Schematic: Advanced Magenta Lethal Crystal

tortcat

So I am curious, this recipe costs 250k now from the new vendor on the station, but what are the components needed to make the crystal itself?

Are they reasonably obtainable? I thought previously the only way to get the crystal was to have a group of 50's kill the " force ghost etc" and u had to go to about 3 different worlds.

I wouldn;t mind buying this schematic just to have it for the future, but I do not see a point in buying it without knowing how difficult etc it would be to get the components etc.

Anyone know exactly what components the new schematic needs?

Thanks!

i haven't looked into but i believe nothing has changed except that you can now buy the schematic.

Its not that hard and if you just sit and wait for people to attach the boss on ilum you can jump in and help without being part of the group. It won't hurt anyone. You can then harvest the crystals with everyone there.

So to explain how to get it:

Go to Tatoonie, get the water buff. You now have 30 mins to take it to Hoth and freeze the water. This will put it in your inventory. Then go to Ilum and kill the boss or wait for people to do it then just harvest the crystals.

thanks for the replies. Im not always on with enough of a group to kill the boss but I was not aware I could from time to time "help" a group and still get the crystal...good to know and you are right hurts no one and well never thought about that part lol, as I was thinking "old school" like eq or wow where u had to be IN the group.

makes sense...thank you

Nope. All the mats but that magenta crystal (outlined how to get above) are just your standard Tier 6 mats. No HM or Ops requirement.

An interesting fact to note on this is that the magenta crystal requires both the tier 6 prototype (lorridan gem) AND artifact (corusca gem) gems as part of the creation, where the rest of the artifice schems only require their respecitves ones for each type (prototype for prototype and artifact for artifact).

An interesting fact to note on this is that the magenta crystal requires both the tier 6 prototype (lorridan gem) AND artifact (corusca gem) gems as part of the creation, where the rest of the artifice schems only require their respecitves ones for each type (prototype for prototype and artifact for artifact).

That is because the product is Artifact grade. Magenta crystals only exist as artifact. Making it require less resources wouldn't make sense.

Edited by Rhaphael

Anyone know if they are removing this schematic in 1.2 like they do with the white crystal ? I am not able buy this because i am only level 40 and wish to wait leveling until 1.2 arrives.

So is it actually worth it to buy the schematic? Will the crystal be bound upon creating or can you sell it?

Can you find enough mats to create multiple of them so you can make some credits off selling them?

Or is it not worth even buying the schem because of the cost and time it takes to obtain the rare crystals?

You can buy just the crystal for half the creds if you just want one for yourself... I am not sure what to do. I've got the creds saved up for the schematic and I keep going back and forth on it...

Any suggestions?

This recipe is bascially now defunked... its pointless. The same as players still charging 300k for a magenta crystal on GTN, what idiot would buy a pink crystal at only +33 stat when they can get CYAN at 125k from a vendor with a +41 stat which for my sentinal was well worth it and what a saving verses 2x magentas from GTN.

I can easierly afford the schems but im not falling into there trap trying to take away my millions before 1.2 patch. Take that BIoware im gunna horde it soooo much my players going to get a speed debuff for having to many credits.

Now if the schematic was changed with 1.2 to reflect the new LVL 50 stats ie 41!! and not 33 then this would be a different story and bring magenta back to being a viable choice.

Edited by RichyYoung

This recipe is bascially now defunked... its pointless. The same as players still charging 300k for a magenta crystal on GTN, what idiot would buy a pink crystal at only +33 stat when they can get CYAN at 125k from a vendor with a +41 stat which for my sentinal was well worth it and what a saving verses 2x magentas from GTN.

I can easierly afford the schems but im not falling into there trap trying to take away my millions before 1.2 patch. Take that BIoware im gunna horde it soooo much my players going to get a speed debuff for having to many credits.

Now if the schematic was changed with 1.2 to reflect the new LVL 50 stats ie 41!! and not 33 then this would be a different story and bring magenta back to being a viable choice.

It's not pointless so long as it's PINK.

:D

Can you buy the schem on one toon and pass it to another alt on your same account? My Jedi has the money to buy it but is a Bio crafter. So I want to pass it to one of my alts.

The patterns are bop but why wouldn't you just be able to send the credits through the mail to that alt? The alt can still buy it and have it sit in their bank till they can use it.

Two things - to craft it there are i believe 4 items needed. The hardest ones to get you get through crew missions and thats the corusca gems. you need 6 per saber crystal. You also need a magenta crystal - which is easy enough to get but can be time consuming - either world boss or force ghost and ice crystals on ilum. The other two items are a teir 6 crafting items that you will get while farming those corusca gems and around ilum.

Now the magenta crystal from the force ghost - you can only carry one at a time. But if you have four buddies and the mats, they can give u the crystal after you crafted the blade.

Now once you craft the crystal it is not bound - you can make as many as you want. and yes you can sell them.

I sell them from 200k to 250k easily. It how i was able to purchase my white saber so quickly and buy each crafting schem plus a new speeder. My serve is generally low - only high one weekends.

I have seen some ppl sell them for 250k and turn around and sell them on gtn for 800k+

regardless - i found it to be a wroth wide investment