The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

Yea playing this game makes me appreciate rift so much, those guys really did a great job creating a video game. I mean i'm not as passionate about this as some people, i just started over, which sucks but i'll still be playing the game and paying the subscription so, it isn't like i'm mad about it i understand it is a logistical problem with the legacy thing, but i just think for a game that copies the majority of its game mechanics from other mmos (not gonna name names on that one), you could stand to look at rift, which although i stopped playing due to having no friends that played, was as i can appreciate on so many levels now, a very well designed and player friendly game.

Correct me if Im wrong but Rift had free... yes FREE character transfers up to any and all servers like what? a month after release? Because they realized when they were opening up like 5 new servers per day because of que times the population would be spread way to thin and guess what they were right. How bioware could look at how many people were playing their game and not expect some servers to either become barren wastelands or overpopulated cluster ****s is beyond me. They need to implement a free character transfer (or incredibly cheap) system and fast.

Need free/cheap character transfers for a limited time

Legacy needs to be transferable as well even if it has to be renamed

I dont think thats asking for much.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My server is very frustrating :(. On Friday and Saturday night I was in the pvp que for 2 hours each night and not once did a warzone pop up. All of us 50's are fed up so we rerolled which makes level 50 pvp even more impossible. Ilum is a total joke. There is no pvp of any sort, it is just a bunch of imperials running around in circles picking things up off the ground (when I say a bunch I mean 3 tops). When a republic shows up, we all rush over and just destroy 'em since we are so excited to see a red nameplate.

Flashpoints aren't too bad for me because my husband is a a tank and I am a healer, but I'd imagine other people are having a very hard time. There's 1 maybe 2 operations that happen each week on the imperial side across the whole server.

There is one good thing about having a small server though. Most of us 50's are pretty tight. If you are a troll, a pug just won't pick you up. It's a lot like living in a small town lol.

I am very pro free server transfers from high population to low population. I would love some more people to play with. It's not just the pvp I miss, I really just don't like seeing 12 people on the imperial fleet at 8pm on a friday/saturday. Makes me think something's really wrong :(

Correct me if Im wrong but Rift had free... yes FREE character transfers up to any and all servers like what? a month after release? Because they realized when they were opening up like 5 new servers per day because of que times the population would be spread way to thin and guess what they were right. How bioware could look at how many people were playing their game and not expect some servers to either become barren wastelands or overpopulated cluster ****s is beyond me. They need to implement a free character transfer (or incredibly cheap) system and fast.

Well most games realise that healthy server populations are key to holding on to their customer base.

Yeah.. Honestly I think a rather simple solution would be....

Get rid of some servers completely, particularly the ones with the lowest population cap.

Allow those people to transfer to a few designated servers, ensuring that server would then be populated enough to not feel barren, but not enough to feel overpopulated as well.

Then when you cycle through all the low pops allow free transfers from the high pops to the LOWEST populated servers at that point. This way you will control the flow of players onto servers, ensuring that everyone is happy.

After this process is over, allow for 5$ server transfers per toon + legacy, to exist from any server to any server for a month. Then raise the price to 15$ per toon after the initial month to ensure server populations stay stable and disable legacy transfers completely or charge extra for it to be transferable = Problems solved.

It isnt that complicated of a process?

Edited by Alumera

Lets keep posting until we have an official answer. Its frustrating that we dont have a single answer to a 70+ page thread.....

I doubt forum posting will make much if any difference. The most effective weapon you as a consumer have, is your wallet. Simply cancel your subscription if you are unhappy.

I did and I got a customer survey 2 days later about why I quit, what it would take for me to come back etc, individually its meaningless what one consumer thinks but if enough people are canceling subs because of this it becomes a trend and gets auctioned. Forum threats and whiney posts probably wont amount to anything but retaining subscribers is paramount to the success of this game.

Don't post about quitting or give ultimatums, "I will quit if X isn't done" etc. Vote with your wallet.

I doubt forum posting will make much if any difference. The most effective weapon you as a consumer have, is your wallet. Simply cancel your subscription if you are unhappy.

