server warzones cuz play huttball 85% of the time against empire when i am empire is pretty lame.. even though beating your GMs group at it is kind of fun gets old after a while. Edited by FugginChit

they dont even really need to bring out transfer yes it be nice but what they really need to do is merge servers and add cross server warzones cuz play huttball 85% of the time against empire when i am empire is pretty lame.. even though beating your GMs group at it is kind of fun gets old after a while.

I doubt cross server WZ will fix empire playing Huttball all the time, larger number of Empire players compared to Republic. Access to a larger pool of players, is still going to be just a larger pool of empire players to play Huttball with.

Edited by caveslug

Question.

Are paid transfer going to include crosse zone transfers? I was in the US and started a character when the game was released. I now moved to europe. And basically if I want to have people online for flashpoints or raids I need to stay up from 2am to 5am which greatly reduces the possibility to tackle serious endgame.

And I really do not feel like starting over and throw the two month of play by the window.

So will it be possible to transfer from US to Europe?

AT this point i am totally not Concerned if i have to pay or not.What Concerns me is if they will allow transfer from US to EU servers or Vice Versa ! I really need to transfer my toon EU and i would die of frustration if i had to leave it behind to US.Another thing that i am concerned is the Legacy System,,,If you transfer a toon what happens to your Legacy exp?I mean if you already have a toon on a server and transfer a toon from another server that has higher Legacy exp what happens then??And what do you think : Will they allow EU to US transfer??? Edited by TheForbiddenOne

This question really does need SOME kind of a Dev answer. At this point, they really should be able to give a release date if they are working on it; it's not THAT complicated of a procedure to code, and it's something that this community has been consistantly vocal about wanting since day 1.