I did and I got a customer survey 2 days later about why I quit, what it would take for me to come back etc, individually its meaningless what one consumer thinks but if enough people are canceling subs because of this it becomes a trend and gets auctioned. Forum threats and whiney posts probably wont amount to anything but retaining subscribers is paramount to the success of this game.

Don't post about quitting or give ultimatums, "I will quit if X isn't done" etc. Vote with your wallet.

As you can see, this is just as ineffective as forum posting. They took his survey and tossed it on the pile, only at a lower priority since he already cancelled.

The only way boycotting works is en mass. Even if everyone who posts on this thread quit tomorrow, they might notice; but it wont change things over night.

Well most games realise that healthy server populations are key to holding on to their customer base.

This seems like one of those things that many, many gamers have learned, and many, many developers have learned, but Bioware will take like 2 years to learn, and lose customers because of it.

Yes, I'm on a low pop server, that's getting lower (and it was "Very Heavy" the moment I created my 1st toon).

I have almost every piece of gear I can get from hard mode flash points. I can't find enough players interested in doing PvE content on my server to make serious attempts at ops. My sub comes up on the 5th. I can't see why I would continue to play if I can't find a group or move to a server that has people willing to play.

I agree completely. I would love to transfer to a higher population server, I am stuck trying to finish three 4 person heroics on Balmorra because it seems like there are only ever 14 people on that planet at a time and none of them want to do heroics lol...and I am a healer even.

This is fantastic.

72 pages and not one *********** reply from BW.

The funny thing too - I was directed here from another thread that was posted a month and a half ago.

How can BW be taken seriously when they don't even respond to a thread this HUGE, in the first beginning months of the game? Especially when all it will do will make the game more successful.

Playing between my mains server and the server i want to change to is just getting more and more frustrating. When you've put time and effort into your main toon, to realise PVE and PVP isn't going to happen because of the lack of people on the server, just annoys you...Re-rolled to play with friends on a seperate server, to play through all the quests ive already completed, to not be bothered to level it as well as my main, with that comes a more and more frustrating urge to progress my main. Becomes an endless circle...

I'd happily pay for transfer.

Otherwise i'd happily save the subscription for something else :)... just saying.

I too would love to be able to transfer my toon to a higher pop server as the one I am in now seems to be dead. In the middle of the day the fleet only has 27 people on, and only about 5 were 50. I tend to run hard modes with the same group of people because there isn't a big pool of people to choose from. I would gladly pay a fee to transfer but I just want this is as soon as possible. Im not a fan of re-rolling as that will take a while and I like my main. Please BIO, will you at least respond with an update or ETA? Maybe in that big patch you are rolling in March? Just something so we know you hear us.

I'm rerolling on Tomb of Freedon Nad.. I gave up this fight, Bioware is obviously NOT LISTENING to its players about this URGENT issue..

I think that losing customers is bad and in my work I have to listen to every customer if I want to keep my job. Empty servers means that if somebody is REALLY enjoying the game, maybe could be willing to reroll another char on a more populated server but most of the people won't.

And any way I'm not willing to have spent so much time on my Shadow just to throw it away on a stupid empty server.

BIOWER LISTEN TO US! We've been politely asking, following the rules of the forums and still no answer at all. At least we deserve to know how, if and maybe when character transfer will be addressed!

We couldn't organize ourselves well during launch time, we didn't knew how things were going to be in the near future, but now we can so please listen to us!

I have to +1 this thread after seeing the appalling population on the Republic side of my server.

When you see 'standard' as the population and roll a Republic toon, then find 30 people on the fleet, it's horribly misleading. All the population is Imperial and the Republic side is virtually depopulated, there is nothing 'standard' about that experience.

I rerolled on another server, thank God I only got into the teens before realizing this toon was DOA due to poor population. To the Republic players who began there with a good population and built a level 50 only to see this happen, you have my sympathy.

Edited by kristoffbrujah

When server transfers finally come.. can I just highlight and request that a common issue not be repeated. That is.. since we can create characters on both US and EU servers.. please let us also transfer characters between these different groups of servers.

Personally I don't even care if there is a fee attached to doing so. But it means that people such as myself that now have a few lvl 50s on one server.. only for there friends to loose interest and stop playing can move these character to any server (EU or US) where friends are located that still play.

:)